Do you work out when your on your period?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are wanting to START working out, do so right after your period ends... By the time it comes around again, your body will be more used to working out and it will be easier to work out.

I won't usually work out for the first day or two of my period bc I usually get pretty intense cramps that is a condition called Dysmenorrhea. If I do something as strenuous as working out, I will be in total agony...

i get cramps REALLY bad on my first day but, i have read that working out helps relieve cramps so i always try to do SOME type of physical activity ( minus sex of course haha ) to help things along.

what i've found really helpful with my cramps, i've read.. that you should take your medication for cramps BEFORE the cramps start and this is when it will be most effective.. u might not even feel cramps kick in. that's what i've been doing for a little while now and it's greatttt.. as soon as you notice your period has started start taking those pills! than you can get to your workout without doubling over :icon_chee

i took these too before. but when i was one second too late, due to my cramps i would puke and the pill too ofcourse :icon_eek:

but when i was on time taking that pill everything was fine, and i didnt get cramps on the first day. had to take the pill every 4 hrs for 1 day though.

I usually do still go to the gym, unless the cramps are really bad on the first day or two, in which case I just stay home and feel sorry for myself! :icon_smil

yeah i know exactly what you mean. my cramps would make me sooo nauseous i would puke too. i always thought it was the pill that made me nauseous but, now i take them immediately and i'm fine. i'm not sure what kind of effects the pill has on you if you're not necessarily on your period but sometimes i'll take them before i even notice that my period is on.. if i just '' know '' it's coming.. hopefully that's not a bad thing. good luck hun! ( btw, my doctor told me that there is a very big percentage of women that use doctors notes every month.. no work, no school, no nothing for that first day or couple of days so you're definately not the only one )

i never exercise, but no way could i do it on my period!! id probably do 1 sit up, fall back and go sleep.

I know doc's say it relieves cramps but for me I must stay home the first day or first two days. Between my lower back aches/arthritis, my cramps, etc. I'd pass out in the gym anyhow. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I always work out when i'm on my period, with tampons though....it really helps with the cramps

yeah, it actually helps me alot. I get pretty awful cramps and working out nixes them atleast for a little while

i always feel so guilty but it's hard for me to even get out of bed the first couple of days. i hate missing a day at the gym bc it seems to throw off everything.

Oddly enough, I don't think I've ever had a cramp, and I don't have any side effects with my period. I go to the gym as usual, but only bc I do stuff like elliptical and treadmill. If I were doing any kind of yoga stuff or activities with more of a range of movement, I probably would stay home.

dito^^

i work out four days out of the week and if my period falls on those days i countinue so i dont mess up my routine..

When I work out, which is hardly ever. I work out anyways, I just wear 2 pads to cover everything. not on top each other but front to back. I'm wanting to start walking soon. I'm currently 5 days late so as soon as I get out walking I know it's gonna happen.

i have and i do. it doesn't bother me much and with those tight working out pants on, i don't even notice.

i dont work out when i have my period ..

but thx for the info ladies..i'll try to workout when i have my period ...it myight work with me hehhe

Back