Birchbox October 2014 Spoilers! Video is up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally heard from BB today.  I had a call and follow-up email. They fell all over themselves apologizing for everything that went wrong.  They mentioned everything I'd complained about in my email so at least I know they read it.  Here's their resolution:

• No more ModelCo lipstick, so 100 points.
  • They have shipped a different CR eye shadow palette than what was promised but it's supposed to have a higher price.
  • They have shipped a replacement box - not sure if it's what was on my account in the first place or the same box I got but had everything broken?
I guess that's all fine. I keep reminding myself it's just a box ($8/month) but it's more the point of how they handled things and didn't communicate some of the switches.  I have to let it go.

On to November!

Last edited by a moderator:
I too don't have box update, no box and no shipping info. And I have been with them for 38 months and this is the first time I have had this problem. My annual sub ran out and Iwas a monthly subscriber for 2 months and just upgraded to annual using the cynthia rowley offer they had a couple of weeks ago. So, I assumed it was because of that but it could be the PYS (Chose Mally Melon) and I have never chosen an Add-on. 

I emailed them today morning, and got the spiel that they know about this issue and are working on a resolution. This is so cray cray... why can't they ship another box or do something about this? I'm so furious with them and and frustrated that I can't cancel my sub.
Hmm, I've always had the annual sub, mine expires each Dec/Jan.  But I chose Mally Melon.  I'll blame it on that.  Or the universe conspiring against me (us).

I finally emailed again today, and I got 100 points and the official line was:

We are still working on the issue in our warehouse that is keeping your October Box from shipping, and are aware that your box has yet to be sent out. I'm so sorry! Know that we are working as quickly as possible to get this resolved and get those great discoveries to you!

When your box does ship, we will absolutely be in touch with official messaging, and with some additional compensation for this lateness. Please know that this issue is certainly not in line with the standard of service we hope to provide, and we appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter!

I have a question for those of you that got the DevaCurl No-poo. https://www.birchbox.com/shop/devacurl-no-poo-32-oz

Is it a shampoo or a conditioner?  When I read the bottle, I assume it's a conditioner.  But when I read the Birchbox description, I come away thinking it's a shampoo.
It is a shampoo, in a sense that it's supposed to clean your hair. It does not soap like the regular shampoo does, and is supposed to be much more gentle on your hair. 

I am seriously wondering if Mercury in retrograde has had anything to do with the foolery with this month's box with Birchbox.  I just got an email saying due to a shipping mix up, I am getting a Birchbox Plus item sent to me.  Um, ok.  Huh?  I mean, I already got two candles.....apparently free of charge.....so......what?  Does this mean I am getting two more?  Or are they really just slow on the uptake and are just getting around to telling me what I already know?  Does anyone speak BBCS?

Side note- remember how I said MAKE's Hudson Red was too warm (not so much a wine) and I asked to send it back?  The new lipstick is scheduled to arrive today.  I went with Beetroot.  Kinda shocked at the quick turnaround there.

16 days after the box usually updates, and I FINALLY have an October box listed.  Surprise, surprise, it doesn't appear that my box includes my PYS.  No Mally Melon for me, even though I was assured by BB Matt that I'd still get it.  My box (https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2014/october-2014-bb1) has a lipgloss and a mascara, and typically I'd be pretty darn excited for this box, but I'm just too burned out to even care.  Bring on November.

16 days after the box usually updates, and I FINALLY have an October box listed. Surprise, surprise, it doesn't appear that my box includes my PYS. No Mally Melon for me, even though I was assured by BB Matt that I'd still get it. My box (https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2014/october-2014-bb1) has a lipgloss and a mascara, and typically I'd be pretty darn excited for this box, but I'm just too burned out to even care. Bring on November.
This seems to be the no PYS for you box. I got it too, and I chose the modelco lipstick. They're not in my good graces this month. And still no word on the missing candle. Ya know, since it's almost November.

16 days after the box usually updates, and I FINALLY have an October box listed.  Surprise, surprise, it doesn't appear that my box includes my PYS.  No Mally Melon for me, even though I was assured by BB Matt that I'd still get it.  My box (https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2014/october-2014-bb1) has a lipgloss and a mascara, and typically I'd be pretty darn excited for this box, but I'm just too burned out to even care.  Bring on November.
When I saw your post, I got excited thinking mine would've updated too.. But no such luck, I'm still stuck at September :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can't wait for november to get here.

I just wanted to let anyone who got the "An update on your October Box" email.  I didn't hear a word from birchbox since, email was on the 16th, and today I got the lipstick!  So happy to have gotten it.  It was in a plain white BB padded envelope with an invoice.  

Has anyone who did the add-on received any word about the missing candle? I got the oops email two weeks ago and nothing since. Grr.

I got my October Birchbox today, finally. Mally Petal to the Metal (pink), Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin, Borghese Fango Mask, Essential Elements Shower Gel, and the damned Lord & Berry Eyeliner. The contents are almost a match to my October Box Page on the website, but the Mally is pink instead of coral, so I'm not sure if this is my original (missing) box, a replacement box, or another box altogether. Like I said in the Birchbox OOS/Shipping thread, the tracking number is different, but it has my name and address, so I'm relieved at least somebody else's box didn't get misdelivered to me.

I've been going back and forth with BB, but as of Friday, they assured me my candle was "shipping soon!"  Meanwhile, my Oct box left Indiana on the 29th and has been hanging out in IL since the 30th with no updates.  Because that is just how my October box rolls. 

Today, I finally got my October Birchbox. After going back and forth with the CS(who was awesome!), she shipped me a box on friday and I had in my mailbox today. Logistics is supposedly still working on why i never my October box <_<  (whatever..) 

I got Box1 which did not have my PYS - Mally Melon, and they were OOS on it, instead I got 100 points.

I'm just glad that the whole October debacle is over and I can move on to November and the awesome looking LE boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

One of my candles arrived broken - shards of glass everywhere. It was horrible. I was going to trash it, but my husband helped to clean off the glass and put the remaining candle on a saucer so that I can at least burn it to get the jewelry inside.

I am annoyed that the candle was broken because I had intended for it to be a gift for a friends of mine. I love the smell - they're strong! - and I know my friend would have too. C'est la vie. I have emailed BB CS but am yet to hear anything from them.

One of my candles arrived broken - shards of glass everywhere. It was horrible. I was going to trash it, but my husband helped to clean off the glass and put the remaining candle on a saucer so that I can at least burn it to get the jewelry inside.

I am annoyed that the candle was broken because I had intended for it to be a gift for a friends of mine. I love the smell - they're strong! - and I know my friend would have too. C'est la vie. I have emailed BB CS but am yet to hear anything from them.
Ugh, I'm sorry. Had a similar thing happen. I orders the Illume candle off there site, it came broken, they send me another, came in a box with NO padding beyond shattered, they finally reimbursed me and have me 200 points for the two broken ones. They need to figure out how to ship candles!

Ugh, I'm sorry. Had a similar thing happen. I orders the Illume candle off there site, it came broken, they send me another, came in a box with NO padding beyond shattered, they finally reimbursed me and have me 200 points for the two broken ones. They need to figure out how to ship candles!
I heard back from Birchbox today and they have reimbursed me and given me 100 points for my trouble, which I'm happy about. The CS person I emailed back and forth with was so lovely. Birchbox really do have the best CS around!

Back