FabFitFun Spring 2014 Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have a conversation with you. How are you today? How many posts do you have to have to swap? What is your favorite sub? Please answer the 3 separate questions in three separate message. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Fav sub so far is citrus lane (for my son). I liked FFF this month and really liked popsugar this month. Getting social bliss next month and hoping I will love it. Not going to get popsugar unless I love the spoiler. What is your fav sub????

Fav sub so far is citrus lane (for my son). I liked FFF this month and really liked popsugar this month. Getting social bliss next month and hoping I will love it. Not going to get popsugar unless I love the spoiler. What is your fav sub????
My favorite is Popsugar, by far. I got each of my little nieces a 6 month sub to Citrus Lane when I first started learning about subs. They really like it.

Too funny...I wasn't impressed with the shower bombs so I gave the last one to my boyfriend.  He just texted me telling me used it tonight but it didn't blow up.  He said he even threw it hard on the shower floor to try to get it to explode to release the scent...lol...I told him next time I give him fancy products to try I'll make sure to include directions hahaha made my night!

Quote: Originally Posted by Laurenv78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Too funny...I wasn't impressed with the shower bombs so I gave the last one to my boyfriend.  He just texted me telling me used it tonight but it didn't blow up.  He said he even threw it hard on the shower floor to try to get it to explode to release the scent...lol...I told him next time I give him fancy products to try I'll make sure to include directions hahaha made my nigh
Holy moly!! love it!! 
icon_lol.gif

^^^^ very cute!!!

I just know I would feel silly every time I wore it so better for me to pass it along to someone who can pull off that look :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

^^^^ very cute!!! I just know I would feel silly every time I wore it so better for me to pass it along to someone who can pull off that look :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah, couldn't really rock the turband. Though I think it looks so cute in everyone else. Baby steps on this whole embracing fashion thing for me. Just 6 months ago I wouldn't have dreamed of carrying around a pink purse, now I found myself actively seeking out a swap for the bliss box one. So, baby steps.

I've had a chance to play with everything, now!

Still haven't figured out how to make the turband look less silly on me, but I'm working on it. I have an awkward hair length for things like this! (Just below chin).

The shower bombs are kind of pointless, to me. I could barely smell them and, meh...I'd rather have had a bath bomb.

However, everything else in the box is awesome and getting regular use!

Yes I have!!! I actually needed to join a larger swap group to be able to post and that was the problem. One of the mods helped me out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes I have!!! I actually needed to join a larger swap group to be able to post and that was the problem. One of the mods helped me out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Awesome! Swapping here is great. I also recommend the my subscription addiction swap site. You're usually sure to find what you want between this site and that one.

I've had the opportunity to try everything but the primer (I juuuust got a benefit primer, so I'm saving this one for now!)...

Overall, I think I really like everything! The Kai isn't my cup of tea, but my Aunt really likes it, so I'll pass it on to her!

I've spent a lot of time wearing my turband around my apartment (including my MUT pic), but haven't worn it out yet...it might end up in my beach/boat bag for the summer!

The primer is great!  I was surprised how much I like it.  The fact that it has sun protection is an added bonus.

Quote: Originally Posted by windermerwmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The primer is great!  I was surprised how much I like it.  The fact that it has sun protection is an added bonus.
uh-oh....maybe I'll be trying to use up the Benefit Big Easy a little quicker so I can open up the FFF primer! I also just got a little sample of the supergoop  cc cream in my Birchbox that says it can be a primer/light coverage...I went from never using primer to being in primer overload!

I was surprised how well that glove thingy worked. I love it. My skin is super soft. Not one sign of chicken skin on the back of my arms. The turband...it looks goofy on me but I can see me wearing it to the pool with some large sunglasses. Primer with sunscreen...awesome. overall, I liked the box. It was my first one and I will try it a few more times. I've ordered Pop Sugar for the first time. If I like it I may give up my Birchbox. I'm starting to get a little box crazy. My favorite so far is Stitch Fix. Any suggestions for great box subscriptions?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sputinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone received a turband in any print other than black or navy polka dot, black or white cherries, or floral? The original "value" in the spoiler email was $48-$135, but I think we've only seen $48 ones going out, not that I'm complaining as I still think it's a great value.

I don't really mind the fact that the turbands cost $48 because they are made in the USA and I personally find the quality to be nice. I understand that you can DIY them but some of their more interesting prints are probably pretty expensive fabric on their own (I'm looking at the palm leaf one that's making me drool, ugh).
One important thing to know when shopping made in the US is that you can put that label on anything you add ONE piece to.  So just adding their brand tag on the front would qualify it as "made in the US", even if the fabric, wires and the assembly of it came from somewhere else.  (Working towards my Masters in Business with an emphasis in Marketing, these little tricks are popular and was the subject of one of my finals.)  The owner reports just 10-20 US employees but report revenue in the $1-5m range and have international sales along with selling in large stores like Urban Outfitters.  To put it in context, it would mean at the max employees and minimum revenue, each employee is responsible for creating $50,000 worth of products annually (assuming every single employee is only to create pieces which is highly unlikely).   I don't know about the other fabrics but mine is just a poly blend (the white with black polka dots and cherries).  It's not that expensive for remnants of that type and it's better for hair pieces (as opposed to more expensive 100% cotton) because it will resist oils from hair and build up from hair product.

Back