Do you work out when your on your period?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was working out, I would always work out when I had my period. It doesn't make a difference to me....just get up and do it.

everyone has to go with what their body feels and all...although exercising usually will relieve some of the cramping..but I know exactly how you feel about the "emberrasing moments". its everyones own thing.

I jog everyday and I'm a kind of person who gets frustrated easily but keeps it in, so jogging is the only thing that kinda lets me relax. I get really irritated when I can't jog when I get my period. I tried it once, and my cramps was about to kill me. So now, I usually just work out on my last couple of days when it's lighter.

Well, that depends. If I'm in pain and have very bad crams, I don't work out. But, most of the time I'm moody and just don't want to do it. Those are the times I push myself, and remember how great I always feel afterwards!

I don't I tend to feel less motivated but if I do I'll some yoga at home or an exercise video, at the very least I just dance.

Nah. As much as I should, I'm wayy too lazy.

I have a really fit friend though who works out all time and she barely even gets a period at all. Sometimes she even skips months. 

Kind of makes me wanna be not so lazy.

I usually do. I suffer from migraines so when I stop the pill for that week, it will cause horrible migraines. So if I'm lucky to get by and not get a horrible migraine I will!

I'm one of those witches chicks loooove to hate- why? No cramps, no cravings, nothing really happens other than y'know, the inevitable lol. (I'm sorry for the girls out there who do suffer- my sister is one who has it very rough, and it sounds awful  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  )So yeah, I do workout on it. No reason not to [for me]- plus, I use my workouts for my physical and mental health, so even if I had period-issues, I think I'd still push through, if only for the stress relief/mind distraction. Lord knows I need it.  :hehe:

I did when I had my period, it helped my 24/7 cramps to ease up a bit, and helped me feel less "sluggish". That being said, aside from attempting to get pregnant, I haven't had my period for a l-o-n-g time due to health issues and thanks to medicine. I've basically been period free from age 18-present (age 30).

I don't, but I have horrifying hell periods due to uterine fibroids. I do try to make up for it at other times (going when I'm tired, whatnot).

Back