FrenchBox [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The following message was posted to Frenchbox's Facebook page today:

A quick update from FrenchBox:

We we will be communicating with our existing subscribers by email over the next 48 hours to provide a detailed update on their subscription status.
Pre-paid subscribers and people who purchased a gift subscription will be contacted individually with more details that address their specific situations.

February subscribers will be sent the two replacement products next week. We will post complete product information on our website when they ship.

We have resumed customer service; if you have sent us an email in the last 10 days, we will reply to you by the end of the week.

We thank you again for your patience.

I couldn't copy and paste the product photos so that they weren't HUGE but here is a description of the replacement products for the February box.

These replacement products share a common point: an enchanting smell!

* An exotic and delicate amber & vanilla hands scrub from La Sultane de Saba.
* A shower gel scented with Lanvin‘s timeless and elegant fragrance.

I checked my tracking and they were delivered today but I am at work so can't check them out until later :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Look pretty nice, I am intrigued by the hand scrub!

I finally received my replacement products (they were misplaced by the Post Office) and I have to say both products smell incredible !  If the hand scrub works I will be definitely buy more just for the scent.

I finally received my replacement products (they were misplaced by the Post Office) and I have to say both products smell incredible !  If the hand scrub works I will be definitely buy more just for the scent.
I really like the scent of the hand scrub. My husband loves the scent of the shower gel. He commented on how good I smelled after I used it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone heard from French Box???

Almost 1 month with no Face Book posts when that was their main means of communication is concerning!
If it were my business and I planned on keeping it open, I think I'd be making regular posts to keep people interested and bury the negative posts in the timeline. But that's just me.

I cancelled my sub but am still following this topic cause I'm curious about what will happen.

I have a very bad feeling about French Box going under at this point.

They finally answered a girl's post from a few days ago. She asked about her anual account and they told her to contact them via email for a refund.

To me this means they are getting ready to shut their doors and people with annual subs should get their refunds while they still can because companies do sometimes run with peoples money (Bondi comes to mind) and then they will need to file disputes with their credit card companies.

**UPDATE** My info isn't true, was just a feeling I was getting so don't think it's legIT> They have responded that they are working on next months box right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right after I posted my above comment I had gotten a reply to a comment I posted on Facebook asking for a status on their company. They said they are still a company, not closing, and 'hard at work making improvements' and will send an update soon.

Meh.

I have a very bad feeling about French Box going under at this point.

They finally answered a girl's post from a few days ago. She asked about her anual account and they told her to contact them via email for a refund.

To me this means they are getting ready to shut their doors and people with annual subs should get their refunds while they still can because companies do sometimes run with peoples money (Bondi comes to mind) and then they will need to file disputes with their credit card companies.
After I read your post I got afraid of loosing my money so I wrote to them asking for refund. They answered right away and told me they can refund me today and ask if it is my final decision. They are not going out of business and putting 30% extra on my annual sub. New box will be send next month.

After I read your post I got afraid of loosing my money so I wrote to them asking for refund. They answered right away and told me they can refund me today and ask if it is my final decision. They are not going out of business and putting 30% extra on my annual sub. New box will be send next month.
Yeah I am glad to see them finally responding about the issue but I still have my doubts. I don't want to be down on them but they broke their trust with me. I'd take my money back and run. I did update my initial post though so people wouldn't think they are shutting down thanks to what I said. But regardless I still don't trust them.

I for one am still in - they fixed their mistakes and the replacement products are great!  I hope they are able to turn this around. 

PS - if I were to judge a Company's viability by their lack of customer service then several very well known subscription boxes should have gone under a while ago.

I didn't cancel. They wrote they plan to send only great boxes from now on. I am actually excited for the next box!

I saw a comment on MSA today staying that the replacement products were also old/expired. One dated back to 2011? The comment referenced a prior discussion but didn't say where it happened (here, MSA?) or when. But the claim is that someone contacted one of the two companies and they confirmed the product was very old stock. Someone else apparently checked out the Lanvin as well and found out it was also no longer made. I had only gotten 2 boxes then cancelled after the last one. I would want confirmation of the age/origin of both items before I resubscribed, especially since there's an allegation that they replaced expired items with old stock.

I personally will be staying far away from this box until they can build up some integrity. The last box that they sent out was junk and they had issues with a few of the prior boxes and the box before the disaster box had sketchy nail polish in it too. They knew what they were doing and rather than being forthcoming and honest (Skandicrush box, LLB are examples that come to mind) and saying that they need to change their business model and/or take a break they just screwed their customers over instead and then feigned ignorance about the whole ordeal. 

The people that run French Box are dishonest. When a company (or a person for that matter) shows you who they are, believe them. 

French Box is shipping next week. The theme is "The Cannes Film Festival " In email they say about "an array of aromas, skincare and unique memorabilia"

I just got an email from Frenchbox today saying they aren't taking on new subscribers, but they're offering old subscribers a chance for this month's box which ships next week. I used to subscribe, but luckily my credit card was somehow declined and I missed the February box disaster. I haven't updated my credit card info yet, but I'm thinking about signing up... But now it's $36 and it should be a great box to make up for the disastrous February box. 

I decided to give them another shot. I really loved this box for a few months & it took the place of Glossybox for me, but if it's not the French version of Popsugar at that price, I'll be done.

Latest posts

Back