Escape Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Portland mini and really loved it.  I got the soap, the pepper jellies, the candle and the popcorn.   I loved the items and they did seem to represent the area well.  I have gotten the Valentina's items in a yogi surprise box and loved it!

Got an email that said February's city was Nashville. I LOVE Nashville, so I am definitely interested. I could use some Loveless in my life or Project 615 items. It had a 20% off code, but not sure if that is enough for me to go for it.

Meh. I just got the Nashville box and it's back to mostly all food again. The last box was so good, too! :/

Here's what was in the Nashville box:

Moon Nashville Travel Guide - $16.99

Willa's Wildflower Honey Shortbread Bites (4 oz.) - $5.75

Sweet Meat Jerky (Mango Chipotle, 2 oz.) - $8.99

Soberdough Brew Bread (Roasted Garlic, 16 oz.) - $7.95

Little Seed Farm Goats Milk Soaps (Orange Vetiver, 4.75 oz.) - $7.00

Brittle Brothers Gourmet Peanut Brittle (3 oz.) - $3.29

As tasty as the food might be, I didn't sign up for another food box. I keep hoping there are going to be actual things, like beauty/skincare products, jewelry, etc. I really don't know what to make of this box. I liked last month's so much! This month, not really worth the price, IMO.

Thanks for posting! Sounds like a nice box but I'm glad I unsubbed. Didn't need anymore food things either.

I stopped getting this box several months ago but just re-subbed for Australia with the recent RueLaLa deal. Is it just me or is it odd that I never saw any spoilers, there's still nothing about Australia in the Next Desination section of their website, and they've not posted anything on their website since 2/18/15?

The Australia box arrived yesterday and I really like it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Inside was:

Moon Living Abroad in Australia - $19.99

B'Lure Flower Extracts (Hibiscus) - $10.00

Lamav Organic Skin Science Bio-A7 Firming Eye Lotion - $25.00

Simple Scents Australian Soap - $4.00

Australian Gold Face Guard Stick - $5.00

Clip-On Koalas (4) - $5.00

Lucky Country Aussie Style Licorice (Strawberry) - $3.00

I love when the boxes aren't all food! I will say I wish there was more than one food item, though. I just can'tbe  pleased! XD Anyway, the licorice was *very* good! It wasn't waxy like Twizzlers. As soon as you opened the bag, there was a delicious strawberry scent. <3 We were also happy there were four clip-on koalas. I have four daughters and they almost had all their favorite colors (3/4)! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We tried the flower extract, but didn't notice much difference in the flavor of the water. I think sunscreen in stick form (like a glue stick) is a neat idea! I can't wait until the weather gets warmer to try it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I thought this was a great box and hope they stay like this! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit:

Their Facebook says Japan is next! I can't wait to see what's in that box. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
The Australia box sounds nice! I no longer get this box because I had to do some serious cut back on the boxes I was getting. It looks like the next destination is Japan. New subscribers can get 50% off with a coupon code HALFOFF . Just thought I'll pass the info along to anyone who might be interested. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

My Japan box is shipped out yesterday. I can't wait to receive it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
In their e-mail to my other account they gave some spoilers on the box content:

"From rare Handcrafted Traditional Wind Chimes to exotic Bamboo Charcoal Konjac Beauty Sponges and delicious Poky Matcha Biscuits, this month's Escape to Japan is the most unique collection of luxury products yet!

We've listened to your suggestions, and focused on finding beautiful, handmade products that will last beyond one use, like authentic Designer Chopsticks. You're sure to love these Japanese goodies!"

So far we have wind chimes, konjac sponge, pocky matcha, chopsticks, and the travel book. Looks good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wonder what the other items will be. I hope we will receive some Japanese skincare items, they are so good.

My Japan box is shipped out yesterday. I can't wait to receive it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

In their e-mail to my other account they gave some spoilers on the box content:

"From rare Handcrafted Traditional Wind Chimes to exotic Bamboo Charcoal Konjac Beauty Sponges and delicious Poky Matcha Biscuits, this month's Escape to Japan is the most unique collection of luxury products yet!

We've listened to your suggestions, and focused on finding beautiful, handmade products that will last beyond one use, like authentic Designer Chopsticks. You're sure to love these Japanese goodies!"

So far we have wind chimes, konjac sponge, pocky matcha, chopsticks, and the travel book. Looks good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I wonder what the other items will be. I hope we will receive some Japanese skincare items, they are so good.
That sounds like a great box! I wish I was getting this. Would definitely love to try the konjac sponge and get authentic chopsticks. So happy for you for getting this!

That sounds like a great box! I wish I was getting this. Would definitely love to try the konjac sponge and get authentic chopsticks. So happy for you for getting this!
Thank you so much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Honestly, I am against the idea of paying $49.95/month (or $39.95/month with a promo code) for Escape Monthly or any random subscription box. This is my first Escape Monthly box. I had to have it since I am a lover of all things Japanese. I got this box for 50% off and I also think it looks like a great box especially for the price I paid.   

I am thinking of unsubscribing after I receive my box and resubscribing in the future based on the destinations.

How smooth is unsubscribing via e-mail?  

Looks like a great sponge! Very exciting! I really wish I was getting this. I know what you mean about the price. It was too much for me also. I got the box for 3 months and had to cancel after. The cancellation was no problem. I think the service is great. Maybe I'll resub again for a little bit in the future. Right now I'm maxed out on the boxes. I like the idea of a vacation in a box. It's like a mini vacation without going anywhere. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Looks like a great sponge! Very exciting! I really wish I was getting this. I know what you mean about the price. It was too much for me also. I got the box for 3 months and had to cancel after. The cancellation was no problem. I think the service is great. Maybe I'll resub again for a little bit in the future. Right now I'm maxed out on the boxes. I like the idea of a vacation in a box. It's like a mini vacation without going anywhere. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Maybe you can still get this box. This seems like a very flexible and accommodating company. Before subscribing Rebecca replied my many question through Facebook messages and she even gave me a new code that was not even given in their website or Retailmenot.

Konjac sponge looks great, I just need some dedication to put the extra effort to use it regularly (yes, I am the lazy type :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Same here, I like the idea of vacation in a box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's so refreshing.

Thank you. It's great to hear that cancellation was no problem. I was a bit anxious.

May 2015 box theme is "The Rocky Mountain range in the Western United States and Canada". This box will have bath & body products, local goodies (handcrafted right in the Rockies), super foods, and an unforgettable souvenir.
Here is the full article: http://escapemonthly.com/touch-the-sky-this-may-adventure-to-the-rockies-with-escape-monthly/

I think I will pass this one, since I like hiking the Rockies, but do not like souvenirs from them and do not need more bath&body products (Birchbox is taking care of that). 
I wonder what will the exact items be like.

My Japan box arrived today! I think this is one of my favorite boxes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In it was:

Moon Living Abroad in Japan guide - $19.99

Rare Japanese Wind Chime - $7.00

Pocky Matcha Biscuits (2.47 oz.) $5.00

Japanese Konjac Bamboo Charcoal Sponge - $12.00

Tao of Tea Japanese Sencha Tea (2 oz.) - $10.00

Traditional Sandalwood Fan - $5.00

Authentic Japanese Chopsticks - $4.95

I think I will use every one of these items. That doesn't happen with subscription boxes often. haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really think Escape Monthly's boxes have been a lot better this year! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not sure if anyone here is getting this box but the next box's theme is Greece. I don't get this box anymore because I had to cut back but just wanted to pass on the info. :)

Here is the spoiler for it

[SIZE=11.5pt]Olivia Beauty Bar from Papoutsanis [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Serenata Milk Chocolate Wafer[/SIZE]

escape monthly spoiler september.jpg

Back