Birchbox October 2014 Spoilers! Video is up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else who reserved ModelCo Kitty as a PYS and not get it in their box hear anything past the email BB sent about it a week ago, where they said they were shipping out the lipstick "shortly"? 

I want that lipstick, and I want to stay on top of CS about it but IDK if it's too early to follow up with them yet or not because that email only came last Thursday. 

I got a completely different box from what I was supposed to get and missing my Kitty lipstick and the person from birchbox emailed this response:

I have put in a request for a replacement box to be shipped to you which contains the samples you should have received.

Rest assured, you should receive this replacement within 10 business days, and please don't hesitate to reply here if you'd like us to track this box for you.

We will of course be in touch with appropriate compensation if we are unable to ship you a replacement this month. If you do not hear from us within the next few days, you can be assured that your replacement box is on its way!

I also go this box, and my ClariSea (as well as the other ClariSea product I got back in May or so) had a seal under the lid. Did yours not? Did it break? If it didn't, that seems.... not ok to me. Sorry your boxes came in bad shape. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Nope, no seal. The lid on the plastic jar was completely off not broken from what i can see), the jar was on its side and the entire contents all over everything.  I've left it just the way it was when I opened it in case they want to see a picture.  Still no reply to my email. So much for preferred ACES status!

Did anyone else who reserved ModelCo Kitty as a PYS and not get it in their box hear anything past the email BB sent about it a week ago, where they said they were shipping out the lipstick "shortly"? 

I want that lipstick, and I want to stay on top of CS about it but IDK if it's too early to follow up with them yet or not because that email only came last Thursday. 
Thanks for reminding me... It's been 10 days since they told me they would send me replacements for my busted perfume and cracked lipstick. Guess I'll reply to that ticket again if its not there when I get home today.

Nope, no seal. The lid on the plastic jar was completely off not broken from what i can see), the jar was on its side and the entire contents all over everything. I've left it just the way it was when I opened it in case they want to see a picture. Still no reply to my email. So much for preferred ACES status!
Mine just arrived and it was open, too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the seal is actually stuck on the lid. Its supposed to be sealed like those ones you peel off after opening vitamins and such with writing on it.)

I also found my ClariSEA spilled all over. They're going to send a new one but I hope it's a different box it sounds like this box has been a mess for everyone.

I also found my ClariSEA spilled all over. They're going to send a new one but I hope it's a different box it sounds like this box has been a mess for everyone.
You've heard back from them?  Lucky duck.  I've sent two emails since Monday and have not had a reply. I'm supposed to have the almighty ACES status that puts me to the front of the line.  Uh huh. Right. 

Good for you. I hope you get a replacement for your scrub.

I also go this box, and my ClariSea (as well as the other ClariSea product I got back in May or so) had a seal under the lid. Did yours not? Did it break? If it didn't, that seems.... not ok to me. Sorry your boxes came in bad shape. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It looks like this was the replacement box for those of us who didn't get thier PYS. That lip gloss, while I like it is teeny tiny and not suitable as a replacement for the full size pys I had reserved!

It looks like this was the replacement box for those of us who didn't get thier PYS. That lip gloss, while I like it is teeny tiny and not suitable as a replacement for the full size pys I had reserved!
and such a bait and switch! They ask us to choose a sample, we do that. We get an email and our account shows a box of contents.  Then we get a completely different box without anyone saying anything? I might not have liked it much more, but an email saying "sorry, but we were wrong" or "sorry, we are shipping you something else" would have been nice.  But it's like they put our boxes in the mail, closed their eyes in hopes we wouldn't notice. I don't like being treated like that.

Ironically, I just got the email that we will soon get to PYS for November.  Anyone else gun shy about doing that? I mean, it's laughable.

Can I just say how much I love the Ellovi butter that I got in my box this month? I especially like how the vanilla scent is very "real" and not super sweet. The scent of the nut butters mixes really well with the vanilla.

Anyone else get/love the Ellovi?

Thanks for reminding me... It's been 10 days since they told me they would send me replacements for my busted perfume and cracked lipstick. Guess I'll reply to that ticket again if its not there when I get home today.
Just to update this, I guess they ran out of stock and just added 200 points to my account... Nice, I guess, but I would have much preferred a useable lipstick :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ironically, I just got the email that we will soon get to PYS for November.  Anyone else gun shy about doing that? I mean, it's laughable.
I still haven't even got my box yet...or a shipping update...or anything. I just emailed again for an update, since my last update was a week ago.  This is getting absurd.  This is also my first month getting the bonus (candle).  I'm not sure if it's the candle, the PYS, or the combo of the two that have jacked up my month so much.  I've NEVER (in 30 months! Just got my discount!) had my box take this long before.

I still haven't even got my box yet...or a shipping update...or anything. I just emailed again for an update, since my last update was a week ago. This is getting absurd. This is also my first month getting the bonus (candle). I'm not sure if it's the candle, the PYS, or the combo of the two that have jacked up my month so much. I've NEVER (in 30 months! Just got my discount!) had my box take this long before.
I'm 99% sure it's the candle. I've done Birchbox plus three times (water bottle, necklace, candle). Every. Single. Time. I've had issues with late box/wrong box/suuuuuuuper late add-on shipping, etc. I stupidly assumed that the bbplus issues would be sorted out by now, so I added the candle. And here I am 10/22 with no candle, no kitty lipstick, and a completely different box from what I was supposed to get. I guess I should feel lucky that I got a box at all! I've gotten sorry points, for which I'm grateful. But I realy wanted that lipstick

Ok something is up. Two months ago my monthly box picture was wrong. The items as listed below it were correct but the picture was wrong. I e-mailed Birchbox just to let them know and we went back and forth a few times with the end result being they told me they would contact me once it was fixed. I was able to review my items so I just forgot about it. I just logged in to do my reviews this month and the picture for this month, which still wasn't even loading a few days ago is up and wrong. I scrolled down to see if they ever fixed August and now there is only the stock closed Birchbox photo we see before the 10th. It's so unusual that for the past 24 months no problem and now 2 of the past 3 months the photos are wrong. I'm not going to bother telling them but thought I'd mention it here.

I still haven't even got my box yet...or a shipping update...or anything. I just emailed again for an update, since my last update was a week ago.  This is getting absurd.  This is also my first month getting the bonus (candle).  I'm not sure if it's the candle, the PYS, or the combo of the two that have jacked up my month so much.  I've NEVER (in 30 months! Just got my discount!) had my box take this long before.

I'm 99% sure it's the candle. I've done Birchbox plus three times (water bottle, necklace, candle). Every. Single. Time. I've had issues with late box/wrong box/suuuuuuuper late add-on shipping, etc. I stupidly assumed that the bbplus issues would be sorted out by now, so I added the candle. And here I am 10/22 with no candle, no kitty lipstick, and a completely different box from what I was supposed to get. I guess I should feel lucky that I got a box at all! I've gotten sorry points, for which I'm grateful. But I realy wanted that lipstick
I too don't have box update, no box and no shipping info. And I have been with them for 38 months and this is the first time I have had this problem. My annual sub ran out and Iwas a monthly subscriber for 2 months and just upgraded to annual using the cynthia rowley offer they had a couple of weeks ago. So, I assumed it was because of that but it could be the PYS (Chose Mally Melon) and I have never chosen an Add-on. 

I emailed them today morning, and got the spiel that they know about this issue and are working on a resolution. This is so cray cray... why can't they ship another box or do something about this? I'm so furious with them and and frustrated that I can't cancel my sub.

I have a question for those of you that got the DevaCurl No-poo. https://www.birchbox.com/shop/devacurl-no-poo-32-oz

Is it a shampoo or a conditioner? When I read the bottle, I assume it's a conditioner. But when I read the Birchbox description, I come away thinking it's a shampoo.
I understand that its two in one kind of thing. Could be wrong, but I think it's meant to replace your usual shampoo AND conditioner.

Day 3 with no personal response to my issues, but I did get a stock email today ("an update on our october birchbox") that read:

Unfortunately your october Birchbox is running a bit behind schedule.  You can find your tracking by logging into your account....blah blah blah.

They gave me 100 points.  Apologized that this is "not in line with the standard of service they hope to provide."

did anyone else get this?  As a reminder, I have gotten my box. It was just a disaster (not the one on my account, stuff spilled all over).

I am waiting one more day for a personal reply to my emails and then I am contemplating disputing the charge for my sub with my bank. BB has not provide the services promised (I have not gotten the CR bonus, this box of unusable items is unacceptable, no replies to my email pleads for help).

Day 3 with no personal response to my issues, but I did get a stock email today ("an update on our october birchbox") that read:

Unfortunately your october Birchbox is running a bit behind schedule. You can find your tracking by logging into your account....blah blah blah.

They gave me 100 points. Apologized that this is "not in line with the standard of service they hope to provide."

did anyone else get this? As a reminder, I have gotten my box. It was just a disaster (not the one on my account, stuff spilled all over).

I am waiting one more day for a personal reply to my emails and then I am contemplating disputing the charge for my sub with my bank. BB has not provide the services promised (I have not gotten the CR bonus, this box of unusable items is unacceptable, no replies to my email pleads for help).
Have you tired calling? The CSRs on the phones are usually more helpful then on email.

I am so sad and frustrated. I just received my replacement Laggies box and the perfume leaked all over the place again. I really, really wanted this Sage + Fasten perfume rollerball! It's the main reason I chose this box (have already tried the Vasanti, have a full size and endless samples of the Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle already) and to top it off, they keep packaging the perfume with the mascara sample so I'm afraid to even try the mascara after perfume has leaked all over it! lol

I know Birchbox will make it right, they always have excellent CS. I'm just worried it won't be in the form of a replacement rollerball :'(

Has anyone received one that hasn't leaked?
Quoting myself here. I finally heard back from CS.. as I suspected, they didn't have replacement samples to send me so I was given 100 sorry points. I suggested a replacement Laggies box or even a replacement box that might be similar (preferably one that contained the rollerball perfume) and for whatever reason the CS rep said they couldn't ship me a replacement box and instead waived the fee for my next box.. but I had already paid for my November box, so I guess December will be free.. I asked if it would be possible to alter my account somehow so that it may be possible for me to receive this particular sample again in the future (because Birchbox isn't supposed to send repeat samples.. but I really wanted this sample, dang it!) but instead she suggested I just buy the perfume from the shop since I have "accumulated quite a few points" with them. Ugh. I know I'm getting a free box, and they threw sorry points my way.. but somehow I still feel disappointed. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back