Drugstore Gems!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh so one of the things I picked up is the maybelline color vivid lipstick in pink pop. HOW DID I NOT OWN THIS!? This is EXACTLY the perfect color for me. Bright super cool pink. It's GORGEGEOUS. I want to go buy 900 more as I think I might die if I even have to live without it again. My previous all time favorite was Kat Von D armageddon but this may have it beat. I am IN LOVE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh so one of the things I picked up is the maybelline color vivid lipstick in pink pop. HOW DID I NOT OWN THIS!? This is EXACTLY the perfect color for me. Bright super cool pink. It's GORGEGEOUS. I want to go buy 900 more as I think I might die if I even have to live without it again. My previous all time favorite was Kat Von D armageddon but this may have it beat. I am IN LOVE.
Any chance of posting a pic of it being worn?? I always get super curious when people rave about a specific shade :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone tried the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers?? I just saw a review for them today on pinterest and I really want to go to Ulta tomorrow and get like 3. 

Has anyone tried the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers?? I just saw a review for them today on pinterest and I really want to go to Ulta tomorrow and get like 3. 
Get them! Get them all! I have like 8 and I love them.

This is excellent news!!! Thanks for enabling :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Even better, Rimmel is cheap :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They do have a scent, though, I should mention that, so make sure to give one a sniff before you buy 8 if you're sensitive to that sort of thing.

Yes!  Those are actually the same as the Apocalypse ones I was geeking out about on the last page.  My personal fave is "Solstice", a shimmery pink.  If you prefer matte shades, I think "Celestial" is almost the same color.  But yeah, get a bunch.  They're highly pigmented, and decently long lasting for a gloss.  

Here's a blog review from last summer that our very own @@CheshireCookie did!  Maybe it will help you pick a few colors?

http://charmingcheshire.blogspot.com/2013/06/fun-little-purchase-ft-rimmel.html

I picked up 2 of the show offs yesterday too!! So far I really like them, crazy pigmented! And I'll try to get a picture of pink pop up soon (if I remember!)

The drugstore has been turning out great quality products lately! In no particular order, I love: Revlon Lip Butters, Maybelline Color Tattoos, Maybelline Colossal Volum'Express Mascara, Cover Girl Lip Perfection lipsticks, and Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks. I really want to try those new Maybelline Lip Elixirs, L'Oreal Million Lashes mascara, and L'Oreal polishes. I'm also curious about those Color Tattoo loose pigments, but I'm not sure if those are still out, or if they were LE.

Ahh, so many things I want to try!

Yes! I think I'm high ended out too. Tomorrow I'm officially breaking the no buy and I keep thinking why would I buy like 2 things at sephora when I can get like 10 things at the walmart?
I don't have too much high end makeup but I'm perfectly content with my naked & naked 3 palettes I got for Christmas. I really don't have much interest in spending a lot of money on one or 2 items. I've always used drugstore m/u & the majority of my stash is avon (which I lump in with drugstore m/u).

Today I got a Lorac kit from kohls & the only reason I bought it was because it came with 3 eyeshadows, a blush, a lipstick, mascara and a waterproof eyeliner and only cost me $26 dollars! It was cheaper than drugstore prices. Lol

Since I know the Maybelline Color Tattoos are a favorite for a lot of people, I thought I'd let you all know that I just got 5 for $18 at Walgreens! Some colors are on sale for $3.39 each. I got:

Audacious Asphalt

Tenacious Teal

Fierce & Tangy

Gold Rush

Audacious Blue

And I also saw that Pomegranate Punk was on sale, but I have that one already so I didn't get it.

I so want to try these!
I was hesitant to get the Master Glaze blushes because I thought they would be too shimmery, I only got one (I think the lightest pink shade) and its not too shimmery.  It gives a nice glow.  I've only used it for a few days but so far I'm loving it.

I am seriously in love with maybelline dream lumi touché. Highliter and concealer. Seriously great find.

The other one I can't live without is cover girl smoochies lip balms. My favorite shade is luv bug. These are my desert island product. Need it!

Since I know the Maybelline Color Tattoos are a favorite for a lot of people, I thought I'd let you all know that I just got 5 for $18 at Walgreens! Some colors are on sale for $3.39 each. I got:

Audacious Asphalt

Tenacious Teal

Fierce & Tangy

Gold Rush

Audacious Blue

And I also saw that Pomegranate Punk was on sale, but I have that one already so I didn't get it.
I went to Walgreens today & got Audacious Asphalt & Pomegranate Punk! Had $5 in rewards, so it was less than $3 for both :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: Do you think they're discontinuing these colors? Weird that only some of them are on sale. 

I went to Walgreens today & got Audacious Asphalt & Pomegranate Punk! Had $5 in rewards, so it was less than $3 for both :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: Do you think they're discontinuing these colors? Weird that only some of them are on sale. 
Crapola! I knew there was a reason why I wanted to go to Walgreens yesterday!

Latest posts

Back