Escape Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom watched me open the box; she had so much fun looking through it with me (as well as stealing my chocolate). She was telling me my grandma used to take me into one of the Bewley cafes during our Saturday trips into Dublin, it was "our thing". She also told me that most of the Bewleys have closed now. I pulled out the book and we were looking through it (and laughing at some of the vocab they had in the back...some of those are very old terms! Feck is still very relevant, haha!) We found the stores my Grandfather's family used to own pictured, which was cool. I didn't expect this box to be so sentimental for me! I'm glad I ordered this one. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by katyrn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the $25 deal off of groupon with the idea that I would order the March box. But after seeing the spoilers weeks ago, I decided to wait for a different month. Now that they've announced the next destination as Mexico, I guess I'll be waiting another month. I live in Texas and that is just too close to Mexico to get really excited about a Mexico box. Here's to hoping May is more enticing!!
When they were trying to get me to keep my subscription they were telling me that next month was Mexico. I'm like I live in a large Hispanic community in Florida. I can get pretty much any product from Mexico at one of the many stores in my town. I even teach a class where my students speak very little English mostly Spanish. 

I signed up for the Mexico box with my voucher from Plum District. I'm not sure if I am going to stay subscribed or not after this box. From all of your experiences, is this a hard box to cancel?

I'd love to get the Mexico box. Does anyone know of any type of discounts that are running? I'd love to get it for $25, kicking myself for not getting the plum district deal

Quote: Originally Posted by wldflowur13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd love to get the Mexico box. Does anyone know of any type of discounts that are running? I'd love to get it for $25, kicking myself for not getting the plum district deal
I've seen the code MEXICOESCAPE gets you 20% off. But they're a bunch of 20% off codes floating around. My box was suppose to come today but it didn't. Oh 

well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by Girlee84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  There's another Plum District deal going on today for this, making the box $25! And you can even save the coupon if you don't want this month's Mexico box. I loved my Ireland box, but I'm just kind of meh about Mexico so I'm already waiting to hear what's coming in May! 

http://www.plumdistrict.com/moms/discount/everywhere/deals/escape-monthly-vacation-in-a-box-destination-themed-local-products-free-shipping-CHRKph
they've recently posted that it's California -- "this Escape will be packed with some of the most valuable items we’ve ever featured," so now I'm totally curious!

Anyone else not get a shipping notice? I used a Living Social coupon and I haven't gotten any emails about the box shipping.

Anyone else not get a shipping notice? I used a Living Social coupon and I haven't gotten any emails about the box shipping.
When did you place the order? Maybe you were too late for the May box and will start with June? I got a tracking number on Friday and it arrived today (USPS two day priority mail).

When did you place the order? Maybe you were too late for the May box and will start with June? I got a tracking number on Friday and it arrived today (USPS two day priority mail).
I placed the order on May 6th. They had a bunch of posts after saying they still had spots left, so I don't think I placed the order too late!

OK, I finally got an email saying my box will ship this Friday and they sent a tracking number. Thanks for the help @@gcc69

OK, I finally got an email saying my box will ship this Friday and they sent a tracking number. Thanks for the help @@gcc69
Sorry, meant to reply before that you definitely seemed to order in plenty of time. Others with the Living Social deal have also posted that they didn't get tracking and some have said that their box just showed up. I used a Plum District voucher and got my tracking number on time and the box arrived quite quickly (as mentioned...) 

I got my Las Vegas box today and while I might not like all of the items, I think it gave a really good Vegas theme. I cancelled my subscription soon after signing up because I was afraid I wouldn't like the box, but I am thinking of re-subscribing to the Escape Mini box. 

I got my Las Vegas box today and while I might not like all of the items, I think it gave a really good Vegas theme. I cancelled my subscription soon after signing up because I was afraid I wouldn't like the box, but I am thinking of re-subscribing to the Escape Mini box. 
 I felt the same about the Vegas box. I only kept the toffee (soo good!) and gave the rest to a friend whose hubby loves Vegas. I thought about cancelling this month, but stuck with it. Fingers crossed the India box is a good one!

Oh, and someone posted on their FB page they were hoping for Japan or Paris next and Escape commented "your wish might just come true in August." 

I felt the same about the Vegas box. I only kept the toffee (soo good!) and gave the rest to a friend whose hubby loves Vegas. I thought about cancelling this month, but stuck with it. Fingers crossed the India box is a good one!

Oh, and someone posted on their FB page they were hoping for Japan or Paris next and Escape commented "your wish might just come true in August." 
I loved the Vegas box although I didn't like my shot glass's design as much as some of the others, but it wasn't a big deal to me in the long run...

They've been hinting about a Paris/France box for a few months now...

They just released a few spoilers for the Paris box: hand cream from the Institut Karité Paris worth $26 dollars and a Rick Steve's Pocket Paris guidebook. Interesting that they are switching from Moon guides to Rick Steve.

They are also doing a $50 special anniversary box--best products of all of the past boxes

http://escapemonthly.com/deals/anniversary-box/

Rick Steve's I am sure is much cheaper. Smarter for them. I just hope the quality is there. I will be really curious how the Escape to Paris compares with 1000 places Paris. 

Latest posts

Back