Defined Brows - Yay or Nay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Its Only Nicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since my eyebrows are naturally.. big.. thick.. bushy.. and black.. I prefer thinner ones.  I don't think the ones in the picture look very bad.. each person has their own way.  I see a lot.. and I mean.. a LOT of girls at work.. of ALL AGES.. 18-60 something w/tattoo'd eyebrows.  This one girl I know, she just shaves hers every night and uses a sharpie.  I like to change to much.. I couldn't and wouldnt want to commit to something like that.

For serious? Like with a real legitimate Sharpie? I've never heard of that. Doesn't that increase ones risk of ink poisoning?

Tattooed makeup in general just scares me, I like to change up my makeup.

I personally have toyed with the idea of have my eyebrows filled in by tattoo. Im not talking waxing them off and tatooing them on. I just want to have a dark under layer that does what i do with a pencil. Nothing thick or dramatic, or adding a shape that isnt already there. But just something really natural looking that will save me a good 5-10 mins everyday.

i keep thinking about it, but i dont trust people with my face
madno.gif
. I would be ok with permanent brows, I don't change mine, they are what they are. And if i wanted to be more dramatic i'd still be able to bust out the old pencil and add to what was there.

Idk.... we'll see

Originally Posted by KaytieBaybie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For serious? Like with a real legitimate Sharpie? I've never heard of that. Doesn't that increase ones risk of ink poisoning?

Tattooed makeup in general just scares me, I like to change up my makeup.

Yes seriously.. and Idk about the ink poisoning.. but every night after work.. she washes her face off.. and talk about looking different.  I saw her at the store one time and she got mad at me because I didn't say hi.  I totally didnt recognize her.  But anyways, she washes her face off and applies her sharpie before she goes to sleep.. and then used her eyebrow pencil in the morning.

Megan Fox's brows are pretty incredible... I might have to start training my brows in that direction because that is just... gorgeous.

Quick, who sells Megan Fox brow stencils?!!
icon_exclaim.gif
w00t.gif

I think the look depends on the face some people look great with a thicker brow while others need to keep em on the thinner side. But either way a nice, well-defined brow that still looks natural will always give you a very polished look. I have thin brows and use Blinc Brow Mousse to fill them in a bit and it lasts all day.

As a Mexican. my brows were bushy, thick and dark. Now they are just dark lol. One day a good friend of mine decided she had had it with them and decided to pluck away... this was during my first year in junior high. Since then I have plucked, waxed and threaded my eyebrows. I have to admit that I am TERRIBLE at it. I spend soooooooooo much time everyday shaping and lining them ugh ... Any who, below is a picture of my perfectly shaped eyebrows by a magnificent MUA two years ago.

And BTW, I agree with ox0xbarbiex0xo Arabic women have some amazing eyebrows and so do Indian woman. I'll add below a pic of Aishwarya Rai. Her eyebrows are not too thick not too thin, just purfect!

C'est moi

And Aishwarya

Personally I like the fillled in eyebrows. They make the face stand out and look cleaner or groomed. I hate to see someone with beautiful make-up on & their brows are not filled in. Its like a missing step. Kim, Kelly, & Lala's eyebrows are okay to me, i PREFER mines a little more thinner. Everyone's face size is different, so what works on them, may not work on me.

I have to say, I'm quite the fan of defined brows. And I just love looking at brows and the like.

Mine are quite thick, dark, and grow back often, and I have a hard time finding what to do with them. Right now it's just tweezing, and brow gel. 

Anytime I try powder or a light hand with a pencil, I end up looking like a caveman so. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

I have naturally thick brows. If they are kept tweezed and neat with no outlier hairs, defined brows look expressive and bold in the good way.

In a way, I think they make a person look confident.

I'm definitely anti-high arch eyebrow.... yuck.

But i like low arch like this:

I am obsessed with natural eyebrows... i have a separate blog just for that. mostly. lol

some examples:

i think it depends on the person, but I am not a big fan of Kandee Johnson's eyebrows.. I don't like brows that are overly arched and defined... 

iagree.gif

Originally Posted by CharmedImSure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think it depends on the person, but I am not a big fan of Kandee Johnson's eyebrows.. I don't like brows that are overly arched and defined... 

To me, it totally depends on the person and what looks good on them, and what their style is. I HAVE MONSTER EYEBROWS! They're super thick and I only thin them slightly. Though a lot of people think they look like complete shit, a lot of other people (including myself) think that they compliment my other features. Unless pointed out, I never notice anyone else's eyebrows. In fact, I never really notice anyone's faults...but that's just me. Whatever you think looks good, looks good to me!

Defined for sure!  I love a beautifully shaped brow.  I have mine done b/c I can't make mine look as good on my own.  The brows frame your face and are such an important part of your "look".  Eye brows are so important.  I hear horror stories all the time from gals that went pluck wild! LOL I absolutely cannot stand when gals shave off their brows completely and then draw them on with a marker, somtimes it's actually marker!  Other times, it just looks like a marker, but isn't.  My brows are sparse and very light, so if I don't color them in, it looks as though I don't have any, so I have to color mine it, but they don't look drawn on!  I have many different brow kits and brow pencils.   So depending on how I'm feeling that day, or what look I'm going for, depends on which method of filling in my brows.  They are just so important to complete your look!

I luv defined brows, but I dislike the brows that are so harsh and too heavily defined. To me they make you look drag queen-ish. I luv a softer defined brow, but not on the thin side. 

Back