Circular swap round 3-box 1

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's that one! I got the mini set and don't typically use gold that much..so your gain!
Yay! I don't use gold much, but there is something about that one that makes me want it whenever I see it. Thanks!

I am just naturally attracted to gold polish and gold glitters don't know why but I am. I don't mean the really bright golds more like a champagne soft gold. I keep buying them and when I go to swatch I already have a ton of them! So I'm really glad you kept that one SleepyKat : )

I am just naturally attracted to gold polish and gold glitters don't know why but I am. I don't mean the really bright golds more like a champagne soft gold. I keep buying them and when I go to swatch I already have a ton of them! So I'm really glad you kept that one SleepyKat : )
That old gold makes me first think luxury, prestige, and a little tarnish like old money..lol, Lynda, maybe you just like finer things..wink wink. Nothing wrong with that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just checked my swatches and I have 15 variations of gold/gold glitter. Plus I just ordered a Jade Gold holographic polish!

I

I just checked my swatches and I have 15 variations of gold/gold glitter. Plus I just ordered a Jade Gold holographic polish!
' I'm that way with anything close to teal or aqua. I think you will definitely like some of the polish in the traveling box. One of them I bought and realized when I got home that I already had it. I've never had that happen before.

Oh good Lord...just got the box and it is outrageous!!! My hubby was convinced I got myself a Christmas present when I started pulling out the goodies. This is so much fun!!

Be careful; I had to stand on a chair to get everything in my photo. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's like we are our own home shopping network.

I finally was able to get everything out of the box so I could take photos.  I will be sending this out tomorrow.  Really, this is an excellent box ladies, you done good!!

What was in the box:

sorry this is not a great photo but it was hard to get everything in the picture
This is what I took

So excited to try the eyelashes...I've never worn false eyelashes before 
smile.gif

This is what I put in:

Lynda, I don't see the photo of what you took. Is it my computer, or is the photo missing?

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lynda, I don't see the photo of what you took. Is it my computer, or is the photo missing?
I dont' see it either!

aaack I know I posted it, not sure what happened.  I didn't keep the photo...deleted it right after I posted so I will have to try to gather everything up again to retake the pic.  I will post once I am able to do so, what a pain in the butt!  I know I checked the photos after I posted and all 3 were there!

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

aaack I know I posted it, not sure what happened.  I didn't keep the photo...deleted it right after I posted so I will have to try to gather everything up again to retake the pic.  I will post once I am able to do so, what a pain in the butt!  I know I checked the photos after I posted and all 3 were there!
DOn't worry too much. I was mostly just curious.
smile.gif

Exactly!  This website is supposed to be for fun.  So, if we loose a picture, who cares, as far as I'm concerned. 

I get the box next!  Woo hooooooooo!!!

Same

DOn't worry too much. I was mostly just curious. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Same here. Don't hassle over it. If you remember some of the products off the top of your head, maybe mention them on here, but nothing that's going to be like work. This is all in fun. It looks like you put in good stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey ladies, sorry it took me a while to post.  I really enjoyed this months box and sorry for the picture snafu.  Some of the things I took were:

• Sorceress eyelashes - my 1st set ever and I can't wait to try them...maybe New Years' Eve? 
  • Nail stamp kit - went back & forth about this one because I already have a Konad starter kit but I'm so glad I ended up taking it.  The stamper in this kit is much easier for me so the quality of my nail stamping has gone up dramatically.  So fun to play with!
  • Nail polish - of course!  I took several  bottles but interestingly enough I did not take that beautiful golden color because once I counted up how many gold polishes I had I knew I had to stop collecting them...15 bottles of gold nail polish is more than enough!
  • Fekkai Shampoo/Cond - took 3 different types.  Very happy to try all 3 because I've been wanting to check out the difference as I'm looking for an alternate shampoo for when I'm taking a break from Wen.  I've found that every month or so I need to use something other than Wen or my hair starts getting weighed down.  Whoo-hoo now I can take this off my swap wish list!!
  • Benefit Sun Beam - looks like a perfect color illuminator for me...better than the dark bronze Stila one I got in BB
  • Korres Wild Rose lotion - smells gooood!
  • Smashbox blusher - it has 5 colors on it...curious how that ends up looking on your face
  • NYX roll on eye shadow and Jumbo Eye pencil
  • A good handful of packets, mostly of sunscreen
  • Vanilla Frosting body butter - omg this smells so good I want to eat it!!  Really smells like frosting and it works really well too.
  • Black train case from Beautyfix
  • There were a few other things but I can't remember what they were right now...

I seriously considered taking the ELF Witch palette...its so cute...but realized it would just sit there and never get used.  My teenage boys were fascinated by it as well.  Hope it goes on to a good home, who will love it and use it : )  I tried to balance what I was taking out with what I put in but even so the box ended up being heavier than when I got it.  

Yay! I put the elf palette in, after realizing I'd never tried it lol. I kept picking it up and putting it back down, so definitely time to give it a new home. You know you've got hoarding issues when you buy entire palettes/products and all they do is sit pretty and collect dust lol. Hope you like the lashes! I got several and won't use them all in a reasonable time, plus I love sharing goodies with you lovelies!

I can't tell you how good it felt to take all the stuff that I had sitting around waiting to trade and put it in that box!!  Awesome!  Although I realize that I have so much makeup that I have never used either...I think I need to do a good purge of that stuff too.

Thanks for sharing, LyndaV. Sounds like fun! I'm so glad you liked the train case. I knew I wasn't going to use it, but it was rather bulky to ship in a regular-size trade.

I was tempted by the ELF palette, too, but I think it was because the packaging was so cute. Silly me, I'm better at using my Wet n Wild palettes than all my others. I think it's because they are so portable, and if it cracks from knocking about in my purse (hasn't happened yet), it's not a big investment. I had gotten better about not buying more eyeshadow...but then I saw those palettes by Sedona Lace and Kat von D. Does it count, since it was a giant trade?
icon_redface.gif

I'm glad you liked the Fekkai packets, too, Lynda. I believe a few of us had those to put in. I love shampoo samples, but I'm a klutz with the packets, so I try to use just bottles.

I can't wait to see what the next recipient goes for!

Back