Circular Swap #5 : Central Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met up with button today to transfer the box and wow...it was packed full of goodies!!!    I'm going to have to find a bigger box to hold all the contents before I can mail it to Canny Charlene.  I'm thinking a larger flat rate box should do the trick so I'll swing by the PO tomorrow and pick one up.  I will be posting pictures once I figure out how to do it.  I'm not as techy as the younger gals :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

So sticky lips and I live in the same city, so we are going to meet up to exchange the box.

In the interest of full disclosure, I took one more item (the orly nail polish) after I took the photo. As I mentioned earlier, I have since put in more items, including another polish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know we have to put a lot of trust in each other during this process and I wanted to be 100% up front even to the point of obnoxiousness!
Ahh. I love truth to the point of obnoxious!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's so missing in this world!  

@@OpheliaDiFranco lives close to my parents who I see every week.  They live in Pocono Summit and she lives not far. Maybe we could do a meet up!  What do you think, Ophelia?

Babs, I felt bad taking it after posting the photos! I wanted to make sure everyone knew I did. But it was in my mind and I was itching to have it!

I truly loved this experience and hope I can participate in another!

Ahh. I love truth to the point of obnoxious!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's so missing in this world!  

@@OpheliaDiFranco lives close to my parents who I see every week.  They live in Pocono Summit and she lives not far. Maybe we could do a meet up!  What do you think, Ophelia?
I'm back!!! Hi girls! I'm so excited to see all

The box movement and contents!!! Babs I am so down with meeting up! It would be cool to meet one of my MUT friends IRL:)

@Babs28  Thank you for the instructions.  I took the pictures and now I'm going to try to post them for the group.  Fingers crossed.

I tried to tag Babs28 in my last post, but I don't think it worked.  How do I tag someone?

@Babs28  Ok, I figured out how to tag someone.  Thanks everyone for being patient.  Now, on to getting the pics posted.

Here are the pictures!

1,  Total contents received - the box was overflowing with goodies.

Grandopening.jpg

2.  Items that I took

Tookout.jpg

3.  Items that I added

Putin.jpg

4.  All packed up and ready to ship.  I swapped out the original box for a larger one

Allpackedup.jpg

At the last minute, I decided to take one of the Escada Cherry perfume samples (there were two).  I'm going to drop it off at the post office later this afternoon.  This has been a lot of fun and I hope to participate again.

@@StickyLips - OMG!!  That's all you took?!?!  You hardly took anything! You could have (and should have) taken more!  

@@OpheliaDiFranco @@button6004 @@samplegal @@Canny Charlene - other swap "areas" were talking about going a second round with their box and then switching boxes with another area. Would any of you ladies be interested in doing that?

We did briefly discuss going another round but I don't think everyone said whether they wanted to participate or not.  If we do a second round, I think we should switch the order too.  I'll continue to be the starter and ender (unless someone has an objection). When it comes time to switch with another area, I can repackage it (if needed) and send it out. I have enough stuff to "start" another two boxes, even though I don't need to start from scratch this time. 

Let me know what you think. Whether you want to participate in a 2nd round amongst ourselves and/or you want to participate in a 3rd round with another area's box.

@@StickyLips - OMG!!  That's all you took?!?!  You hardly took anything! You could have (and should have) taken more!  

@@OpheliaDiFranco @@button6004 @@samplegal @@Canny Charlene - other swap "areas" were talking about going a second round with their box and then switching boxes with another area. Would any of you ladies be interested in doing that?

We did briefly discuss going another round but I don't think everyone said whether they wanted to participate or not.  If we do a second round, I think we should switch the order too.  I'll continue to be the starter and ender (unless someone has an objection). When it comes time to switch with another area, I can repackage it (if needed) and send it out. I have enough stuff to "start" another two boxes, even though I don't need to start from scratch this time. 

Let me know what you think. Whether you want to participate in a 2nd round amongst ourselves and/or you want to participate in a 3rd round with another area's box.
I'm sort of downsizing my samples right now so I didn't want to take too much, but I wanted to participate in the swap.  My husband jokes that he is going to have to rent a POD for me to store all my samples/products.  LOL  Since I promised him that I would downsize, I will opt out of a second round.  I think it's a great idea and great fun.  I need to start using up my inventory so that I can make room for more!  Have fun ladies!

Sorry guys..I really am here...This new site confuses the heck out of me and I think it is deterring me from being logged in 8 hours a day (maybe thats a good thing?  Hmmmmm lol)

Anyway, I am all about a second round!!!  I was kinda bummed being so close to the end cause I felt like I  would want to be able top share my goodies with all of you.  A second round would allow me to do that!  I LOVE LOVE the idea of swapping with another area when we are done too!!!!

Hey guys!!  I got the box today!  A ton of great stuff...I will post pics tomorrow afternoon then Pm for the next address to mail out on Monday.   Another round is okay with me. This was great! :lol:

Hey guys!!  I got the box today!  A ton of great stuff...I will post pics tomorrow afternoon then Pm for the next address to mail out on Monday.   Another round is okay with me. This was great!  :lol:
Hi @@Canny Charlene!  Yay for getting the box on Friday!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully there were plenty of pretties for you to choose from!  Any chance you could post pictures soon?  I'm dying (as I am sure some of the other ladies are) to see what came to you, what you took and most importantly  :w00t: , what you added!  I'm kidding about what you put in being most important!   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I'm just dying of curiosity!  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope you had a great weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara 

Hey ladies!  Sorry for the delay..a few family crisis but hopefully the pics are worth the wait!  I will be mailing tomorrow as soon as I get the next addy!!

First look at box:  20140502_162146.jpg20140502_163230.jpg

What I added: 20140504_223437.jpg20140504_223545.jpg

20140504_225350.jpg What I took

Saved some goodies in case round 2 takes place!  Box is stuffed!!

20140504_223910.jpg

@@Canny Charlene

Thanks for posting!  I'm just curious, what is the all black pot you added? It's in the first pic, under the black make up bag, to the left of the bubble bath.

I hope everything is ok with your family!!!

Hugs!

Thanks Babs!  I believe its the Bella mineral eyeshadow that came in Ipsy-prob in October/November.  It's a beautiful purple but I have no clue on how to use it lol.  BTW ladies, everything I added is new, unswatched. 

The box is absolutely stuffed to capacity.  Please please take all you can!  I added only half of what I was planning to because NOTHING else would fit and I wanted to keep it in a flat rate!

Stickylips,  I feel bad that's all you took!  If we do a 2nd round and reverse the order maybe you could be on the receiving end and not pay shipping..you didn't get your $ worth the last time..I know you said you were downsizing, but just a thought!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Canny Charlene ...that is a sweet thought, but the fun for me is sifting through all the goodies so I got my $ worth.  I'm trying so hard to downsize so I think I'm going to pass on the next round.  I did order a GB this month because of the collaboration with BG.  I made an exception because it appears to be a very good value for the cost of the box.  I'll keep following the thread and looking at the pictures. 

Hello!!!!  Sorry girls, I dont know what happened, but I couldn't find this thread on my phone last night....I received the box last night.  The pictures are on my phone, so I am going to see if I can find the thread now.  If not, I am going to have to transfer them to the computer.  Either way, I will take care of it by tonight:)

Back