Escape Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the mini box comment. If they did a smaller one for $15 -$20 I would definitely try that out. This just has a bit too much in it for me to want every month.

I really enjoyed my Hawaii box loved the chocolate specially since my parents had brought me hello kitty ones from that company back in 2011 when they went to Hawaii. Some of the items will be used as Christmas gifts for my parents but I can't wait to use the bath salts just wish it had been a Hawaiian scent not Oregon rain

Just checked my box I think the lotion was supposed to be a body wash its the scent and company that was supposed to be body wash. My box had a Ostara organics oatmeal and honey soap that looks like it was my mystery gift since its not listed. I wish they would have sent body wash instead of the lotion like the info card said but maybe they ran out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, I guess I didn't get a bonus. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did both things, too. I saw on their FB page that some people got sachets. 

I'm a little frustrated that instead of the full sized body wash that they had in the pamphlet for $9.95, a lot of people got a sample sized lotion worth only $2.00. And the Honey Girl Face and Eye Cream is only $30.99, so I'm not sure why they would write $62. That's stretching it a little too far. Not to mention the facial buff pad is $1.26, not $7.00.

I actually like this month's box more than I thought I would and I'll definitely use most of the items I got. I just don't like it when companies make up inflated prices, it makes them seem really untrustworthy. 

Also, I didn't get any bonus items either and I did both things as well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, I just got a reply from CS that everyone got the tiny lotion instead of the shower gel. They completely ignored my question about the bonuses and seem to be ignoring everyone on FB. I asked CS about the bonus again. It's stupid, but if you advertise it,it's nice to get it, especially since some people did get things.

I sent an email about a damaged item and also asked about the bonuses, and they just ignored the bonuses part. At least they'll send me a replacement for the body butter that leaked everywhere. 

I'm glad they finally sent out an email to everyone about the small lotion bottles, but it would have been nice if we had gotten emails explaining the situation beforehand. I probably would be more sympathetic and understanding if they had done a better job with the communication. It's a shame, because I really like the concept of Escape Monthly. I hope they get their act together with customer service and all. 

Heart to Heart Deals and Reviews is removing her review of Escape Monthly from her #YouTube channel. Read why.
https://www.facebook.com/HeartToHeartDealsAndReviews/posts/680329288646160

Sorry about this rant but I don't like doing reviews for companies that lie to their subscribers. I am removing the Escape Monthly review from my youtube. This is why: Yes it is a good company I don't think the value is worth the 49.95 though. Also I got an email today saying they misprinted the card bc it said we were supposed to get the coconut body wash full size but they sent out a lotion sample. Well then on facebook they said bc of the messup they were sending it out in next month box. So I asked them since I unsubscribed and was supposed to get it in this box would they send it to me since they are the one that messed up they said since I unsubscribed they couldn't. Which is crappy bc that is one product that was supposed to be in my box that wasn't. So I DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT recommend Escape Monthly, very bad customer service and they do not fix the problems they created!

they're being weird about the bonus, telling me there was no bonus but the tea. But why would everyone get a bonus when they said you'd get a bonus for doing this or that? Also some people got this or that as an extra. It makes me wonder...  If you're not going to send them, don't offer. 

I am also irritated by the inflated pricing, and the back & forth. Another subscription box reviewer had to resort to the BBB to get the giveaway box sent out to her winner (fortunately mine received hers). I think the box itself is fine, it's just a weird company. I think they overestimated their market (that huge huge blogger blitz where everyone in the world gave away a box). Has anyone redeemed the vacation? What's the catch? Because I don't know if they really have enough subscribers to foot the bill. 

I got another reply from customer service. The tea, which everyone recieved and was printed on the card, was aparently the bonus for both sharing the promo and posting the photo. I don't think that's entirely fair. Aparently the soaps, sachets, and lip balms other people recieved werea seperate promotion. I canceled. I don't feel like I should have to spend days with CS to get an answer. I feel a little betrayed, between the switcheroo with the lotion and this gift fisaco. They def have a communication problem. I really wanted the Vermont box, but this is uncool. 

Did anyone get the vermont box? I looked it up and I'm glad I canceled. It looked "meh" to me. I have to admit, I'm tempted by their holiday box. I have to just. say. no.

Probably should have looked at this thread before subscribing... but I couldn't resist the 50% code... and New York! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here's to hoping that it's a good month! Are people still subscribed to Escape Monthly? XD 

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  New York is this months box?
Yes!

Yep - i unsubscribed over December and was sooo pissed I missed the Italy box. I re-subbed. I also get hammock pack, and I'm thinking i'm going to unsub from hammock pack and just keep escape box. The value has been higher and i'm using almost everything they send. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by ikecarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Probably should have looked at this thread before subscribing... but I couldn't resist the 50% code... and New York! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here's to hoping that it's a good month! Are people still subscribed to Escape Monthly? XD 
I probably should've looked at this thread before subscribing as well... but I couldn't resist the 50% off code either. I'm sad I missed the cutoff date for New York. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Rory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I probably should've looked at this thread before subscribing as well... but I couldn't resist the 50% off code either. I'm sad I missed the cutoff date for New York. 
I have to say, their customer service has been amazing so far! I was a little confused with the way they process their payment, but they were super friendly and their response time was super fast. 

PS: according to their CS, the destination for next month is Ireland!

Back