Defined Brows - Yay or Nay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I`m obsessed with my brows! And I dont like them to look thin, but rather full and defined. In a natural way
icon_wink.gif

I have to say I'm a big fan of thick, well defined brows. I actaully like the look of Kelly, LaLa and Kim's brows. I pencil them as well as fill them in with a brow powder. I like Kim's brows before, they still looked natural. 

Also Megan's brows I love. That arch kills. 

Originally Posted by KaytieBaybie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to say I'm a big fan of thick, well defined brows. I actaully like the look of Kelly, LaLa and Kim's brows. I pencil them as well as fill them in with a brow powder. I like Kim's brows before, they still looked natural. 

Also Megan's brows I love. That arch kills. 

I love Megan Fox's brows and face LOL

I dont really like full thick brows (had em my whole life).  Now that I'm getting older, I sway more to the thin brow 
wink.gif

I almost always have to define my brows... I butchered them when I was younger, plucked way too much and now it doesn't grow back the way I want it to! I've also been through that "sharpie" stage, never again though LOL... but now a days I'll line them with either a medium or dark brown penicl, then shade in some darker brown to make them look more natural. I have dark skin tone therefore I use the darker colors... I don't really like them too thick, but also don't like them too thin... LOVE megan's eye brows I wish mine could be natural like that! But I am willing to be she fills them in in some spots to make them more fuller...

I think all three have nice eyebrows, I much prefer them than thin ones. It frames people's faces much more nicely when it's defined. I started doing them on myself for over a year and it really made a difference on my overall appearance - years ago they were much thinner. I just follow my natural brow shape and fill them in with a shade color a little bit lighter than mines, nothing fancy - although some days I accidentally get heavy handed and it goes on much more harsh than I'd like. I don't really like when it looks harsh on folks and all you see are eyebrows lol.

Here's mine from the past week, flash makes the color appear more lighter but IRL it blends better: -

Originally Posted by sammiebz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I butchered them when I was younger, plucked way too much and now it doesn't grow back the way I want it to!

mine are the exact same way it's so depressing lol  If you say a close up pic of my browns you'd probably gasp in horror haha

Since my eyebrows are naturally.. big.. thick.. bushy.. and black.. I prefer thinner ones.  I don't think the ones in the picture look very bad.. each person has their own way.  I see a lot.. and I mean.. a LOT of girls at work.. of ALL AGES.. 18-60 something w/tattoo'd eyebrows.  This one girl I know, she just shaves hers every night and uses a sharpie.  I like to change to much.. I couldn't and wouldnt want to commit to something like that.

I love the liz taylor brows... those are about what I have... mine normally are as thick as that picture of Brooke Shields... and meet in the middle if I don't groom them.

Omg LOVE! and yes she is gorg!

Originally Posted by ox0xbarbiex0xo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loooove well defined brows - Arabic style!

^^This woman is absolutely stunning, btw! 

growing up as a young italian girl...body hair was always an issue! i had extra sensitve skin and so could not thread or wax without reaction...i have been an avid plucker since age 12! i still have my very first set of tweezerman tweezers from way back then, and i still use them.

to me brows are the most fun part of the face. i have toyed with different brow looks for myself and depending on makeup looks i do...and i just to say as long as a brow is clean i love it! even thicker brows can be beautiful as long as it's cohesive and clean in my opinion.

i personally toy with dark blonde, red, red/brown, and black brows on myself all the time.

Yeah I get a little irate when my eyebrow pencil goes missing or runs out. I have naturally arched eyebrows. but the ends, though extend long on their own, are thinner. So I try to fill in between the hairs. I do not line my whole brow, just complete what I have naturally

I think some people look absolutely amazing with defined brows, it really frame their face. on the other hand I look like the devil woman with defined brows since my brows are already pretty big and pigmented!

Unfortunately the outer third of my eyebrow is very sparse, I mean like 5-6 hairs from my natural arch to where the tip of the tail would be, and said hairs have an unnatural growth pattern. They are impossible to work with, and trimming them down only makes it look like I have brow stubble, so I finally made the decision to wax most of them off and pencil them on and I'm very happy with them. I really do prefer a natural brow, I try to make mine look as un-dragqueeny as possible.

Originally Posted by xina751 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

growing up as a young italian girl...body hair was always an issue! i had extra sensitve skin and so could not thread or wax without reaction...i have been an avid plucker since age 12! i still have my very first set of tweezerman tweezers from way back then, and i still use them.

to me brows are the most fun part of the face. i have toyed with different brow looks for myself and depending on makeup looks i do...and i just to say as long as a brow is clean i love it! even thicker brows can be beautiful as long as it's cohesive and clean in my opinion.

i personally toy with dark blonde, red, red/brown, and black brows on myself all the time.

I can understand that even though I'm not Italian.. half mexican though.. and.. they are seriously.. scary thick.. I'm going to find a pic..

Back