Escape Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard of the france box too.  I have to wait to see what it is all about. Very leary of giving anything so new money and they don't have much info on them online.

I heard of the france box too.  I have to wait to see what it is all about. Very leary of giving anything so new money and they don't have much info on them online.
For $14, I'll try the first one but will then probably unsubscribe; I bought I'll want to keep going at $24/month.

My Escape Monthly box's tracking says it is at the post office and should arrive on Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine got to my local post office really early this morning and it says it should arrive today, though it's not out for delivery yet.

Home for lunch and my box finally arrived:

Rick Steves Pocket Travel Guide $13
Pierre Biscuiterie French Butter Cookies $4.25
Institut Karite Paris Shea Butter Hand Cream $26
L’Abbaye de Flavigne Gourmet Candy $5
Edmond Gallot Mustard $6.25
Nuxe Body Scrub & Shower Gel $16 (they sent me two shower gels though…)
Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves $3

@@gcc69 Any pics??

Mini French Escape

2014-08-27 15.34.06.jpg

A lot of food products...

A lot of food products...
That didn't bother me too much since it was a mix of sweets and condiments. It was kind of a lot of bath & body products for me, but I am baffled about why the box's brochure listed

Nuxe Body Scrub & Shower Gel and showed a photo of both products, but when I emailed Escape Monthly that I did not receive a body scrub, they replied that body scrub was not supposed to be included... Then why is it listed??? I'd rather have a body scrub than another body wash/gel... I don't use it much...

I liked this box but not for full price.  Well, it was kind of boring, I guess.  If I had paid $50 for, it  I wouldn't be happy.  I think the Mini is a much better deal in that respect.

I liked this box but not for full price.  Well, it was kind of boring, I guess.  If I had paid $50 for, it  I wouldn't be happy.  I think the Mini is a much better deal in that respect.
Technically I paid $24 for my regular box, about the same as the mini, since I got the Living Social voucher for a 3 month sub with a promo code, so I can't complain. It was a three month sub via Living Social, and Paris was my last of that.

I otherwise agree that the mini boxes have been just as good or better than the regular versions. I have been getting this sub since Dec., but think I'm going to take a break from Escape Monthly in Sept. 

I ordered this too because it was Paris and just got it today. I thought it was cute. I like it. Not sure if it's worth the price but I still like it more than 1000 places.

That didn't bother me too much since it was a mix of sweets and condiments. It was kind of a lot of bath & body products for me, but I am baffled about why the box's brochure listed

Nuxe Body Scrub & Shower Gel and showed a photo of both products, but when I emailed Escape Monthly that I did not receive a body scrub, they replied that body scrub was not supposed to be included... Then why is it listed??? I'd rather have a body scrub than another body wash/gel... I don't use it much...
CS has now apologized for their confusion and said the scrub indeed should've been in the box. They are sending me one.

Got my box. I did get the scrub and shower gel and I got the hand cream in Lily of the Valley. It smells nice but a little greasy and I would never pay $26 for it. Haven't tried the mints; Rose flavor? Cookies were good. Mustard is in the fridge;not something I would ever purchase on my own for sure. I like the little Rick Steves travel guide; nice and compact. I only tried this box because of the Paris theme and I've already cancelled; not that impressed.

This box seems was better than the 1000  places quarterly box that cost  50 dollars that I got last month . Wish I had got in on this.   I have signed up for the mini box now.

Has anyone heard anything about the September box? I know it's supposed to be Puerto Rico themed, but that's about it. Usually they start shipping or at least billing by now, but I haven't been charged yet.

595eb332-70e8-4873-8b81-c921f7eb6443.jpg
 Got this in an email about the September box!

Also, it included the following info:

You'll love the SWEETEST gourmet candy and the SPICIEST hot sauce that the Caribbean has to offer!

Besides these two fun products, you'll also discover 6 other Caribbean delights, PLUS a free Organic Lavender Eye Pillow to help you relax and get away.

This box is worth $80 retail, but with the coupon "CARIBBEANit's just $39.95!

You'll love trying all the products from this tropical paradise... and you might be the lucky member who wins the vacation!

Give yourself a luxury tropical experience this month... you deserve it! Don't wait—Sunday is the cutoff!

Latest posts

Back