Escape Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box today and am super disappointed. I've only gotten one box before, Ireland and thought that one was great. This one? Not so much. I guess I didn't know what I was expecting since I don't know much except basics about Puerto Rico, but meh. I would have much rather got London, but I don't think I'll be re-subbing after cancelling. I was honest and said I wasn't into it, I hate to elaborate saying it was horrible because they're so nice.

The saving grace for me was the free lavender eye mask and cocnut candle, even if it is tiny. Other than that, I don't the contents match the price. I got a deal for half price, but if I had paid even the discounted $39, I would be pissed.

I hope for everyone's sake, they do a better job with London.

I signed in on the site and it says my sub is active but I'm almost positive I wasn't charged. Ugh
I keep e-mailing them about that -- I canceled last week and my sub still says "active" too.  They promise me the computer is supposed to update tonight.  If it doesn't, I'll contact them again.  (On the plus side, all my CS e-mails have been answered within a few hours.)

I was perfectly happy with the box for the price I paid.  Granted, as I've said elsewhere in this thread, I paid $4 for the box (thanks to a Rue La La deal and a $25 RLL credit).  I don't think I'd be happy if I'd paid $40 or $50.  I gave the coffee away (I hate coffee, but it's no biggie giving it away when I paid so little for the box to begin with).

I was pretty disappointed in the Puerto Rico box, even with the $29 Living Social deal. It's essentially some ok food and a guide book. I got the mini subscription for October since my mom's from London and I figured it may be a better value since I don't want the guidebook.

I was pretty disappointed in the Puerto Rico box, even with the $29 Living Social deal. It's essentially some ok food and a guide book. I got the mini subscription for October since my mom's from London and I figured it may be a better value since I don't want the guidebook.
I would be as well. I suspected it would be so after I got the india box. I made a comment like that on a fb page for swaps and some chick blocked me.  But I knew it was going to be food and soaps and things i just didnt want. I do hope London is great for you all!  I go there quite a bit and can just pick up things that I actually want from there. 

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this sub.  They don't answer email and there is no way to cancel without contacting them.   I have been trying to cancel my sub for a while.  They billed me last month and sent me a box  anyway.  It was not worth what I paid for it and had expired snacks in it.  I wrote to them and also wrote on their facebook wall.  They did not answer me and deleted my post from their facebook wall along with a few other negative comments. I would not recommend this sub .

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this sub.  They don't answer email and there is no way to cancel without contacting them.   I have been trying to cancel my sub for a while.  They billed me last month and sent me a box  anyway.  It was not worth what I paid for it and had expired snacks in it.  I wrote to them and also wrote on their facebook wall.  They did not answer me and deleted my post from their facebook wall along with a few other negative comments. I would not recommend this sub .
That's weird, I've never heard of them not responding right away. I cancelled after the puerto rico box and she (Rebecca) got back to me within hours asking me to confirm. I also had a box way back in March and the same thing, same day response.

I emailed about a leaky item from the Vegas box (IIRC) and the response was pretty quick as well.

Has anyone gotten shipping info yet for the Oct./London box? On their FB page they said shipping info would be sent out on the 17th,

I got my Escape Mini today:

1) Pork & mustard flavored chips

2) English toffee

3) Body oil

4) Miniature bus

5) Tea

Just ok. The bus is such a waste of value of the box. Better than Puerto Rico though.

I had one of the toffees from the Escape Mini after lunch today and they are delicious. Am swapping the bus on MSA for some other items I want and am happy with the rest. I'm not sure it's worth what I paid for it in a strict dollar amount, but I think the curation was good this time around and I do put some of the cost toward that and the surprise factor. Much better than Puerto Rico. And I'm looking forward to Hawaii next month.

has anyone gotten there October London full box.  Not the mini.  My label was created on Monday early morning and since then nothing and no reply from the company to the numerous posts on its facebook page about this.  I am afraid this company and the box may be going under given all the recent problems they have had.  I bought on living social but will probably not renew my 3 month subscription because of all the problems.

has anyone gotten there October London full box.  Not the mini.  My label was created on Monday early morning and since then nothing and no reply from the company to the numerous posts on its facebook page about this.  I am afraid this company and the box may be going under given all the recent problems they have had.  I bought on living social but will probably not renew my 3 month subscription because of all the problems.
Same thing - label created Monday and then NOTHING... They said last week that we'd get tracking last Friday and that the box would arrive the middle of this week. :-(

My box came today.  It is horrible.  The body oil also leaked and soaked into the other items.   I cannot imagine anyone paying full price for this,  The value of this box is not what you pay for it less.  I get the full size box .. the box I got  had the rick stevens travel guide , tiny tiny soap, tea, cookies, a sample of oil,  bag of toffee. Toy car.   This box is  $50 dollars.   Its not even worth $30 .  I actually like the last one a little better and that was bad too.  One more month and my subs  over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one of the toffees from the Escape Mini after lunch today and they are delicious. Am swapping the bus on MSA for some other items I want and am happy with the rest. I'm not sure it's worth what I paid for it in a strict dollar amount, but I think the curation was good this time around and I do put some of the cost toward that and the surprise factor. Much better than Puerto Rico. And I'm looking forward to Hawaii next month.
I love the toffees as well and I agree with you that the box is probably not worth the actual dollar amount but it was ok still. Better than Puerto Rico. My little one enjoyed the taxi. I'm also a tea drinker so I'm looking forward to trying to the tea. I was going to cancel but I want to see what's in the Hawaii box next month. 

I cancelled last week. I was glad I skipped last month, but even so, this is the third month that there's been a big shipping delay so I was put off. I was going out of town for the weekend, just a few days and not enough time to have mail held. According to tracking, by Friday night it hadn't left OR yet. It actually ended up being delivered Monday and sitting on my porch in the rain all night until I got home this morning. The contents were surprisingly okay, but the box, tissue paper, and brochure were soaked (gross to bring into the house, had to put it in the kitchen sink to open it since it was wet and dirty...). Had the stupid thing been delivered last as promised repeatedly on their FB page...

The little oils leaked in the plastic bag they were in so at least that was contained. 

Did anyone get the December box from Escape Monthly?  I think the theme was the Holidays in Europe. I'd like to see that box and I think MSA isn't subscribed anymore.  Maybe she'll get a complimentary box and we can see what's in it.

Did anyone get the December box from Escape Monthly?  I think the theme was the Holidays in Europe. I'd like to see that box and I think MSA isn't subscribed anymore.  Maybe she'll get a complimentary box and we can see what's in it.
I just got the December escape mini and I am glad I cancelled the subscription for any future boxes. The theme was supposed to be European Christmas. It contained:

2 German white lace snowflake ornaments - $9

a bag of mini madeleines - $10

mulled wine and cider spices (made in Iowa) - $7.50

Christmas in Paris tea - $4.50

Bonus - piece of nougat - $2

If I wanted a food subscription I would have subscribed to a food box. I was really disappointed with this as I have been over the past several months. The next box is supposed to be "users choice" they are letting people vote on their FB page. Not really sure how they will get a box together for January if they dont even have the destination set yet.

I got the December holiday box and it was just ok. Definitely not worth $40. I was drawn in because on their FB page they showed the castle I visited last summer in Germany. I was expecting more than just food. I have tried it once before in the past and was not impressed then, either. I emailed to cancel, however, I waited too long and got charged for the January box. It is a Portlandia theme, which could be cool if they do it right but I'm really not expecting that much.

If I feel drawn in to order this box again, I am going to reread this thread to talk myself out of it. Way over-priced for what is in the box in my opinion.

I just got the January Portland box and I've got to say I really like it. I hope this means the boxes are going to get better than the last couple! In the box was:

Moon Portland Travel Guide - $17

Molly Muriel Warm & Woodsy Bar Soap (with Shea Butter) - $6

Keep Portland Weird Candle - $14

Masala Pop Saffron Rose with Jacobsen Salt (Popcorn) - $7

Rose City Pepperheads Berry Trio (Pepper jellies - Marionberry Blast, Sizzlin' Strawberry, and Hollerin' Huckleberry) - $7

Valentina's Homebrewed Habit-Breaker Magickal Mineral Bath Salts (Sweet orange, Cedarwood, and Lavendar) - $10

Bonus! Portland Bee Balm (Oregon mint lip balm) - $3

Everything is actually from Portland, too! I think I'm going to give this box a chance for a bit longer and see if things get better for 2015. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back