Dupe of Urban Decay Naked Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow!  The last row of the elf palette looks identical with the last four colours on the Naked.  Wow!

i think the girls camera blew out the other colors, I've been hearing from owners of both that they are completely identical!  I'm going to order it and check it out.

Holy moly, that ELF palette does look like a good dupe.  I wonder if the colors are well pigmented.  So far, I've found that the majority of the ELF shadows are.  Only complaint I have with them is that they are powdery, lots of fallout, but for the cheap prices I'm willing to work with that.

seems like everyone always hates powdery eyeshadow...I dunno why but it's never bothered me lol.  I think I'm gonna buy it today.  Sadly I won't be able to do swatches for a couple weeks since their shipping takes years

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is excellent - and very cost effective!
yeah seriously, what does the naked palette cost?  like almost 50 or is it 40?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah seriously, what does the naked palette cost?  like almost 50 or is it 40?
$48 with the brush, $44 if you were lucky to get the pencil.

I found the blog from with the comparison of the UD Naked Palette & ELF Neutral Book here: http://www.starlightplurs.com/2011/03/dupe-for-urban-decay-naked-palette-elf.html She says that the the ELF palette is good, however the pigmentation is not as good as the high end Naked Palette. Check out the swatches on the blog.

PS: It's bad form to take a photo from a blog & not at least credit/link to them. How would you like it if someone did that to you?

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

there are 12 shadows, here's a pic of it I found side by side

I can't believe how close the naked palette and the elf palette are! It's crazy how elf can dupe so many high end products. I love that. But like I said, I'm on a no buy, so maybe if I get off the no buy and the elf palette is still available, I might get it. I love collecting makeup!  I don't have any problems with using d/s products, especially since I like to save my high end cosmetics for more special occasions. Not that I really need to, I haven't touched hardly any of my makeup yet!  Just talking about it makes me want to go play in my makeup right now!

Originally Posted by KeLLsTar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found the blog from with the comparison of the UD Naked Palette & ELF Neutral Book here: http://www.starlightplurs.com/2011/03/dupe-for-urban-decay-naked-palette-elf.html She says that the the ELF palette is good, however the pigmentation is not as good as the high end Naked Palette. Check out the swatches on the blog.

PS: It's bad form to take a photo from a blog & not at least credit/link to them. How would you like it if someone did that to you?
well yeah I didn't expect the pigment to be as great but from what I've experienced from these books, its good enough for me

I am loving this discussion!!! Zadi, in what ways are they different?  Is it color, are they not the same shade/tone or not as well pigmented but still similar color?  Or is it texture? or Frost/shimmer vs matte?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have both and didn't find the ELF to be that comparable to NAKED.

icon_sad.gif

I have both and didn't find the ELF to be that comparable to NAKED.
Yes, please do tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am loving this discussion!!! Zadi, in what ways are they different?  Is it color, are they not the same shade/tone or not as well pigmented but still similar color?  Or is it texture? or Frost/shimmer vs matte?
They look similar in the pan but once you put them side by side they're different shades. Some of the ELF shimmers contain sparkle pieces that are completely different or too... large (for lack of a better description). I'll charge my batteries over night and do some swatches tomorrow. Just remind me if I forget.

Quote:

They look similar in the pan but once you put them side by side they're different shades. Some of the ELF shimmers contain sparkle pieces that are completely different or too... large (for lack of a better description). I'll charge my batteries over night and do some swatches tomorrow. Just remind me if I forget.

I hate the glitter they put into everything :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  that's sad that they don't compare : /

Thanks for the info Bonnie! I'm gonna check out that palette. I know Elf's pigment is sometimes not that great, but I find I can usually get the look I'm after so it might still be worth it. I can deal with the fallout too. I don't have a lot of money to be going crazy on makeup so its definitely worth it for me.

Hi Ladies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have the ELF beauty book and besides the great price (I got it for 3.50 at Target on sale) I really think the eyeshadow is doing a good job. I have really oily skin (like, really oily..) and eyeshadow never stays on longer than for 2-3 hours, no matter what I use (to be fair, I never tried the really expensive stuff though). I use this palette every day for work combined with a primer and it stays on literally all day.

The pigmentation is good, not superior but good. Some colors are more intense than others and if you use a primer you definitely should be all set. Each face is different, but for me the eyeshadow doesn't cake or clump at all.

I'd definitely say give it a try!

I have oily lids and my ELF books and quads stay put all day using a home made shadow primer.  What kind of primer do you use?

The NYX Nude palete is really cool. I picked it up this past weekend at ULTA. Totally loving this palete but then again, I love everything by NYX :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back