Circular Swap #6 - American Beauty Discussion Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Hannibal and Walking Dead too, although I can only watch them in small doses. The creepiness of Hannibal starts to get to me a few episodes in...as for Walking Dead, the characters all just start to annoy me after a while. Plus I start dreaming about walkers. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I mean, I guess the cool thing about Walking Dead is that characters die a lot so that sometimes takes care of the annoying ones! 

The Fall is excellent, but the first season is very short. They just finished filming the 2nd one and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

We binge watch Walking Dead and finish a season in 3 or 4 nights, I have crazy dreams and end up with the brain capacity of a walker the next day.  Yes, the people can get annoying and I start hoping they'll get eaten. 

Okay...Orphan Black and The Fall are officially on my must watch list now! I can't hang with lots of blood and gore so I will have to pass on The Walking Dead :sick: my hubby had to cover my eyes at least once for like every episode of Breaking Bad haha!

What product or thing started your love of makeup?

I stole my moms blue/green mascara in 8th grade, it changed my eyes so much I was hooked. I wasn't allowed to really wear it until high school, but from then on I've been in full face  :smilehappyyes:

I guess I was kind of a late bloomer with make-up. I wore it on and off through high school and college, but I wasn't obsessive about it like I am now. I discovered subscription boxes a couple years ago, and my wallet has hated me ever since. I can't really pinpoint any one item that stood out; it was just like, "Oh hey! Look at all these products you've been missing out on your entire life. Go buy them all!"

I wore makeup all through high school (kind of a goth kid) and college, but I also didn't really become obsessed with it until later. I think it was probably after my wedding. Whenever I would see pictures of myself, I would always look so plain. I had my makeup professionally done for my wedding, and I just couldn't believe the difference it made. I also decided to take better care of myself as I got older. I wanted to stop dressing so poorly and decided to take more time to learn about applying makeup and which colors worked best for me etc. That's when the obsession began.

As for the product that actually got me into makeup to begin with? Well, as a former goth kid (I am probably still one in many ways), I would have to say I had an early love of black eyeliner! I have pictures of me from 8th grade with some pretty heavy black eyeliner going on.  :lol:

I too was a late bloomer with makeup. I only wore very light natural brown eyeshadow and light pink lip gloss in middle school. A teacher once complimented me on my makeup and I never changed it through out highschool! What was I thinking?!

I think youtube was the thing that really got me into makeup. A girlfriend showed me a makeup tutorial one night and I was hooked! I started experimenting with what I had "in stock" and quickly realized I needed an upgrade in my makeup. Sub boxes definitely expanded my collection of makeup and MUT always helps me find the best deals *cough cough- enablers thread - cough cough*

I love and hate that enablers thread =)

Box has been delivered ladies!! Woo Hoo! I get home in less than 2 hours...I can't wait to see all the awesomeness that is our starter box! I will be posting pics tonight for sure!

So to continue to get to know each other better...do any of us have pets? I have two awesome cats who love when I get deliveries...they are never short of boxes! They will probably end up in some of the pics tonight because they can't control their curiosity when new stuff arrives.

Which reminds me...is anyone allergic to cats? If so, I will be sure to keep them out of the room when I open and go through everything. Just let me know!

I have 4 cats (I am a crazy cat lady)! In some ways, my husband is more of a crazy cat lady than I am. If it were up to him, we'd probably have several more. I hate that I have to be the bad guy and set a limit, but it's not fair to the kitties to become a cat hoarder! We can afford to take care of them, but our house isn't super large so I just don't think we have the space. I always try to keep my trade items quarantined in case a trading partner is allergic to cats, but they too are always so curious if I am packing/unpacking items. I have to be diligent to keep them away!  :lol:

We have a Boston Terrier, who we love to death! We joke she's a cat because she doesn't bark and rubs up on you like she's a cat. We do have cat allergies, but the kiddos will be a school when I open the box, so no worries!

I love cats and dogs, but I am terribly allergic to them. It sucks, because my sister just adopted a new puppy, and she's so adorable! I went to visit, thinking I could temper the effects with some zyrtec, but I ended up with a fever for 3 days. Now I stick to shorter visits and spoiling from afar. 

I love cats and dogs, but I am terribly allergic to them. It sucks, because my sister just adopted a new puppy, and she's so adorable! I went to visit, thinking I could temper the effects with some zyrtec, but I ended up with a fever for 3 days. Now I stick to shorter visits and spoiling from afar. 
Oh man, that would be a horrible allergy to have! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that!

Wow that is tough to deal with! I'm sorry it's so severe especially when you love animals. I have a co-worker who breads hypo allergenic cats, and I have seen the same claim in some dog breads, but I am not sure if they really "work", or if that is even the right term? lol

Yeah it sucks. I always wanted a cat as a kid, but we couldn't get one because my dad is allergic to them. It wasn't until I lived with my college roommate and her cat that I discovered my own allergies. And I've heard of hypoallergenic pets, but I'm not sure I want to risk falling in love with one and still getting sick if it doesn't "work" so to speak. *sigh* First world problems.

My daughter loves cats too, but they trigger her asthma. She admires from a far and supplements it by having cat folders, shirts and stuff animals. Hopefully she'll out grow it.

I think "hypoallergenic" means they put off less dander and hair, but they still have to put off some. Maybe if your allergies are slight, but @@yellowdoodlebug you sound like my daughter, who will be coughing for weeks after a petting session.

Okay ladies! I have gone through the amazing box @@BlackMagicRose put together for us! I about died when I saw the Too Faced palette and Pixie Dust Polishes in her spoiler pic and knew I had to have them, but there is so much good stuff!! Kendra Scott earrings!?! OMG!!

Okay...on to some pics...

First pic is what was in the box (minus what I took)

image.jpg

Second pic is what I took out of the box...thank you so much @@BlackMagicRose !!

image.jpg

Third pic is of a little damage...the cap to the laqa & co came off in transit (this has totally happened in my purse before!) and got on some of the other items. I wiped things off and changed boxes but wanted to know if it was okay to still send in the box. A nice clean cut to the top would make the lippie completely usable. I just wanted to be sure everyone was okay with that or if it was preferred to leave it out.

image.jpg

Finally a pic of what I will be adding to the box. I had a hard time splitting my stash for round 2 but I think I did okay. I should be able to get the box out tomorrow, if not, Friday for sure! This has been so much fun! Can't wait to see how the box evolves!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Bah, I never thought about the cap coming off. I guess I should have taped it!  Thanks for the clean up! Honestly, unless someone really wants the Laqa, I would just toss it. I actually have one of the same color at home, and I like the color, but it's not so rare that anyone couldn't find an undamaged one! You added some really nice stuff! It's so exciting! I love watching the box change as each person gets it! Have you actually played box tetris yet? I know it can get kind of rough sometimes to pack all the goodies in!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back