Circular Swap #6 - American Beauty Discussion Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow our group is awesome & fast!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I won't be on MUT much, if at all the rest of the week.  I just wanted to let everyone know.  This box is so great!  Nice job ladies.

Okay...so I failed at getting everything in :( I didn't want the box to bulge because I heard the post office won't accept them like that anyway and I feared damage to the items. So I made an executive decision to take out the green tea, the shampoo and conditioner foils and the pillow pack samples (all are pictured below). If anyone really wanted any of them let me know. I will get them to you. :)

image.jpg

I've pretty much read all of the circular swap threads on here, and it seems like at some point, the group has to make a decision about whether they will move to a large flat rate box or just continue to try and make items fit by removing items. What does everyone feel like we should do when the time comes? A medium flat rate box ships for $11.30 if you print the postage online. A large flat rate box is $15.80 shipped online.

I'm fine with either one.

*also the other rectangular medium box seems to fit more than the square. So maybe try it first before jumping to the large. AND if we get really ridiculous the large game box is huge and the same price as the large.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am fine with either too. I will say, that if most of us are holding stuff back for a second round, and if even 1/3 of those items are full size, we may have no choice...haha! I like @@SaraP 's idea of trying it out first. The boxes themselves are free right? 

Another question I noticed posed in other swap threads...When the second round comes, should we take out anything that we put in during the first round that was not taken? Chances are it will not be taken the second time around and it might free up some space in the box. We still have so much time to think about that, just putting it on the radar though.

The priority mail boxes are free. I would worry about the rectangular ones a little since it is easier to the post office to turn it every which way, and I don't trust them not to break stuff! The only thing I would say about removing stuff you put in the first round that didn't get selected is that I feel like sometimes people weigh what they are putting in vs. what they are taking out and might consciously wait to take something they might want the second round if it's still there. It really depends on the space issue. If we do decide to go the route of the large flat rate, it probably wouldn't be much of an issue. Also, traditionally people take out more for the second round so sometimes the space issues get fixed automatically.

Hi girls, this is off topic but I have a few 10% off codes for Sephora.com that work until the 31st. PM me if you need one =)

Hi girls, this is off topic but I have a few 10% off codes for Sephora.com that work until the 31st. PM me if you need one =)
That's sweet! I keep weighing whether making VIB Rouge again is even worth it considering how few perks there actually are. Unless I go crazy (it's possible, I guess), I probably won't make it this year. 

I'd never spend extra to get it!! The only great thing is free shipping, and most of the big stores offer that anyways...Now that more places are carrying brands like fresh Sephora has less of a draw. Don't get me wrong I still stalk their site =)

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:
  • Priority Mail 1-Day
Features:
  • $50 insurance included
  • USPS Tracking

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM

Departed USPS Facility

LOS ANGELES, CA 90052 

Your item departed our USPS facility in LOS ANGELES, CA 90052 on October 4, 2014 at 12:48 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
October 3, 2014 , 10:39 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

LOS ANGELES, CA 90052 

October 2, 2014

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

Looks like I will get the box on Monday

Oh my gosh, my husband is dead meat!! We had a wedding yesterday and after I checked shipping (and thought the box would be here Monday) I let my hubby get the mail and just got ready.

I just told him I have a important package coming tomorrow and asked him to grab it on his lunch break...he replied "Package? I put one in your office yesterday." It's been here since yesterday!!!!!! WTF?!?!?! 

Supper excited to get it all unpacked...but I'm watching my girlfriends newborn until 10:30pm. Hopping she'll nap and I can check out all the lovelies. 

Oh my gosh, my husband is dead meat!! We had a wedding yesterday and after I checked shipping (and thought the box would be here Monday) I let my hubby get the mail and just got ready.

I just told him I have a important package coming tomorrow and asked him to grab it on his lunch break...he replied "Package? I put one in your office yesterday." It's been here since yesterday!!!!!! WTF?!?!?! 

Supper excited to get it all unpacked...but I'm watching my girlfriends newborn until 10:30pm. Hopping she'll nap and I can check out all the lovelies. 
Hahaha, my husband does stuff life that all the time. The one day, I had a package that was marked delivered when it hadn't been delivered so I was freaking out. I freaked out about it (in front of him no less) for a whole day before he "remembered" that he saw a package when he was outside that day so he decided to bring it to the back patio for no reason. It had been sitting on the back patio overnight! I was so mad!  :lol:

Hi ladies!

I have been offline all weekend so I am glad that the package made it to @@SaraP already! I am sorry the tracking was wonky too.

Aren't husbands funny? Mine is so used to me being crazy about sub boxes and swaps that he no longer even bothers to check the mail because he knows I will get it. Fine for the most part, except for weekends like this where I'm gone. Things that sit in a mailbox for multiple days in 100 + degree weather can get messy fast! I have to plan my lippie and chocolate orders accordingly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I spent last night loving up that baby and didn't get to the box, sorry. I'm just getting done with work and will pickup the kiddo's, do homework, dinner and then ship them off to bed early  :blush: (they really need the rest :blush:   :blush: ) and open all the goodies! I've had my items ready to go, so I should be able to pack up tonight and ship out tomorrow.

So I spent last night loving up that baby and didn't get to the box, sorry. I'm just getting done with work and will pickup the kiddo's, do homework, dinner and then ship them off to bed early  :blush: (they really need the rest :blush:   :blush: ) and open all the goodies! I've had my items ready to go, so I should be able to pack up tonight and ship out tomorrow.
You certainly don't have to rush! Take your time going through the box!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The box is on the move!! I'll post photos after dinner  :w00t:

*Also I couldn't fit it in a medium or large box, so I used a Flat Rate Game Box and it's 14+lbs!

Back