(Discussion) Bondi New York subscription refund/issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short version:  Bondi was supposed to be in a Dallas Shaw-curated Glossybox.  Shortly before the boxes were supposed to go out, something happened, and Bondi was out of the box, and they sent out Spa Ritual instead.  Richard claimed it was all Dallas Shaw's people's fault (Dallas Shaw, her people, and Glossybox stayed pretty much mum on the matter, which bothered me at the time, but in retrospect, I now realize that it was probably the best move possible on their parts).  Then Glossybox subscribers flocked to Bondi and ordered nail polish because THOSE NASTY LAWYERS ARE KEEPING US FROM PRETTY PRETTY NAIL POLISH!  WE'LL SHOW THEM!, and then Richard decided to start up a subscription.  And then we ended up here.  I think it took about nine months to go from the Glossybox fiasco to the meltdown that led to this thread.

ETA:  The "something" supposedly had something to do with Bondi wanting to sell polish with Dallas Shaw's signature in stores after the boxes were sent out, and her lawyers supposedly wouldn't sign off on that.  The thing is that this story was all coming from Richard, and considering how things ended up happening, I doubt the veracity of any part of this story other than maybe the fact that lawyers were involved.
yikes!!!!  so much drama with these boxes!

yikes!!!!  so much drama with these boxes!
You have no idea.  That's not even *touching* the part where Richard joined MUT, befriended many of us, and even became a sponsor during a period where it looked like he might be legit.  To this day, I maintain he was working a long con from the very beginning.

He didn't befriend anybody.  He made suckers out of a dozen or so women who trusted him and took him at his word.  The rest, he tried and in many cases succeeded in robbing.

It was totally a long con and he'll do it again and again until he's finally arrested...which one can only hope he will be eventually.

And that, my friends, is why I really appreciate the cynical and jaded side of myself.  I saw it coming and was one of the first people to get my money back.  The minute he started attacking his "customers" and his never-ending drama in trying to make himself look like a victim is the minute I knew it wouldn't end well.  Business people do not do that.  Not if they want to stay in business anyway.

Short version:  Bondi was supposed to be in a Dallas Shaw-curated Glossybox.  Shortly before the boxes were supposed to go out, something happened, and Bondi was out of the box, and they sent out Spa Ritual instead.  Richard claimed it was all Dallas Shaw's people's fault (Dallas Shaw, her people, and Glossybox stayed pretty much mum on the matter, which bothered me at the time, but in retrospect, I now realize that it was probably the best move possible on their parts).  Then Glossybox subscribers flocked to Bondi and ordered nail polish because THOSE NASTY LAWYERS ARE KEEPING US FROM PRETTY PRETTY NAIL POLISH!  WE'LL SHOW THEM!, and then Richard decided to start up a subscription.  And then we ended up here.  I think it took about nine months to go from the Glossybox fiasco to the meltdown that led to this thread.

ETA:  The "something" supposedly had something to do with Bondi wanting to sell polish with Dallas Shaw's signature in stores after the boxes were sent out, and her lawyers supposedly wouldn't sign off on that.  The thing is that this story was all coming from Richard, and considering how things ended up happening, I doubt the veracity of any part of this story other than maybe the fact that lawyers were involved.
I spoke with people involved in the whole Glossybox mess, and the only issue that kept Bondi out of Glossybox was that Richard couldn't produce the polishes.  She wanted new colors, not the already existing spring 2013 line, and he couldn't get the money together to have them produced.  It had nothing to do with Dallas Shaw or her lawyers.  

I spoke with people involved in the whole Glossybox mess, and the only issue that kept Bondi out of Glossybox was that Richard couldn't produce the polishes.  She wanted new colors, not the already existing spring 2013 line, and he couldn't get the money together to have them produced.  It had nothing to do with Dallas Shaw or her lawyers.  
Oh, wow, I think this is the first time *that* little tidbit was mentioned on here!  I am utterly unsurprised.  It actually makes more sense than any of the other excuses given put together.

Oh, wow, I think this is the first time *that* little tidbit was mentioned on here!  I am utterly unsurprised.  It actually makes more sense than any of the other excuses given put together.
Let's just say that during his running of however many businesses, and scamming people, and trashing people's reputation to try to cover his ass, Richard has pissed off numerous people, and some of them are all too willing to talk.  

Let's just say that during his running of however many businesses, and scamming people, and trashing people's reputation to try to cover his ass, Richard has pissed off numerous people, and some of them are all too willing to talk.  
I totally believe that.  I'm just surprised it's taken this long for it to hit this board.  And not surprised in a snarky way.  Just surprised that we've stopped paying attention to it as a group.  No one has even noticed that the Bondi website is completely gone.  (And also, when I said that the only part I believed was that lawyers were involved, I meant Glossybox's lawyers severing ties with Bondi.  I think I posted that on an Ambien night and forgot a few things!)

I received an email yesterday asking me to take down any information I posted about Richard bouncing a check to the Starfish Greathearts Foundation because he was an "employee" of Eazyrecruit, and the company is who bounced the check.  Which is funny, because Richard was the sole owner of Eazyrecruit, so it was still him, just under his business name, that bounced the check.  I also think it's odd that they must have just received a request from him, which is why they reached out to me.  He's still trying to "clear" his name.  He fails to realize that we all still know it was him.  

It also doesn't clear up the people suing him personally for outstanding debts here in the US, which is public record.  How is he going to stop people from knowing about those?

He didn't befriend anybody.  He made suckers out of a dozen or so women who trusted him and took him at his word.  The rest, he tried and in many cases succeeded in robbing.

It was totally a long con and he'll do it again and again until he's finally arrested...which one can only hope he will be eventually.

And that, my friends, is why I really appreciate the cynical and jaded side of myself.  I saw it coming and was one of the first people to get my money back.  The minute he started attacking his "customers" and his never-ending drama in trying to make himself look like a victim is the minute I knew it wouldn't end well.  Business people do not do that.  Not if they want to stay in business anyway.
I realize I'm kind of late to this party but just had to reply to you and totally agree.  I was fine with Bondi until I had an issue with two of my bottles- the caps came apart from the brushes and I had to superglue them back together.  I emailed Bondi's customer service about it, and Richard replied with a bit of a snarky answer (imho, especially the last line):

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry to hear that the caps have come away from the applicator brush. Did you try to remove the square cap from the applicator brush?

If so, the caps are not really designed to be removed, however I know that many of our customers would like this feature, similar to Butter London and Chanel etc.

I will arrange for a replacement I'm Vers and Fuschia-istic to be shipped out to you tomorrow. Let me know if you would like us to pre-loosen the caps so that they come off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It's not a huge thing but it didn't sit right with me... which is why I ultimately didn't order the subscription boxes.  Thank goodness!

That's crazy that the website is totally down.  After buying those filling machines!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I came across Richard's new company, Staffing 212, on Glassdoor and when I saw one of the reviews start with "CEO is a true mentor passing on his knowledge and experience in the recruiting industry" I realized he probably wrote it.  The CEO is listed as "Richard Eib" so I guess he's trying to dodge people looking him up.

So I got to thinking that he's probably that elsewhere too and sure enough, his Twitter account is that too.     https://twitter.com/richardeib

Can you imagine trusting your career to this man?

That's crazy that the website is totally down.  After buying those filling machines!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I came across Richard's new company, Staffing 212, on Glassdoor and when I saw one of the reviews start with "CEO is a true mentor passing on his knowledge and experience in the recruiting industry" I realized he probably wrote it.  The CEO is listed as "Richard Eib" so I guess he's trying to dodge people looking him up.

So I got to thinking that he's probably that elsewhere too and sure enough, his Twitter account is that too.     https://twitter.com/richardeib

Can you imagine trusting your career to this man?
Thanks for letting us know.

Back