EcoEmi

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You all convinced me to try this. I love natural products so...  Already ordered some stuff from rainwater botanicals. Looks promising. Anyone try their stuff? I got the pumpkin exfoliator & intensive moisturizer.

Anyone know when they usually ship? This is my first order. There is not an Account Management feature on the site and I have not received any emails to confirm anything, just the PayPal confirmation. It's been deducted from my account. Seems a little odd to not provide communication.

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know when they usually ship? This is my first order. There is not an Account Management feature on the site and I have not received any emails to confirm anything, just the PayPal confirmation. It's been deducted from my account. Seems a little odd to not provide communication.
Same here - First time subscriber here and haven't received any emails from EcoEmi except for the PayPal confirmation. I actually went into my PayPal account today and canceled my recurring payment because of the lack of communication. Not having a "My account" page doesn't help either.

Originally Posted by ruhimaach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here - First time subscriber here and haven't received any emails from EcoEmi except for the PayPal confirmation. I actually went into my PayPal account today and canceled my recurring payment because of the lack of communication. Not having a "My account" page doesn't help either.
There is a significant lag time (like a month) between when you subscribe and when you will receive your first box, or at least that's how it was when I subscribed.  If you cancel, you will still get a box afterwards due to that same lag time.  I couldn't find the FAQ page with that info anymore.  The only notifications I receive is the email with the tracking # when my box has shipped.  The only problems I have ever had was a box missing an item, and when I emailed Christine, she sent out a new box to me immediately.

So, in other words, Eco Emi is not a subscription service that tends to communicate with it's subscribers via email, other than tracking #'s.  Most updates and info items are posted on their Facebook page. 

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is a significant lag time (like a month) between when you subscribe and when you will receive your first box, or at least that's how it was when I subscribed.  If you cancel, you will still get a box afterwards due to that same lag time.  I couldn't find the FAQ page with that info anymore.  The only notifications I receive is the email with the tracking # when my box has shipped.  The only problems I have ever had was a box missing an item, and when I emailed Christine, she sent out a new box to me immediately.

So, in other words, Eco Emi is not a subscription service that tends to communicate with it's subscribers via email, other than tracking #'s.  Most updates and info items are posted on their Facebook page. 
Thanks! Yes, I was expecting the lag to be honest. However, wasn't expecting there to be such a lack of communication. I canceled the recurring payment from my PayPal page - Hopefully I won't get charged for another box. I am sure the box will be great (after reading all the past reviews) - I am not sure if I can deal with a service that doesn't communicate AT ALL. Between Goodebox and EcoEmi, I decided to keep Goodebox. 

Just received my March box in case anyone's interested: I really liked the box overall; I do wish I had received fewer, larger sized samples though.

Got my March Eco Emi box today, happy with it overall as well!  As always, I appreciated the pretty wrapping and detail taken with the presentation.  There were 6 beauty related and 3 lifestyle items. 

So, I felt bad about unsubscribing and resubscribed a while ago - I read on their website that if I subscribe in a particular month, I'll receive the box for the following month. Since they don't ship until the last week, does this mean I won't get a box until end of May? Also it seems like since they charge every 30 months, I'll get charged twice before even receiving my May box...does anyone have a similar experience? 

I emailed them to see if I can still get the April box...Plus, I never received the tea bags in my March box. Oh well. Not excited about waiting for TWO MONTHS to receive my first box and getting charged TWICE. I should have contacted them first before resubscribing. 

So, I felt bad about unsubscribing and resubscribed a while ago - I read on their website that if I subscribe in a particular month, I'll receive the box for the following month. Since they don't ship until the last week, does this mean I won't get a box until end of May? Also it seems like since they charge every 30 months, I'll get charged twice before even receiving my May box...does anyone have a similar experience? 

I emailed them to see if I can still get the April box...Plus, I never received the tea bags in my March box. Oh well. Not excited about waiting for TWO MONTHS to receive my first box and getting charged TWICE. I should have contacted them first before resubscribing. 
Yes, you get charged twice before receiving your first box.  They used to have a FAQ that explained the timing, not sure that it's still available.  Conversely, when you cancel, you still get a box the next month because you've already paid for it.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, you get charged twice before receiving your first box.  They used to have a FAQ that explained the timing, not sure that it's still available.  Conversely, when you cancel, you still get a box the next month because you've already paid for it.
Thank you. I heard back from Christine and she said that my first box will be in May. I read the FAQs only after I'd already paid 
rolleyes.gif

But Christine is so nice - She agreed to ship me the tea bags that were missing in my March bag. She seems like a really sweet person. I think I'll cancel by the end of the month so I don't get charged twice and then resubscribe towards the end of May. They should figure out their payment system - seems very hokey. It took me a while to realize that I did love the box a lot. So, I'm going to remain subscribed 
smile.gif

Not happy. Like others have said, I've heard NOTHING. First time subscriber. And I didn't get a box.

Don't let the unusual pay schedule scare you ladies off from this box. I subscribed for about a year and I remember when I first subscribed and two months (and two payment deductions) went by without a box, I emailed Christine a nastygram email about how I was already dissatisfied.  She explained that I would get the amount of boxes I paid for (which I did; I cancelled in December and still got the Jan box - in fact, I got two of them due to a shipping snafu.. I moved and they sent the box to the wrong place, so I e-mailed Christine and she immediately shipped out another one to my new address, and a few weeks later the other box made its way to my new address as well).  I LOVE Eco Emi's samples and I still get all of the bonus boxes (I'm on a tight budget and I'm trying out some new boxes right now, but I'm seriously considering returning to Eco Emi later).  The downside to the samples are that sometimes the samples are a little on the small side, but I realize that it's because natural, organic products are more expensive than non-organic products.  I've received all sorts of items.. snacks, chocolate, laundry soap (soapberry extract!), makeup (such as Laura Geller, The All Natural Face, Aubrey organics, etc), face scrubs, lotions.. and pretty much every box has some kind of cute little reusable bag that I always save and use for small gifts.

Ok, enough bragging about Eco Emi before I start sounding like I work for them.  I just wanted to make it a point that I thought it was a great company regardless of the off-putting payment schedule.

Received my April Eco-Emi box yesterday!  I was browsing the Green & Natural section at drugstore.com recently, and was like "I've tried that, and that, and that...", so Eco Emi really has done a good job of introducing me to some natural products I like and have purchased. 

I thought it was pretty good, as well.  I could do without any food and just stick to beauty products, but it was pretty good.I honestly liked Natural Beauty Box more, but with all their issues, this is better.

Just received my May box today! It came in super early this month. I received the shipment notification on Saturday and it's here already. I am so impressed! Plus this has to be my favorite box so far :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just received my May box today! It came in super early this month. I received the shipment notification on Saturday and it's here already. I am so impressed! Plus this has to be my favorite box so far :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine came in yesterday, agree it's a great month! 

I got the polish in pink, and the mascara is a dark navy.  Really interested to see how the mascara performs, as it was very glossy when I applied some to my hand.  There really wasn't a dud item (for me) in the box!

Junes Eco-Emi box:

• Badger Cuticle Care
  • Vegan Lip and Cheek Cream in Peachy Rose by The All Natural Face (these are fantastic, I've got 8 of the colors now)

• Purifying Cleansing Wipes by Nelsons Pure & Clear
  • Coconut Hand and Body Lotion by Desert Essence
  • Vegan Bronzer by Purely You Minerals

• Chipotle BBQ Chips by Beanitos Black Bean Chips
  • All Natural, Gluten Free Gummy Bears by Surf Sweets
  • Wheatgrass Organic Heirloom Seeds by Botanical Interests

My dog Maggie modeling the bandana used to wrap box contents

Back