Escape Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maybe someone who got the New York box can answer my question: how is the chocolate sauce. Is it delicious or just okay? The reason I am wondering is because if it is really good I might decide to buy the New York box. (There are some boxes left according to their site.)
Loved it! It was the second thing I finished off (the first being the gourmet shortbread cookies - not the taxi ones). Personally I love fudge so the fudge sauce that they included was hands down my favorite thing. Everything else was just okay to me. XD

Quote: Originally Posted by ikecarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got this email from Escape Monthly today, in case anyone's interested in some spoilers!
I waited to join as I wasn't thrilled with the thought of a NY box, so very excited that the next destination is Ireland! Can't wait to get my first box!

I just signed up for my first box and used the Groupon deal.  I hope we get great things in the box!  I'm excited!

Quote: Originally Posted by Superfish19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received an email saying my box shipped. Next month is Mexico.
Hm... I would have thought May would have been Mexico, May having  Cinco de Mayo and all.

Eeeek mine too!  I already cancelled the account so I wouldn't automatically be charged for April.  I want to see if I feel the box is worth $50 before continuing.

I got mine with the plum code for 25. I believe they had Mexico as the next city on the website. I could be wrong. Mexico for May would make more sense. I'm going to cancel. 50 is way too much for me.

My Ireland box's tracking has picked up!  Originating from Oregon, and it weighs FOUR POUNDS!!!

Anyone else have updated tracking?

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My Ireland box's tracking has picked up!  Originating from Oregon, and it weighs FOUR POUNDS!!!

Anyone else have updated tracking?
Mine is the same! I am so excited about this one
yess.gif

Me too @mstlcmn !!!  I wish they'd give me an estimated delivery date, but because mine has to go all the way across the US, I'm pretty sure someone else will get theirs first!

Mine is scheduled to be delivered today! Finally a sub that doesn't take 2 weeks to get from the other side of the country to me. This will be my first box.

The retail prices add up to $78.08.  The individual prices are about what I'd expect to pay in a gift or specialty shop, except for the lotion.  I don't see anything in the list of ingredients that makes this 3.3 oz tube worth $31.49.

The shortbread is delicious 
icon_smile.gif

THANK YOU!!!!

My thoughts (prior to receiving the box):

LOVE the food items!  Hubby loves coffee, I love tea, we both love shortbread, the soda bread mix will be a fun thing to do with the kids, and chocolate is ALWAYS welcome.

On the non-food items... slightly more meh.  The guidebook is pretty cool, hubby will definitely like it.  Hoping I can keep those shamrock seeds alive, I have a black thumb.  And the lotion will absolutely depend on how it well it works after a few uses.  It better be miraculous at that price!!  I do kind of wish there was more of an emphasis on non-food items, but it's not a surprise after seeing reviews of last month's New York box.

Thanks so much for sharing! I really appreciate it!

From what I can see thus far, I like this box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tea is HUGE in Ireland. We don't just drink it in the afternoon/evening (which is dubbed "tea time") we drink it in the morning...and evening..and night. We drink a lot of tea, haha. Very happy to have more! Back home we add in milk and a spoon of sugar...heavenly. <3

Shortbread is popular back home (helloooo Walkers) so I'm happy to have those. 

The soda bread mix already has my mom using her shifty eyes, haha. We use the family recipe that's been passed down for decades, so we'll see if this mix measures up. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think that's coffee? I drink a lot of coffee, so that's fine. Kinda nothing special for me. I used to work at Starbucks and have a huuuuge coffee stash. This will probably be gifted.

Chocolate is chocolate. And I'm TOTALLY ok with it, haha. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Butler's isn't my favorite from back home, but it will be devoured!

I've never heard of that lotion or brand before. I have a lot of other lotions open right now, but it will get used up eventually.

I knew there would be shamrock seeds! Shamrocks are pretty durable, so I wouldn't worry too much about killing them. I kill fake flowers and I still keep my shamrocks alive, haha. They do tend to...spread. So be careful. 

Overall, I'm pleased. Kind of wish there was less of a focus on food. Don't get me wrong, I'm a TOTAL foodie and everything will be used, but there are so many things that I can think of that would have made this box refelct Ireland a bit more. I don't think it's worth the $50; I'm glad I paid $25. This box was fun to try, though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@EevieK  that's exactly how I drink my tea!  Now I'm even more excited to try the "Gift of the Gab"! (and I love that name!)

I'm glad to hear that the shamrock seeds are durable.  I think I'll only grow them indoors, my hubby is *very* particular about our lawn (can't blame him, really, our whole neighborhood is full of lawn fanatics and they all feed off of each other.  I just roll my eyes, lol).  But it'll be a great science project for the kiddos!

I wish they had given us just ONE thing that could have been kept permanently.  Aside from a book, I mean.  Especially because tour guides become obsolete very quickly.  But, I'm glad i got to try this box for $25.  It's not something I'll sign up for on a permanent basis, but it was very fun to try!

We'll not a fan of tea or coffee. But I can keep them for gifts. Definetly glad I canceled and only tried it for 24.99. But $50 I'd be quite bummed.

I got the $25 deal off of groupon with the idea that I would order the March box. But after seeing the spoilers weeks ago, I decided to wait for a different month. Now that they've announced the next destination as Mexico, I guess I'll be waiting another month. I live in Texas and that is just too close to Mexico to get really excited about a Mexico box. Here's to hoping May is more enticing!!

Back