Drugstore Gems!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, I love this topic! There is no Sephora or Ulta near me, so the vast majority of my "in person" shopping is drugstore, and I like hearing about others' faves!

I neeeeed to try the Butter Glosses and Lipsticks! Nyx isn't sold near me and I never think to add it to any of my orders. On my "to do" list.

My favorite drugstore items are:

Maybelline Baby Lips - I like the packaging, and the sheer tint makes them handy for me to keep with me. I wear them alone when I don't want to have to worry about touchups at work, and I also like them to add a bit of tint and moisture over lip stains and other sticks.  I also like that they're CHEAP - less than $4 here.

Revlon Lip Butters and Maybelline Color Whispers - For when I want a bit more color than the balms give, but don't want to mess with a full-on lipstick.

Revlon Colorburst Balm Stains/Matte and Lacquer - I love these, so pigmented and long lasting. I love the crayon shape and I reach for them far more often than lipsticks, when I want lots of color. 

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation - I really like this foundation. While I don't love the way it feels to the touch, when worn, it makes my skin look smooth and velvety. Mousse is my foundation format of choice, I've found. 

Maybelline Color Tattoos - I love these as bases.

L'Oreal Infallible Gel Liners - These are soft and smooth and don't dry out as quickly as my other gel liners tend to.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Micro liner - I love the tiny brush, I don't screw up my wings with it.

Physician's Formula highlighters - Their powder face products are the only thing I really like, but they are nice and pretty.

L'Oreal True Match Mineral Blush - They are pretty and I like the blush as part of the packaging thing.
the rimmel micro liner - it doesnt last on me! If Im wearing winged eyeliner and I touch my eyes, it will be all over my face! I do like the tiny brush though.

Thanks for starting this thread!  Lots of great suggestions here.

I'm looking for a good under eye concealer, any suggestions?  I think I'm using Neutrogena now. I'll have to check when I get  home, but I usually use a white concealer in addition.  I've used the one by Cover Girl, but last time I went to Target they didn't have it, or any white concealer for that matter.  That was the only thing that seemed to hide my dark circles.  Anyone know if it's been discontinued, or maybe a good alternative, and where to buy it?  Thanks.
Two good ones to try are the Maybelline dream lumi touch highlighting concealer in Radiant. It has a salmon undertone that really help cancel out any blue or purple under the eyes. Another good one is the Maybelline instant age rewind eraser dark circle corrector (man these have long names lol) in either the shade Brightener (salmon undertone) or Light. Both are really great!

Nice thread!! My favorites:

Lorèal Telescopic Mascara (black one) - Make my lashes as long as I want. Don't clump and holds a curl throughout the day! Used this for almost 10 years lol. 

Maybelline The Falsies - If I want volume and some length, this is the one I use. 

Maybelline Color Tattoo -" Inked in pink, barely branded and bad to the bronze". Lovely all over the lids or works very well as a base for other shadows. Wear these almost every day. 

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer - Best under eye concealer, ever! Use it for highlighting mostly.

Wet n Wild brow kit in ash brown (i believe) - Has a medium brown and more of a dark brown shade plus a wax, paired with a tweezer. It has everything I need to fix my brows. Love this set and use it so often. 

Wet n Wild Bronzer Megamix bronzer - has 3 matte shades and a shimmery shade in the middle. I use this every day. i never use the shimmery shade however, as I like my bronzer matte. It goes so well with my fair skintone, and don't look at all orange. Best of all is the chocolate smell  :wub:   :wub:  

Rimmel eyeliner in nude - perfect on the waterline and lasts soo long. Looks so natural.

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick - I can pile it on or have it barely there and it always makes my skin look so much better and never cakes up on me or looks orange.

Rimmel Scandal eyes Eyeliner Pens and Pencils - Soo very black and easy to apply. I use the pencil when I want something softer but extremely black, and the pen for sharp thin lines or don't feel like sharpening.

Rimmel Color Burst Color Balm Sticks, Show Off Lip Laquers, Stay Glossy (original and 3D), Kate Moss Lipstick - Can't remember all the proper names but they are all awesome. And I think they're all $5 or less if I remember correctly so that's great.

Maybelline Mascaras (Falsies, Colossal Cat Eyes, Mega Plush)

Fergie Wet N Wild Lipsticks

I could go on for daays but I'll stop here.

ELF Studio cream eyeliner and HD blush.  Both last all day on my extremely oily skin.

The drugstore items I really like:

NYC Bronzer in Sunny

Maybelline color tattoos - mainly Inked in pink & bad to the bronze

Maybelline mascaras - Falsies & Great Lash Lots of Lashes

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks (I have it in Warm me Up...perfect nude on me)

Flower Beauty Cream Blush- blends well & lasts most of the day

Wet 'n' Wild & NYC nail polishes

Covergirl mascaras: Super Thick & Clump Crusher

Covergirl Cheekers blushes - I've been using these since high school and still love them

Milani Shadow Eyez in Almond - great as a base under eyeshadow. I like this better than NYX milk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this topic!

My drugstore loves include maybelline the falsies mascara (no clumps, ultra volume) and l'oreal superliner perfect slim (easy to use prescision tip). I always love it when you find drugstore products that are really high quality, especially when I'm a bit strapped for cash!

Does anyone have any great drugstore waterproof eyeshadow? Let me know thanks!

I am so glad that all of you like this topic! I am gonna go through and write down a few of your suggestions today and buy them this week, I think I've burned out on high end stuff. Does anyone else get like this?

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick - I can pile it on or have it barely there and it always makes my skin look so much better and never cakes up on me or looks orange.

Rimmel Scandal eyes Eyeliner Pens and Pencils - Soo very black and easy to apply. I use the pencil when I want something softer but extremely black, and the pen for sharp thin lines or don't feel like sharpening.

Rimmel Color Burst Color Balm Sticks, Show Off Lip Laquers, Stay Glossy (original and 3D), Kate Moss Lipstick - Can't remember all the proper names but they are all awesome. And I think they're all $5 or less if I remember correctly so that's great.

Maybelline Mascaras (Falsies, Colossal Cat Eyes, Mega Plush)

Fergie Wet N Wild Lipsticks

I could go on for daays but I'll stop here.
I also love the Fit Me stick, the coverage is great for summertime!

Nice thread!! My favorites:

Lorèal Telescopic Mascara (black one) - Make my lashes as long as I want. Don't clump and holds a curl throughout the day! Used this for almost 10 years lol. 

Maybelline The Falsies - If I want volume and some length, this is the one I use. 

Maybelline Color Tattoo -" Inked in pink, barely branded and bad to the bronze". Lovely all over the lids or works very well as a base for other shadows. Wear these almost every day. 

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer - Best under eye concealer, ever! Use it for highlighting mostly.

Wet n Wild brow kit in ash brown (i believe) - Has a medium brown and more of a dark brown shade plus a wax, paired with a tweezer. It has everything I need to fix my brows. Love this set and use it so often. 

Wet n Wild Bronzer Megamix bronzer - has 3 matte shades and a shimmery shade in the middle. I use this every day. i never use the shimmery shade however, as I like my bronzer matte. It goes so well with my fair skintone, and don't look at all orange. Best of all is the chocolate smell  :wub:   :wub:  

Rimmel eyeliner in nude - perfect on the waterline and lasts soo long. Looks so natural.
I just got my first color tattoo from @ and I am so in love! Can't wait to buy more.

Maybelline and L'oreal Mascaras

Revlon matte and original lip balm stains

Maybelline Babylips

Garnier 2in1 Waterproof Eye makeup remover

.... these I regularly purchase from my local drugstore! :wub: :lol:

Flower lipsticks

Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks (I have like 4 of them. They are amazing. I need more)

Rimmel Show Off lip lacquer. 

Maybelline Super Stay 14 hour lipstick.

I am so glad that all of you like this topic! I am gonna go through and write down a few of your suggestions today and buy them this week, I think I've burned out on high end stuff. Does anyone else get like this?
YES, I absolutely do! Plus, once my stash gets huge, and I really don't NEED anything, but I'm itching to buy something, it's so much easier to justify a drugstore item, most of which are under $10.

I love NYC pressed powder in Translucent. It does an admirable job of setting my makeup and wears well. Also I will second NYC bronzer in Sunny. I need so little of it (I barely graze the surface with the foam puff) that I think the compact will last nearly forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so hoping that we get the Maybelline Lasting Drama Pen Gel eyeliner in the states, it's basically the drugstore dupe of Benefit's new push-up gel liner. If anyone spots it anywhere, keep me posted!

I love drugstore makeup!!! I'm a sucker for anything new.

My faves are:

1. Rimmel Show Off (apocalips) lip lacquers. I have about 5 shades. They're so amazing!!!

2: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation

3. Milani Color Statement lipstick. My favorite!!!

4. Maybelline Color Tattoos. I have an obscene collection of them!

5. Maybelline Color Elixirs

6. Rimmel Match Perfection foundation

7. Maybelline Fit Me foundation & concealer

8. Black Radiance Volumizing mascara. Fantastic cheap mascara!!

9. Jordana 12 hr Made To Last eyeliners

10. Jordana Lip Glazes

Back