Drugstore Gems!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm making note of so many of these things, because my computer broke last month and I need to start saving to replace it, so my beauty spending is being cut, big time. :'( Not that I need anything, with my huge stash, but you know...

I've never found a high end that matches!  I am also ashy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It is a bit darker than my natural brows, but the whole reason I need a pencil is because half my brows are white blonde (with some actual WHITE hairs :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )
This sounds a lot like me my eyebrows are that ashy blonde color (most of them are a dark ashy blonde but with white blonde in there, gah)...most brow products are far too warm for my brows.

I really like the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind undereye concealer. I use the really light almost pink-brightening shade. I've tried so many undereye concealers this one is really the best.

I also like the cover girl whipped foundation.

I really like the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind undereye concealer. I use the really light almost pink-brightening shade. I've tried so many undereye concealers this one is really the best.

Does it crease? I am on a mission to find the best undereye concealer and I have the hardest time finding one that doesn't crease and is brightening enough!

I have heard so many great things about Hard Candy Glamoflauge, do you use it as an undereye concealer as well? I really love Benefit FakeUp concealer but I need something less expensive.
Personally? Never. My undereyes are quite dry, so I've never risked it. But it's top-notch for any blemishes and around my nose :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Some of my favorites;

Elf blush in Candid Coral

Milani Shadow Eyez in Almond Cream (I use it as a base everyday...it is so creamy and cancels out any redness on my eyelids)

Basically all of the Jordana eyeliners that I have tried (pencil and liquid)

and probably my absolute favorite

The Wet and Wild Megalast Salon nail polishes that look like this

tumblr_m0j51uyWm81qih149o1_500.png

* Not my picture

I have never had a nail polish last on my nails as long as these have. They are also dirt cheap and have a decent color range (and an expanded range that s available at Dollar General stores). I just love them!

Blah, I also forgot Wet N Wild Shadow. They're so hit and miss and we have such limited selection where I live (no limited edition, most places only offer 8 pan palettes, singles are unheard of). I'm going to keep a reference list on my blog of ones I've had good/bad experiences with.

So far, the good:

The entire Comfort Zone palette. My HG. I'm soooo satisfied with it, I'll never buy an all-neutral palette again.

Art in the Streets 5pan- The orange and blue feel high-end and are just in general amazing. The green is nice, purple is weak, and I like the yellow- but others haven't.

Blah, I also forgot Wet N Wild Shadow. They're so hit and miss and we have such limited selection where I live (no limited edition, most places only offer 8 pan palettes, singles are unheard of). I'm going to keep a reference list on my blog of ones I've had good/bad experiences with.

So far, the good:

The entire Comfort Zone palette. My HG. I'm soooo satisfied with it, I'll never buy an all-neutral palette again.

Art in the Streets 5pan- The orange and blue feel high-end and are just in general amazing. The green is nice, purple is weak, and I like the yellow- but others haven't.
I have such mixed results with the Wet n Wild shadows. I always see people fawn over them and I get sad that I just don't get results as amazing as others seem to!

I do think their neutrals tend to be nicer and more pigmented than their brights. I got the Pop Art collection because I could NOT resist those colors, but in use, I find them lackluster...not TERRIBLE, but nowhere near as pigmented as I had hoped! So when it comes to cheap shadows, I mostly stick with Coastal Scents, because at least for me, they are consistent!

I do like the ColorIcon eyeliners, I use them on my lower lid for some color. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Some of my favorites;

Milani Shadow Eyez in Almond Cream (I use it as a base everyday...it is so creamy and cancels out any redness on my eyelids)

* Not my picture

I have never had a nail polish last on my nails as long as these have. They are also dirt cheap and have a decent color range (and an expanded range that s available at Dollar General stores). I just love them!
These are all super gorgeous! I will definitely pick up a few the next time I'm at the drugstore.

That concealer is outstanding! I started using it when my fakeup ran out and I was on vacation in California. My mom had it in her medicine cabinet and she swears by it!

I have such mixed results with the Wet n Wild shadows. I always see people fawn over them and I get sad that I just don't get results as amazing as others seem to!

I do think their neutrals tend to be nicer and more pigmented than their brights. I got the Pop Art collection because I could NOT resist those colors, but in use, I find them lackluster...not TERRIBLE, but nowhere near as pigmented as I had hoped! So when it comes to cheap shadows, I mostly stick with Coastal Scents, because at least for me, they are consistent!

I do like the ColorIcon eyeliners, I use them on my lower lid for some color. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If you don't want the Pop Art ones anymore, I can swap you something for them! I've been looking for them everywhere- the woes of a small-town collector.

WnW palettes I haven't enjoyed, by the way, are Petal Pusher and Poster Child.

I really want to try BH cosmetics but online shopping is difficult without a credit card.

If you don't want the Pop Art ones anymore, I can swap you something for them! I've been looking for them everywhere- the woes of a small-town collector.

WnW palettes I haven't enjoyed, by the way, are Petal Pusher and Poster Child.

I really want to try BH cosmetics but online shopping is difficult without a credit card.
I would die if I couldn't online shop!

Some of my favorites;

* Not my picture

In love--was going to CVS anyway to pick up sunblock for Memorial Day weekend.  Adding these to my shopping list!

My favoritest drugstore item is Cover Girl LashBlast Volume Waterproof mascara.  Nothing compares.  I've tried them all since I have stick straight downward pointing Asian lashes. After I hit up my lashes with the Shu Uemura curler, this mascara holds the curl forever and no flaking.  

Thanks for starting this thread!  Lots of great suggestions here.

I'm looking for a good under eye concealer, any suggestions?  I think I'm using Neutrogena now. I'll have to check when I get  home, but I usually use a white concealer in addition.  I've used the one by Cover Girl, but last time I went to Target they didn't have it, or any white concealer for that matter.  That was the only thing that seemed to hide my dark circles.  Anyone know if it's been discontinued, or maybe a good alternative, and where to buy it?  Thanks.

Eeeek I found the Miss Manga mascara today @! Had to buy it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Will take it for a test drive when I get ready for work tonight!

Does it crease? I am on a mission to find the best undereye concealer and I have the hardest time finding one that doesn't crease and is brightening enough!
I tried it and found it sort of clumpy and not great for coverage unless you slather it. And the applicator is of the suck.

Favorite drugstore items:

Ponds BB - amazing

Neutrogena Rapid Tone night moisturizer- love this stuff

cetaphil restoraderm body wash is my go too face wash!  Gentle and reasonable.

And I know its been on here many times but love ELF HD powder.

Back