Birchbox October 2014 Spoilers! Video is up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like for BB to keep sending me the Naobay lotion.  I've had the full size in and out of my cart so many times it just isn't funny.  I have two samples and I'm hoarding them like a discontinued product.  No idea why it's so appealing to me, but it is.  

Actually BB could just alternate Naobay and Laqa's Menatour and I'd be happy.

*back to hoarding*
I love the Naobay as well but i wouldn't pay so much for lotion especially since I have so many to go through.  But it's seriously one of my favorite lotions ever.
It's really sour citrus-y so not my taste. my HG body lotion is the vineyard peach from the body shop. I was so worried when they said it was LE I went and bought 3 XDDD and then I have all these other lotions to go through too. I'm set for like, at least 2 years /sobs

I got my order from the 40% off thing on Wed and I've just been too lazy to take pictures.

W9Wgdlpl.jpg

The LAQA polish's formula is seriously amazing. One to one and half coats to perfection. The brush stem is a little more annoying than Julep's but wow the formula *g*

I'm afraid to use the Pure beauty blender. ): I just pulled out my studio one (the black one) to play with again, and even that's still a little stained with foundation after i washed it. Also, it's ripping a little... this is only the second time 've used it, so I think I might take it back (with receipt) to exchange for a new one ...

As for hte pick two, well, I got hair mask, body lotion, and more body lotion. This is a lot better than some ladies' but hair stuff and body lotion is the main reason I stopped doing monthly BB boxes hahaha
Yeah, I got a few foil packets too with my mystery sample pack and nail polish.  I got some hair serum, some 100% Pure hand cream, and some Color Club nail polish in red (I think it was called mamba or rhumba or something),  Not really mad at them for what was sent.  

My box finally arrived!  I now know why it took so long and got re-routed from my hometown to NY and back again....it had TWO labels on it.  One on the front (mine) and one on the back for a compeltely different person!

I went to Birchbox and used the other person's tracking # and all that shows it that his box was "born." 

I am going to have to contact Birchbox because I am sure that person is trying to figure out where their box is.  Kind of dumb mistake on Birchbox's part.  I'm surprised the post office finally figured it out and stopped sending it between So Cal and NY!  It could have easily been delivered to this other person and I'd be out my box.

Yeah, I got a few foil packets too with my mystery sample pack and nail polish.  I got some hair serum, some 100% Pure hand cream, and some Color Club nail polish in red (I think it was called mamba or rhumba or something),  Not really mad at them for what was sent.  
I hate how uneven the mystery sample packs are, I got that same little tub of Beauty Protector conditioner, but then the second thing was a Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer peelie card that doesn't even have enough in it to cover the back of my hand. That's it. And yet other people get three things? They need to sort that out.

Ugghhhhh just got a completely different box than the one that shows on my account, and no modelco kitty lipstick that I have a confirmation email for. And of course, no candle. Never. Doing. BBPlus. Again.

My box finally arrived!  I now know why it took so long and got re-routed from my hometown to NY and back again....it had TWO labels on it.  One on the front (mine) and one on the back for a compeltely different person!

I went to Birchbox and used the other person's tracking # and all that shows it that his box was "born." 

I am going to have to contact Birchbox because I am sure that person is trying to figure out where their box is.  Kind of dumb mistake on Birchbox's part.  I'm surprised the post office finally figured it out and stopped sending it between So Cal and NY!  It could have easily been delivered to this other person and I'd be out my box.
You said it was delivered to Flushing, NY before?  that's actually where I live... maybe it was meant for me??  (I already got my boxes this month)

I got my birchbox two days ago and I DID get the whole thing like we were supposed to, the bag/eyeliner/eye palette. so that is super crappy that others who were supposed to, didn't
I got the bonus palette and bag in my box which came last week. It's good that they at least have some kind of backup bonus but it feels like they really didn't have enough stock of anything for October. 

You said it was delivered to Flushing, NY before?  that's actually where I live... maybe it was meant for me??  (I already got my boxes this month)
I don't want to put the whole name, but it was addressed to Eric Li*****.

I don't know how the post office figured out which addess was actually correct though (or which address they decided would get it).

I am so sad and frustrated. I just received my replacement Laggies box and the perfume leaked all over the place again. I really, really wanted this Sage + Fasten perfume rollerball! It's the main reason I chose this box (have already tried the Vasanti, have a full size and endless samples of the Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle already) and to top it off, they keep packaging the perfume with the mascara sample so I'm afraid to even try the mascara after perfume has leaked all over it! lol

I know Birchbox will make it right, they always have excellent CS. I'm just worried it won't be in the form of a replacement rollerball :'(

Has anyone received one that hasn't leaked?

I am so sad and frustrated. I just received my replacement Laggies box and the perfume leaked all over the place again. I really, really wanted this Sage + Fasten perfume rollerball! It's the main reason I chose this box (have already tried the Vasanti, have a full size and endless samples of the Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle already) and to top it off, they keep packaging the perfume with the mascara sample so I'm afraid to even try the mascara after perfume has leaked all over it! lol

I know Birchbox will make it right, they always have excellent CS. I'm just worried it won't be in the form of a replacement rollerball :'(

Mine leaked too and normally I wouldn't say anything because I really don't want the perfume samples anyway, but I had been wanting to try this one and from what I could smell I think I will like it. I emailed CS and they replied right away and said they would send me a replacement. Hopefully it doesn't leak as well. 

My mom received one in her box and it did not leak.

I finally got my box and I did not get my PYS. In addition the box contained not one, not two, not three but FOUR repeat products. At least I got the Tocca perfume sample I wanted, the only thing that wasn't a repeat. I am getting a box next month for free to make up for this but I am still upset.

Is anyone else still waiting on their box?  No page update, no shipping info.  Last email was a response from customer service last Wednesday saying my box and candle were "shipping out soon."  Then I got the 100 points for my late candle.  Still no box update AT ALL.

Is anyone else still waiting on their box?  No page update, no shipping info.  Last email was a response from customer service last Wednesday saying my box and candle were "shipping out soon."  Then I got the 100 points for my late candle.  Still no box update AT ALL.
I still haven't got my box. No page update, no shipping info and their last email was "The BB team knows about my box not shipping and they are working on a resolution". No points or expected shipping date.. :blink:

Mine leaked too and normally I wouldn't say anything because I really don't want the perfume samples anyway, but I had been wanting to try this one and from what I could smell I think I will like it. I emailed CS and they replied right away and said they would send me a replacement. Hopefully it doesn't leak as well.
I'm the same way! Not overly thrilled with perfume samples, usually. I try to avoid most of them for fear of headaches and because I can generally be really picky about scents. Every once in a while though, Birchbox surprises me with an awesome perfume sample that makes me fall in love with the scent (this recently happened to me with Folle de Joie! I actually saved up points and just cashed them in for a full size bottle) but I feel like 9 times out of 10, when I get really excited about sampling a particular fragrance.. it ends up leaking >.< I really loved that this one is somewhat citrusy, and from what I can tell it smells amazing. I hope they will give it another shot and send me another :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Crossing my fingers that yours arrives in good condition!

My mom received one in her box and it did not leak.

I finally got my box and I did not get my PYS. In addition the box contained not one, not two, not three but FOUR repeat products. At least I got the Tocca perfume sample I wanted, the only thing that wasn't a repeat. I am getting a box next month for free to make up for this but I am still upset.
Holy.. cr.. I'm speechless! o_O I don't understand how that is even possible. They didn't even offer to send you the PYS option you chose? I would be pretty upset as well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm so sorry! I really hope you get a dream box next month!

My box arrived today.  Let's compare what my account online showed (and an email dated Oct 11 matched that) to what was actually in my box today:

Atelier cologne

LB eye pencil

ModelCo Kitty lipstick (PYS)

Dr. Brandt vacuum pore stuff

Toni & Guy hair gloss

Actual box contents

Essential Elements shower gel that had leaked all over

Clarisea charcoal exfoliant.  The cap was completely off the jar, so the entire contents were spilled all over the box.  It was a nice mix with the shower gel :angry:  

Paula's Choice serum

ModelCo mascara

LuMesh lip gloss (the size of a bean)

NO bonus Cynthia Rowley eye shadow, bag, no CR anything.

To say I sent a scathing email to BB is an understatement. Someone else said it - ever since I upgraded to an annual sub, this has gone downhill.  Aces-whatever.  I'm not happy.  Good grief. I need a personal assistant to deal with all these sub issues. 

I can't believe Glossybox gets the award this month!  No popsugar box  yet, BB was a fail.  Thank you Glossybox!

My box arrived today. Let's compare what my account online showed (and an email dated Oct 11 matched that) to what was actually in my box today:

Atelier cologne

LB eye pencil

Toni & Guy hair gloss

Actual box contents

Clarisea charcoal exfoliant. The cap was completely off the jar, so the entire contents were spilled all over the box. It was a nice mix with the shower gel :angry:

Paula's Choice serum

ModelCo mascara

To say I sent a scathing email to BB is an understatement. Someone else said it - ever since I upgraded to an annual sub, this has gone downhill. Aces-whatever. I'm not happy. Good grief. I need a personal assistant to deal with all these sub issues.

I can't believe Glossybox gets the award this month! No popsugar box yet, BB was a fail. Thank you Glossybox!
I had the identical account box vs actual box. Luckily my scrub only spilled a little. I'm very annoyed that I didn't get the box and PYS choice on my account. And still no word on the candle. Agghhhh. I emailed them Saturday, still no reply.

I had the identical account box vs actual box. Luckily my scrub only spilled a little. I'm very annoyed that I didn't get the box and PYS choice on my account. And still no word on the candle. Agghhhh. I emailed them Saturday, still no reply.
My box arrived today.  Let's compare what my account online showed (and an email dated Oct 11 matched that) to what was actually in my box today:

Atelier cologne

LB eye pencil

Toni & Guy hair gloss

Actual box contents

Clarisea charcoal exfoliant.  The cap was completely off the jar, so the entire contents were spilled all over the box.  It was a nice mix with the shower gel :angry:

Paula's Choice serum

ModelCo mascara

To say I sent a scathing email to BB is an understatement. Someone else said it - ever since I upgraded to an annual sub, this has gone downhill.  Aces-whatever.  I'm not happy.  Good grief. I need a personal assistant to deal with all these sub issues. 

I can't believe Glossybox gets the award this month!  No popsugar box  yet, BB was a fail.  Thank you Glossybox!
I also go this box, and my ClariSea (as well as the other ClariSea product I got back in May or so) had a seal under the lid. Did yours not? Did it break? If it didn't, that seems.... not ok to me. Sorry your boxes came in bad shape. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Did anyone else who reserved ModelCo Kitty as a PYS and not get it in their box hear anything past the email BB sent about it a week ago, where they said they were shipping out the lipstick "shortly"? 

I want that lipstick, and I want to stay on top of CS about it but IDK if it's too early to follow up with them yet or not because that email only came last Thursday. 

Latest posts

Back