EcoEmi

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so cute.  I hope she wore the bandana today!

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Junes Eco-Emi box:

My dog Maggie modeling the bandana used to wrap box contents

Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is so cute.  I hope she wore the bandana today!
She did, at least for a while!  I went out and when I came back, she had managed to take off the bandana.  Not just slip it over her head, but untie it somehow. 

Not for nothing are Border Collies known for being smart.  Maggie's a mix, but she definitely got the intelligence part of that genetic lineup
smile.gif

July's Eco Emi theme is Endless Summer Spa:

The box included 8 items:

• Rose Cleansing Grains by French Girl Organics:  used this last night, liked it.  It feels like just a granular scrub, but I could tell my face felt different afterwards.  You combine it with the liquid of your choice and I used my Eminence Rosehip toner.
  • Stress Relief Bath Soak by Eartha Essentials
  • Lushful Lips Lip Scrub by Eartha Essentials:  this melted and leaked a bit, but nothing too bad.
  • Tangelo Twist Body Spritz by Aubrey Organics:  I've worn this for the last 2 days with the Whish orange body cream from the Hautelook bag - very nice.
  • Amend Facial Solar Repair Anti-Aging Serum by Blissoma
  • Whipped Cream Body Butter in Mother Pucker by Fortune Cookie Soap
  • Cucumber mint tea sample from Tea Forte
  • Sleep mask by Limitless Skies

Total box value is $35.  I'm liking everything so far!

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

July's Eco Emi theme is Endless Summer Spa:

The box included 8 items:

• Rose Cleansing Grains by French Girl Organics:  used this last night, liked it.  It feels like just a granular scrub, but I could tell my face felt different afterwards.  You combine it with the liquid of your choice and I used my Eminence Rosehip toner.
  • Stress Relief Bath Soak by Eartha Essentials
  • Lushful Lips Lip Scrub by Eartha Essentials:  this melted and leaked a bit, but nothing too bad.
  • Tangelo Twist Body Spritz by Aubrey Organics:  I've worn this for the last 2 days with the Whish orange body cream from the Hautelook bag - very nice.
  • Amend Facial Solar Repair Anti-Aging Serum by Blissoma
  • Whipped Cream Body Butter in Mother Pucker by Fortune Cookie Soap
  • Cucumber mint tea sample from Tea Forte
  • Sleep mask by Limitless Skies

Total box value is $35.  I'm liking everything so far!
That looks like a great box!

I actually did not like any of the items I have tried so far. Hoping I will find something. I liked last months box better

Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually did not like any of the items I have tried so far. Hoping I will find something. I liked last months box better
I've only tried the rose cleansing grains, the body spray, and the Fortune Cookie body cream.  I liked them all.  I used the cleansing grains with a facial oil as the base this morning, which was a nice combo.  I rinsed in the shower but did not use any other cleanser, and my face felt wonderful afterwards. 

I didn't like this month's and last's was ok.  I love the idea of natural stuff, though, and their customer service is great.  But I really miss the Natural Beauty Box.  Wish they turned out well because I used almost everything and loved it.  I ordered from them a lot because I loved the products. 

My August Eco Emi box:

• Natural Lemongrass Soap with French Yellow Clay by Craftsman Soap Co.

• Gun Metal Gray Natural Eyeshadow by Gourmet Body Treats

• Vonnie Nail Lacquer by Coco Rae (not sure if this company is still producing polishes, as their web page does not seem to be active)

• Cafe Machiatto Body Oil by Valenti Organics
  • Carrot, Grapefruit & Egyptian Geranium Rose Body Lotion by Valenti Organics

• Raw Organic Walnut butter by Artisana
  • Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Edible Green Tea

Eleda - is that a brand name - shea terra black soap - or just a type of Black Soap ? 

Eleda - is that a brand name - shea terra black soap - or just a type of Black Soap ? 
Shea Terra is a company. They mostly make black soap, which is awesome, by the way. I bought a bar through Birchbox, and it makes a difference when I use it on my face. They have bar soap, gooey soap in a jar that can be used as a mask, and rose hip black soap. Other products, too. I checked out the Shea Terra website, but decided to make my purchase through Birchbox because I had points to spend.

I've got several products from Shea Terra, and I've liked them all.  There are different varieties of the black soap available, and the first one I got was the African Lemongrass Black Soap Elixir.  It is good, but did not match up to all the rave reviews I was hearing about Shea Terra's black soap.  I then got the Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Face Wash & Mask, and I'm thinking that must be the one everyone was raving about. Birchbox has an exclusive set that is a good buy.  I Haven't tried the bar soaps. 

Back