Escape Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a good company. I was subscribed and the customer service is good. It just wasn't for me. I would be happier with one maybe two food products per box. Usually it's half the box or more. I was getting the $50 one for the $40 price. The value wasn't there and neither was the curation. I think they will get better though. I really would like it if they did 1-2 food, 2-3 spa/beauty, 1 trinket/home, 1 fashion. The India box was really lacking. If they had put in a scarf and a Indian inspired home decor item instead of 2 or 3 of the food items I would have been much happier. a tiny colorful keepsake box from India for rings would have been better than that popcorn and ghee.

I have a feeling they save the best for their luxe boxes and those are probably better to get than a monthly sub. I think the last one was 60 or 70$ I haven't gotten one but I saw what some people got.

This is a good company. I was subscribed and the customer service is good. It just wasn't for me. I would be happier with one maybe two food products per box. Usually it's half the box or more. I was getting the $50 one for the $40 price. The value wasn't there and neither was the curation. I think they will get better though. I really would like it if they did 1-2 food, 2-3 spa/beauty, 1 trinket/home, 1 fashion. The India box was really lacking. If they had put in a scarf and a Indian inspired home decor item instead of 2 or 3 of the food items I would have been much happier. a tiny colorful keepsake box from India for rings would have been better than that popcorn and ghee.
That's why I didnt take any deals after India.  Even at a low price, a box that felt like it was 75% food/scent wasn't worth it for me. I made that comment on a fb post and the woman that started the post blocked me.  LOL. Well, I actually asked if it was mostly food. Then she blocked me.  Sheesh.  India could have been so much better. I've been. I know how inexpensive some lovely items could have been.  

I know that's what I said! You can get so many beautiful things at a great value from India. That could have been jam packed with goodies, instead they chose Indian inspired items made in the USA. So confusing. That's not right you got blocked like that.

My experience was good with them except that I didn't like the items enough to pay that amount. France was my last box, I have to say those biscuits were really really good. I got 2 of the same product instead of the one I should have and even though I cancelled a box arrived a couple days ago with my item AND more of those biscuits in a different even better flavor. That made me very happy.

I have a feeling they save the best for their luxe boxes and those are probably better to get than a monthly sub. I think the last one was 60 or 70$ I haven't gotten one but I saw what some people got.
They've only done one luxe box, which was for India. They've done other special boxes, like for the holidays, their one year anniversary, and a chocolate box around Valentine's Day...

Does anyone have tracking information yet?  I was going to cancel right after I got a tracking e-mail but I haven't received one yet.  (I got a one-month deal through Rue La La.)

Does anyone have tracking information yet?  I was going to cancel right after I got a tracking e-mail but I haven't received one yet.  (I got a one-month deal through Rue La La.)
If you want to cancel, you don't have to wait. You have to email [email protected] and say you want to cancel after the Sept box. You'll get an email back asking why and if you are sure, you then have to say 'yes, you are sure,' and then you get a cancellation confirmation. It'll take a few days. (Yes, it's kind of annoying!)

The October box is London, in case you've not heard.

I don't know what is up with this sub.. They charged me I august and than again this month. So far charged twice and no box has come. I have wrote them many times and they never really answer me. I got an email saying your boxes will ship soon.   I cancelled but I still have the 2 charges  I will see what they do

If you want to cancel, you don't have to wait. You have to email [email protected] and say you want to cancel after the Sept box. You'll get an email back asking why and if you are sure, you then have to say 'yes, you are sure,' and then you get a cancellation confirmation. It'll take a few days. (Yes, it's kind of annoying!)
Thanks, I've sent them an e-mail.  Appreciate the explanation.  $50 a month really isn't in the budget for me, even if it's something I end up loving.

I skipped this month. What'd you get? I resubscribed already for London/Oct. though!
I don't know how to do spoilers anymore but I posted a pic on Instagram, same name as here but basically it is travel book, food, and that eye pillow they kept pushing  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know how to do spoilers anymore but I posted a pic on Instagram, same name as here but basically it is travel book, food, and that eye pillow they kept pushing  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hmmm... I guess they went back to the Moon guides. I thought after Paris they were switching to Rick Steves. Not feeling disapointed I didn't get this one!

Horrible box. I am really confused because I cancelled in august before they charged me and I got a box today. I was not charged last month I went back into my card statement to check if they charged me and last charge was in July for Paris. If I had paid 40 or 50 for this I would be outraged. And I'm even kind of mad I got it because now im super confused. I signed in on the site and it says my sub is active but I'm almost positive I wasn't charged. Ugh

This was my first box and I was really disappointed!  I just visited Puerto Rico last March and I know they could have done better than this.  Some of the retail values are inflated.  In addition to the guide there were 6 other small items and I emphasize small and  1 medium item.  I am looking forward to London.  I have a 4 month sub and doubt I will continue after that.  This box was not good, especially considering how it was quite late.  Next month I get Yogi surprise and I am looking forward to seeing what that holds.  A lot of my boxes this month have been disappointments and I will probably be quitting at least 5 of them.

This was my first box and I was really disappointed!  I just visited Puerto Rico last March and I know they could have done better than this.  Some of the retail values are inflated.  In addition to the guide there were 6 other small items and I emphasize small and  1 medium item.  I am looking forward to London.  I have a 4 month sub and doubt I will continue after that.  This box was not good, especially considering how it was quite late.  Next month I get Yogi surprise and I am looking forward to seeing what that holds.  A lot of my boxes this month have been disappointments and I will probably be quitting at least 5 of them.
 I agree with you

I think this is my fourth month with them and the first stinker of a box. I don't think it's a bad track record though and I'm looking forward to what they do for London.

Latest posts

Back