Drugstore Gems!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an excellent list! I have always wanted to try the color tattoos but I very rarely wear eyeshadow. If you were to pick your favorite color, which would it be? Have you tried the new ones from the bleached neons collection? One of them is sort of duo chrome and it looks amazing, it might be my first color tattoo if I can ever find it anywhere.
If I had to pick just one Color Tattoo it would be Bad to the Bronze or Barely Branded! They are all gorgeous! 

So, I DID end up making a Walgreens run today. Add the Maybelline Color Elixirs to my 'loves' list. So pretty and pigmented! And NOT sticky, thank goodness. 

I love that this thread exists now! Most of my faves (Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation, Maybelline Color Elixirs & Color Tattoos, Revlon Matte Balms/Balm Stains) have already been mentioned, but just to give a shoutout to a few more:

-Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer

-Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon eyeshadows (trios and 8 pan palettes)

-Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon blushes

-NYX Extra Creamy Lipsticks

-Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara

-Jordana Fabuliner liquid eyeliner pen

...I restrained myself to just things actually available in CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid, if I started talking drugstore prices elsewhere or foreign drugstores, we'd be here all day!

So, I DID end up making a Walgreens run today. Add the Maybelline Color Elixirs to my 'loves' list. So pretty and pigmented! And NOT sticky, thank goodness.
I love these too! I haven't actually found a color I adore yet (there's a carnation one I think (?) that I want to try) but the formula is just so nice and the applicator thingy is so soft!!

I love these too! I haven't actually found a color I adore yet (there's a carnation one I think (?) that I want to try) but the formula is just so nice and the applicator thingy is so soft!!
Captivating Carnation is my favorite! I wish I could buy them all! 

L'Oreal Colorburst balms

Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Maybelline Expert Eyes blond eyebrow pencil

ELF HD finishing powder

Most recent: Maybelline Baby Skin pore filler

All time:

Hard Candy Glamoflauge for spots - all time HG. I haven't found anything better!

Maybelline Color Tattoos (Inked in Pink, Bad to the Bronze, LE Nude Compliment) 

Maybelline Age Rewind concealer

Essence I<3Stage eye primer

Maybelline Define-a-Brow in Dark Blonde

SpaResource blush brush from Wally World

Maybelline F&S mascara

Essence Angled Liner brush

RealTechniques Brush

Most recent: Maybelline Baby Skin pore filler

All time:

Hard Candy Glamoflauge for spots - all time HG. I haven't found anything better!

Maybelline Color Tattoos (Inked in Pink, Bad to the Bronze, LE Nude Compliment) 

Maybelline Age Rewind concealer

Essence I<3Stage eye primer

Maybelline Define-a-Brow in Dark Blonde

SpaResource blush brush from Wally World

Maybelline F&S mascara

Essence Angled Liner brush

RealTechniques Brush
I have heard so many great things about Hard Candy Glamoflauge, do you use it as an undereye concealer as well? I really love Benefit FakeUp concealer but I need something less expensive.

L'Oreal Colorburst balms

Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Maybelline Expert Eyes blond eyebrow pencil

ELF HD finishing powder
I will have to give that eyebrow pencil a try, no matter how high end the brand, I have not found an eyebrow product that looks natural on my ashy blonde eyebrows.

I will have to give that eyebrow pencil a try, no matter how high end the brand, I have not found an eyebrow product that looks natural on my ashy blonde eyebrows.
I've never found a high end that matches!  I am also ashy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It is a bit darker than my natural brows, but the whole reason I need a pencil is because half my brows are white blonde (with some actual WHITE hairs :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Oh man, I forgot my absolute favourite! Maybelline colour pearls marbleized eyeshadow. Best baked shadow I've tried! They go on like a dream when damp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!

this is a great topic, I wrote down many interesting products! too bad we don't have many good popular brands like wet n wild and nyx in europe  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

as for my drugstore favorites, this is my list:

revlon colorstay foundation - great coverage, very longlasting

rimmel apocalips - I love the coverage and the shade stellar is just beautiful

collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer - really a good one for a budget concealer!

essence lip liner - it's so cheap and yet it's pretty good, buttery texture, I love wearing it instead of a lipstick/lipgloss

yves rocher pink pencil - perfect for highlighting the under brow area or correcting lip shape

Last edited by a moderator:
What about favorite drugstore nail polishes? I looooove Sally Hansens brush shape.
Me too! Sally Hansen Instadri is my favourite because of how thick it goes on. I never have to use a base or top coat with it. Rimmel 60 seconds is my runner up. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sure this has been said but there are so many amazing drugstore mascaras right now. Maybelline Full n' Soft, Maybelline Illegal Length and Loreal Voluminous Butterfly are the best mascaras I've ever used. When I was 16 and got my first job I thought I was hot stuff because I would buy Diorshow. On vacation I forgot my makeup at home and had to use my mom's Maybelline Full n' Soft (I know...germs) and was amazed at how much better it was. Plus my Diorshow always dried out after like a month. 

The Wet 'n' Wild Take On The Day mattifying powder is my drugstore holy grail, and one of the few drugstore products I've ever repurchased. IMO it is similar but not a dupe for NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder, but I actually like the WnW one better. I don't know, there is just something so soft about the powder and you don't have to really break into it, unlike the NARS. It is really does make my face matte, while at the same time giving it dimension, like, I am always amazed. I love putting it on so much that I usually end up having to dust the extra off, whoops, and I hit pan really fast. Luckily it only runs about $5 where I live so I can always stock up.

I gather that not many people enjoy this product, or so it seems, because no one I've talked to has ever given it a second look. I think they're missing out!

Ahh, I love this topic! There is no Sephora or Ulta near me, so the vast majority of my "in person" shopping is drugstore, and I like hearing about others' faves!

I neeeeed to try the Butter Glosses and Lipsticks! Nyx isn't sold near me and I never think to add it to any of my orders. On my "to do" list.

My favorite drugstore items are:

Maybelline Baby Lips - I like the packaging, and the sheer tint makes them handy for me to keep with me. I wear them alone when I don't want to have to worry about touchups at work, and I also like them to add a bit of tint and moisture over lip stains and other sticks.  I also like that they're CHEAP - less than $4 here.

Revlon Lip Butters and Maybelline Color Whispers - For when I want a bit more color than the balms give, but don't want to mess with a full-on lipstick.

Revlon Colorburst Balm Stains/Matte and Lacquer - I love these, so pigmented and long lasting. I love the crayon shape and I reach for them far more often than lipsticks, when I want lots of color. 

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation - I really like this foundation. While I don't love the way it feels to the touch, when worn, it makes my skin look smooth and velvety. Mousse is my foundation format of choice, I've found. 

Maybelline Color Tattoos - I love these as bases.

L'Oreal Infallible Gel Liners - These are soft and smooth and don't dry out as quickly as my other gel liners tend to.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Micro liner - I love the tiny brush, I don't screw up my wings with it.

Physician's Formula highlighters - Their powder face products are the only thing I really like, but they are nice and pretty.

L'Oreal True Match Mineral Blush - They are pretty and I like the blush as part of the packaging thing.

Back