FabFitFun Spring 2014 Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by vivianjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Long, long, looooong time lurker around here. Noticed that no one has posted the spoiler yet for FFF Spring yet! So without further ado...

"CULT GAIA TURBANDS ($38-$135). SIGN UPFOR FABFITFUN'S VIP BOX, A SEASONAL GIFT BOX VALUED AT $175+, TO RECEIVE ONE OF THESE ON-TREND TURBANDS. USE CODE "ZOE" AND YOU'LL GET ALL OF THE GLAM GOODIES INSIDE FOR JUST $45."

Check them out on The Zoe Report. I think they're adorable!

http://thezoereport.com/cult-gaia-turbands/

This is the kind of thing that I always think is adorable... On someone else. I just really don't think I can pull that off. This will be my first FFF so I hope something else great comes in it that will balance out this item, for me. But heck maybe I'll get it and wear it and fall totally in love with it!? Who knows!

So I just saw the Rachel Zoe spoiler (FYI, use the code ZOE for $5 off) an couldn't resist and signed up for the spring box. I am becoming addicted to sub boxes and am super excited for this box! Anyone know when it would shi

Quote: Originally Posted by greer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I just saw the Rachel Zoe spoiler (FYI, use the code ZOE for $5 off) an couldn't resist and signed up for the spring box. I am becoming addicted to sub boxes and am super excited for this box! Anyone know when it would shi
I asked them and they said it will ship in March, not sure when they will charge us. 

The turban scares me because I am not that fashion forward. I would still love to sign up though. Does anyone know when the cutoff date for signing up for the next box is?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The turban scares me because I am not that fashion forward. I would still love to sign up though. Does anyone know when the cutoff date for signing up for the next box is?
They will most likely be selling them right up to the box shipping, judging by previous boxes. Of course this spoiler is really good so the box may sell faster than normal. They will usually post on Facebook when the box is nearly sold out.

Hmm...I can't usually wear headbands (they slide off my apparently weird shaped head) and this is kind of out of my comfort zone...but I am working on revamping my style (and actually building a wardrobe, mine is pathetic and I live in scrubs and pajamas) so this will be something fun and new for me to try. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hmm...I can't usually wear headbands (they slide off my apparently weird shaped head) and this is kind of out of my comfort zone...but I am working on revamping my style (and actually building a wardrobe, mine is pathetic and I live in scrubs and pajamas) so this will be something fun and new for me to try. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I like your new picture, that haircut is cute on you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Don't be afraid to try a new look. I always wanted to go fire engine/ Ariel red with my hair and go pinup with my style. It took my manager at LUSH basically yelling at me to just go for  it for me to muster up the courage and do it. I changed my hair back, but I love trying out a new style. Little by little, haha.

Quote: Originally Posted by EevieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like your new picture, that haircut is cute on you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Don't be afraid to try a new look. I always wanted to go fire engine/ Ariel red with my hair and go pinup with my style. It took my manager at LUSH basically yelling at me to just go for  it for me to muster up the courage and do it. I changed my hair back, but I love trying out a new style. Little by little, haha.

Thank you!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just cut quite a bit off of it!

It's funny, I will wear pretty much any makeup you throw at me, any color. The scrubs I wear to work are bright obnoxious patterns, bright colors, cartoon characters...I wear bright crazy shoes...I have had my hair nearly every color (but have stopped coloring it)...

but when it comes to "real person" clothes and accessories other than bracelets and necklaces, I am useless! I imagine it is because, as a plus sized girl, it's hard to find cute things that fit and look good, and it gets so frustrating that I just gave up! But...working on it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

At least you get to wear fun scrubs! I'm stuck in OR blue with a white lab coat every single day. Lol Cant even wear fun nail polish :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And yea, after works it's into sweatpants for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Verissmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At least you get to wear fun scrubs! I'm stuck in OR blue with a white lab coat every single day. Lol Cant even wear fun nail polish
frown.gif

And yea, after works it's into sweatpants for me.

haha, true! The fun of working in a children's home! Still feel frumpy living in scrubs,though! But when I worked at the hospital, I had to wear solid khaki colored scrubs. I looked like a potato. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I feel your pain, lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just cut quite a bit off of it!

It's funny, I will wear pretty much any makeup you throw at me, any color. The scrubs I wear to work are bright obnoxious patterns, bright colors, cartoon characters...I wear bright crazy shoes...I have had my hair nearly every color (but have stopped coloring it)...

but when it comes to "real person" clothes and accessories other than bracelets and necklaces, I am useless! I imagine it is because, as a plus sized girl, it's hard to find cute things that fit and look good, and it gets so frustrating that I just gave up! But...working on it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Have you spent anytime shopping on asos.com? Inmho, they have some great options for all sizes (with a dedicated curvy line), and have free shipping and returns -- that part always helps me buy crap I don't need.

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you spent anytime shopping on asos.com? Inmho, they have some great options for all sizes (with a dedicated curvy line), and have free shipping and returns -- that part always helps me buy crap I don't need.

I've browsed a few times, but I haven't tried anything! I'm always reluctant to buy clothes online until I've seen what they are like in person or pictures on "real people"...I really love ModCloth for that reason! They have a gallery where you can share pictures, and it links to the page of each item...so great to be able to see the clothes on different bodies and get an idea of how they might look in person! 

I'll definitely order from asos at some point, now, though! Thanks!

I imagine it is because, as a plus sized girl, it's hard to find cute things that fit and look good, and it gets so frustrating that I just gave up! But...working on it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I used to be a size 16 and have now dropped to a size 10 (not that the caramel macchiato I'm drinking right now is helping that LOL). I totally get how frustrating it is! I used to hide under frumpy sweaters and baggy jeans, but I never felt like "me". I dunno what changed, but I started wearing clothes that fit my figure a bit better and started going for hikes (I tried yoga but my balance is just....). I took an acting class (I'm a singer, but acting petrifies me) and my confidence went through the roof. I guess what I'm saying is "WORK DEM CURVES, GURL." More or less. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm totally one of those hippies that thinks everyone is a unique snowflake and should embrace who they are. You're a stunner and deserve nice clothes to match your nice scrubs!  Kohls has some cute stuff in a bunch of sizes. I think I've seen 00 to 28 there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I imagine it is because, as a plus sized girl, it's hard to find cute things that fit and look good, and it gets so frustrating that I just gave up! But...working on it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I used to be a size 16 and have now dropped to a size 10 (not that the caramel macchiato I'm drinking right now is helping that LOL). I totally get how frustrating it is! I used to hide under frumpy sweaters and baggy jeans, but I never felt like "me". I dunno what changed, but I started wearing clothes that fit my figure a bit better and started going for hikes (I tried yoga but my balance is just....). I took an acting class (I'm a singer, but acting petrifies me) and my confidence went through the roof. I guess what I'm saying is "WORK DEM CURVES, GURL." More or less. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm totally one of those hippies that thinks everyone is a unique snowflake and should embrace who they are. You're a stunner and deserve nice clothes to match your nice scrubs!  Kohls has some cute stuff in a bunch of sizes. I think I've seen 00 to 28 there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think the headwrap will be a great spring accessory!  You should use it to inspire some shopping for some great off-work, non-pajama outfits!

I second Kohl's!  A good 75-80% of my wardrobe is either thrift shop finds or Kohl's clearance rack.  Sign up for their emails, I wait for a 15-20% coupon to be emailed to me, then I go in, shop their clearance, and then you can use the extra coupon to take off the percentage ON TOP OF the clearance prices.  At the bottom of your receipt, they'll circle how much you saved that day (based off of the full retail price of the items).  My mantra is that if I'm not "saving" at least 3-4x the cost of what I'm spending, I'm not shopping at Kohl's right.

I'm not plus-size, but my hubby's aunt is, and she's my Kohl's shopping buddy.  They have an incredible range of styles and sizes, their stuff holds up really well, and they have a super-generous return policy if something doesn't work once you get it home.

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the headwrap will be a great spring accessory!  You should use it to inspire some shopping for some great off-work, non-pajama outfits!

I second Kohl's!  A good 75-80% of my wardrobe is either thrift shop finds or Kohl's clearance rack.  Sign up for their emails, I wait for a 15-20% coupon to be emailed to me, then I go in, shop their clearance, and then you can use the extra coupon to take off the percentage ON TOP OF the clearance prices.  At the bottom of your receipt, they'll circle how much you saved that day (based off of the full retail price of the items).  My mantra is that if I'm not "saving" at least 3-4x the cost of what I'm spending, I'm not shopping at Kohl's right.

I'm not plus-size, but my hubby's aunt is, and she's my Kohl's shopping buddy.  They have an incredible range of styles and sizes, their stuff holds up really well, and they have a super-generous return policy if something doesn't work once you get it home.
I would love to shop at Kohls more! Unforunately the closest one is an hour away, so it's an occasional thing for me!

I think the biggest problem with my wardrobe issues is that I live in a crappy small town with NOWHERE to shop...we have a Walmart and a very small Goodys (which has a few cute things, but I find those stores seem to think that anyone over a size 12 wants to dress like a grandma, so you really have to dig). So pretty much all of my shopping is online! And since I have a tight budget, I've been terrible about saying "well, I've made it this long with no clothes" and spending all my extra on makeup! I totally need to make it to Kohls to shop more. As is, I've been ordering most things from Target (I miss living near one) and Modcloth. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've browsed a few times, but I haven't tried anything! I'm always reluctant to buy clothes online until I've seen what they are like in person or pictures on "real people"...I really love ModCloth for that reason! They have a gallery where you can share pictures, and it links to the page of each item...so great to be able to see the clothes on different bodies and get an idea of how they might look in person! 

I'll definitely order from asos at some point, now, though! Thanks!

Ladies, there are so many options out there now for us curvy plus size gals...granted, not as many stores dedicated solely to us, but it's better than it used to be. ASOS & ModCloth have some great stuff.  I know that online shopping scares most of us - plus sized or not - but here are a few tips from someone who does the bulk of her clothing shopping online (especially since two of my favorite brick & mortar stores closed!). 

1. Read the reviews

2. Take note of the fabric content. I do this and then try to compare it to something in my closet. It gives you an idea of how it might lay on you, etc. 

3. Google images of the piece of clothing in question. I do this sometimes when the article of clothing on the website is not shown on what I consider to be a "plus size girl". You might find the item shown on an actual girl from a blog....which is how I stumbled upon this blog http://www.stylepluscurves.com/

I am giving Gwynnie Bee a whirl on a free trial subscription. The concept intrigues me, though I'm not sure I'll stick with it beyond the trial. 

Other places I like to shop at are: Simply Be, Kiyonna, Kristin Miles & Nordstrom. Of course there are a ton of other places like Macy's, IGIGI, Lane Bryant, Ashley Stewart...

Back