Defined Brows - Yay or Nay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the natural, slightly arched look. I personally never get my eyebrows professionally done. I always end up looking crazy. I just do some light maintenance at home, and I'm good to go.

So like at the start of this thread.. I decided to try to grow my brows out a bit.. They are still a work in progress.. its taking forever because I keep plucking them to make them look less beastly and trimming them.. they still aren't nearly as big and bushy as they naturally are.. but kinda.. halfwayish.. more towards the bridge of my nose.. I keep plucking closer to the end.. even though I try not to... Since I stopped plucking the top part of my brow... my natural arch is coming back..

Those are all too thick and dark for my liking. I feel that brows look best just a little lighter in color than one's hair unless your hair is a light color, then they should be slightly darker, i.e. taupe eyebrows on a blond. Blond hair with dark brown eyebrows doesn't look right to me.

The brows in your examples all need thinning and they are too close together, need  to be thinned between them. I go by the classic shaping eyebrow rule explained here.

But that's just my taste, we all march to our own drum.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I cannot decide the best shape for my eyebrows and will probably continue to experiment until I can find the right shape and form. . . I look for input from my friends to help me decide. . . . 

Marilyn in Dallas, Texas

I only keep mine cleaned up, but a friend of mine has thin brows. She fills them in with an eyebrow pencil, and they look great. I think overdone brows look angry lol. I don't want people to really notice me for my eyebrows. I highlight other parts of my face with makeup, but thats just my oppinion.

I haven't waxed my eyebrows in a while (I do it myself at home).  I've just been super lazy.  But I find that when I don't have them nicely shaped, I just can't seem to fill them in and make them look nice.  I end up a little on the Groucho Marx side of fashion.  :p

Just for fun, here's a pic of my unwaxed brow and my waxed/filled in brow.  I did a post about it on my blog a while back.

Originally Posted by ox0xbarbiex0xo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't waxed my eyebrows in a while (I do it myself at home).  I've just been super lazy.  But I find that when I don't have them nicely shaped, I just can't seem to fill them in and make them look nice.  I end up a little on the Groucho Marx side of fashion.  :p

Just for fun, here's a pic of my unwaxed brow and my waxed/filled in brow.  I did a post about it on my blog a while back.

Those aren't too thin. I think they look good.

Originally Posted by Carol D. /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those are all too thick and dark for my liking. I feel that brows look best just a little lighter in color than one's hair unless your hair is a light color, then they should be slightly darker, i.e. taupe eyebrows on a blond. Blond hair with dark brown eyebrows doesn't look right to me.

The brows in your examples all need thinning and they are too close together, need  to be thinned between them. I go by the classic shaping eyebrow rule explained here.

But that's just my taste, we all march to our own drum.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think slightly lighter looks good but everyone is different.  Lightening your brows first and then defining them to your perfect shade could suit some but could easly turn into a disaster if the bleach was left ono long!

I think lightening your eyebrows can work for some. I'm a little bit obsessed with brows at the moment and find them the hardest to get right.

I like a slightly thicker more defined brow. Apparently the ultra thin brows are not as trendy right now. I love the way it frames your face and give you a more polished, wearable look.

Back