FabFitFun Spring 2014 Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your daughter is too cute!! I couldn't pull off the turban... so I'm giving it to a coworkers daughter who loves this style. As long as someone is getting use out of it! =) I actually really love the shower bombs! So relaxing!

I am obsessed with the turband look, so send em my way ladies!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But they do have much, much cheaper ones at HotTopic.  They are only around $5-6 and they do not have the wire in them.

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm pretty disappointed because these aren't really much better quality than the 99 cent "Bunny Ear Headbands" I bought a year ago from China on eBay. XD I actually like the ones from ebay more because they are thinner and I can wear them wire side down, you know, just do them up opposite and have the "bunny ear" portion behind your head, under your hair. The Turband wires are too long so it feels uncomfortable. e__e I don't like wearing them "ear side up" because it looks stupid on me. XD;

If anyone is interested in cheapo turbands, go to ebay and search "Bunny Ear Headband" and sort price low to high, buy it now. They're... cheap. And almost exactly the same thing. You can try buying one for just 99 cents, free shipping.

IMO, $48 is kind of a rip-off. I for some reason didn't think these have wires in them and were kinda like head scarves, but seeing they have the wires, I don't like it much. Maybe if they were $20, but not $48. The quality isn't better enough.

I might just take the wire out and wear it as a head scarf. I just need to see if it is long enough to do that.

Thanks for this info!  Just bought a couple on ebay 
smile.gif

Ok sooooo I got my box and am soooooooooo disappointed in my box. ( although I did get it in the house before hubby saw , cuz of course he had to work from home today....) The turban was the floral one with the prominent colors of orange, pink and blue. I was hoping for a polka dot.one......sans cherries. The shower bombs.....ugh! They remind me of Vicks! Not a fan The shower mitt- ehhhh ill use it but would've preferred something else The cover fx can't use, I can't use anything with SPF The Kai, it's ok but I'm afraid to use it since I get migraines The ball.....well already got one this month The dry shampoo ok I'll make use of that.... Sigh. I guess this is what happens when you look forward to something too much Looks like I'll hit the swap boards or try to eBay the stuff

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm pretty disappointed because these aren't really much better quality than the 99 cent "Bunny Ear Headbands" I bought a year ago from China on eBay. XD I actually like the ones from ebay more because they are thinner and I can wear them wire side down, you know, just do them up opposite and have the "bunny ear" portion behind your head, under your hair. The Turband wires are too long so it feels uncomfortable. e__e I don't like wearing them "ear side up" because it looks stupid on me. XD;

If anyone is interested in cheapo turbands, go to ebay and search "Bunny Ear Headband" and sort price low to high, buy it now. They're... cheap. And almost exactly the same thing. You can try buying one for just 99 cents, free shipping.

IMO, $48 is kind of a rip-off. I for some reason didn't think these have wires in them and were kinda like head scarves, but seeing they have the wires, I don't like it much. Maybe if they were $20, but not $48. The quality isn't better enough.

I might just take the wire out and wear it as a head scarf. I just need to see if it is long enough to do that.

You could cut a small hole in the corner of the seam and take the wire out, and sew it back together. I considered doing this, but I kind of like the structure of the wire.

Wanted to share for those of you that don't like the turband. I wear it upside down with the knot at the bottom and the smooth side on top.
So cute! . I just love it! I love the turbans and think they are awesome and add a neat touch to our hair style! Can't wait to get mine! Oh I think you look like Kelli Martin in this picture. Actress from Hallmark channels Mystery Woman movies. So cute!

So cute! . I just love it! I love the turbans and think they are awesome and add a neat touch to our hair style! Can't wait to get mine! Oh I think you look like Kelli Martin in this picture. Actress from Hallmark channels Mystery Woman movies. So cute!
I do too! I've always liked scarfs and fun headbands especially on sunny days. Thanks for the sweet compliment. :heart:

My FFF and Nina Garcia boxes both came today so it sort of felt like I was comparing them when I opened them.

FFF thoughts--my two favorite things were the mitt and the shower bombs.  I got cherry-patterned turband which is so not me, so I think that will go up for swap but overall, I'm feel satisfied with the FFF box.  For the price point and the mix of stuff--both in terms of type and "newness" to me, I think it's very good value.  On the other hand, I LOVED the first Nina Garcia box but wasn't wowed by this one even though it had 15 items.  

I got my box yesterday!

I'm really pretty happy with it. 

I got the floral turband - the cherries or dots would have been more my style, but this one will be cute with a simple springy dress, I think. Still figuring out how to best wear it, but I like it.

The ball would have been more exciting if I hadn't just gotten one from PS, but I need to use them so it's cool. I still need a bigger one, though!

The primer, I'm not terribly excited about because I never use face primers, but really, I should probably start using them.

The chips were okay, the mitt is great, and I have used those shower bombs and find them a little pointless, but they do feel nice to breathe in when my allergies are bad. Overall, I'd have liked a jewelry or makeup item more, but not a bad box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

pretty happy with my box! the kai and dry shampoo alone make it worth the money for me.i tried the dry shampoo this morning and i love it!i have the suave spray one and the oscar blandi powder and don't really like them.this morning though, i brushed my hair and sprayed it over my roots for about a 3 count and let it dry for 5 minutes or so, shook it out and voila!no icky roots and all nice and fluffy:)glad i got 2 boxes so i can stock up!the primer, we shall see.chemical sunscreens tend to break me out.the turband looks so cute on everyone! i wish i could wear it but unfortunately, i would look criminally insane.i have the cream one with polka dots and cherries that alot of gals have if anyone wants to trade!i do wish there was a necklace or something in there but all in all a nice box!

I feel so spring right now! Hehe. I'm not in love with this look but I actually got a mix bag of compliments and polite jokes about it. All fun. Apparently I look like a 60s pop star? Hmm.

I'm disappointed, I got my box today and my turband has a huge hole in it with the wire sticking out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> has this happened to anyone else?

Quote: Originally Posted by gncoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm disappointed, I got my box today and my turband has a huge hole in it with the wire sticking out
frown.gif
has this happened to anyone else?
Oh no.  I would be disappointed too.  Contact FFF.  I would think they would send you a replacement.  It might be good to send them a picture if you can.  How did you like the rest of the box?

That's just what I'm going to do!! Hopefully they will send a replacement because I actually really like it and thought it was cute, I got the black with cherries. I really enjoyed the rest of the box too. Pleasantly surprised by the Kai, normally florals give me headaches but it is light and airy enough I can see it becoming a new go to scent for me this summer. I was actually super excited for the shower bombs. The mitt, primer, and dry shampoo are a plus for me since I was planning on buying similar items before I found out what we were getting. The only thing was the turband having a big hole. Otherwise overall this box is a win for me, so I'm happy!!

I still haven't gotten my box yet nor have I received a shipping notice. I know sometimes they don't send out the shipping notices until after arrival (happened once to me before), but I got that box around the time most others were getting theirs. Should I be worried?

Hi all! I'm relatively new to this but I just got my Spring box and I'm not too thrilled with the turband. I really want to like it, but I think I'd benefit by trading it. I have the floral one. Any takers?

Hi all! I'm relatively new to this but I just got my Spring box and I'm not too thrilled with the turband. I really want to like it, but I think I'd benefit by trading it. I have the floral one. Any takers?
I just PMd u my trade list :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello! I'm a total newbie and this was my first fabfitfun box. I really want the salmon/coral with white polka dots turband and would be willing to trade my black with white polka dots for one. Please let me know if you're interested!

Latest posts

Back