FrenchBox [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that hardly seems worth $20 let alone $36! Sample sizes in a full size priced box? In place of legit products? Never a good thing. I'm fine with samples in addition to but not in lieu of. Made in China/made in Korea junk is worth $0 in a French box to me (really, in any sub box for that matter, unless alibaba starts their own sub; I should bite my tongue). If I had an annual sub I'd definitely request a prorated refund for the balance for boxes yet to be sent.

I hope those with year long subs can cancel and get their money back for the boxes they didn't get. This sub started out so well and then nosedived... :\

This sub and ouiplease both  went downhill.  I have been dealing with both. I do find the customer service on  French box great and Ben has communicated with me and been lovely.  I cannot communicate with ouiplease they don't answer mail  ( at least mine)  I feel Ben from this box really cares and will try to make things right. I wish these boxes would offer refunds to the yearly customers since they are not forfilling there obligations

I have a yearly sub and am so on the fence.  I can't decide whether or not to request a refund or hope it will improve again.

Is anyone still subscribed to this box? Has anyone seen the July box yet? I'm super curious to see if it's better than the May box. 

I am subscribed for the year.  Did get the July box which definitely was not worth (to me) the new prices.

having read on the facebook page they said on I believe 25 july someone asked about july box release and they said within the next two weeks this does not sound good got a feeling they are gonna go under

I have gotten email from Frenchbox. Next box will ship 3rd week of August. They pushed the date back, waiting for some extra product for this box. And we will get email where we can choose design of it... maybe somebody can copy this mail, I can't on my phone...

I got the mail with choices!

Beauty products are really nice! Everything from Durance : two choices of eau de toilette, three choices of hand cream, three of body lotions, four of nourishing body oils, few essential oils and guests soaps. Full sizes I think.

Then there is a choice of 6 different pictures of Paris / oil picking etc.

I chose picture with Champs-Elysées and body oil with oil olive and honey.

FrenchBox is here :

20150822_115452.jpg

1.76 oz cookies 8 cookies
http://www.amazon.com/Pierre-Biscuiterie-French-Butter-Cookies/dp/B0050F39YE

everyone got to choose a beauty item in their box mine was 10.1 oz pump body cream
DURANCE

Cosmetics

View on www.duranceusa.com
Preview by Yahoo

1 thick cotton towel, design was choice offered in email
French Brand | Kitchen Linens, Tea Towels & Place Mats | Torchons et Bouchons

​

View on www.french-brand.com
Preview by Yahoo

1 single pen
Products

​

Products
4-Color ballpoint pen, convenience in one pen

View on www.bicworld.com
Preview by Yahoo

1 24 sheet book
Clairefontaine Staple Bound Notebook - Large, French Ruled

​

Clairefontaine Staple Bound Notebook - Large, French Rul...
Product Description Clairefontaine is known for its paper with the perfect satin finish for maximum smoothness in writing.

View on www.shopwritersbloc...
Preview by Yahoo

The last item is a small rolled "poster" titled notre dame cathedral at dusk by benh lieu song (note the photo showing in the link is not the one included in the wiki the correct photo is titled "Notre-Dame cathedral, on île de la Cité, in Paris"
User:Benh - Wikimedia Commons

​

My name is Benh LIEU SONG, and I live in the suburbs of Paris. I scarcely contribute by uploading pictures and sharing my opinion on FPC My Useful Links[edit] Wiki...

View on commons.wikimedia.org
Preview by Yahoo

1.76 oz cookies 8 cookies
http://www.amazon.com/Pierre-Biscuiterie-French-Butter-Cookies/dp/B0050F39YE

everyone got to choose a beauty item in their box mine was 10.1 oz pump body cream
DURANCE

Cosmetics

View on www.duranceusa.com
Preview by Yahoo

1 thick cotton towel, design was choice offered in email
French Brand | Kitchen Linens, Tea Towels & Place Mats | Torchons et Bouchons

​
         View on www.french-brand.com
Preview by Yahoo

1 single pen
Products

​

Products4-Color ballpoint pen, convenience in one pen

View on www.bicworld.com
Preview by Yahoo

1 24 sheet book
Clairefontaine Staple Bound Notebook - Large, French Ruled

​

Clairefontaine Staple Bound Notebook - Large, French Rul...Product Description Clairefontaine is known for its paper with the perfect satin finish for maximum smoothness in writing.

View on www.shopwritersbloc...
Preview by Yahoo

The last item is a small rolled "poster" titled notre dame cathedral at dusk by benh lieu song (note the photo showing in the link is not the one included in the wiki the correct photo is titled "Notre-Dame cathedral, on île de la Cité, in Paris"
User:Benh - Wikimedia Commons

​
         My name is Benh LIEU SONG, and I live in the suburbs of Paris. I scarcely contribute by uploading pictures and sharing my opinion on FPC My Useful Links[edit] Wiki...

View on commons.wikimedia.org
Preview by Yahoo

Thanks for sharing! I've been curious as to what would be in the box since their re-launch. Can't say I miss the box or not happy I canceled. I did like the box till their disastrous February box. The value isn't there for me either since they upped the price. 

The Bic Pen was ridiculous to include in a French Box.  The poster was a joke.  The notebook wasn't much better.  I haven't tried the cookies yet, so in total, the only things that were ok about this box were the ones they let us choose, and even that they got wrong, they sent me Poppy when I requested Fig.  I get that they were trying to carry out a theme, but this was a fail for me.  I wish there was something in the shop that I wanted enough to spend the balance of my annual sub on, but I just keep waiting it out, hoping it'll get better.  I do still like the actual box it's packaged in, not $36 worth of like, but it's a nice box.

I loved the August box.  The poster of Notre Dame is gorgeous and very well done.  The tea towel is so cute and I want to buy more of them.  The notebook is really interesting.  I plan to go the website and read more about how school kids use it.  I love the BIC.  I always wanted one when I was a kid but it's not the kind of thing I would buy myself.  Hopefully I can get to use it before one of my kids runs off with it.  I got the Olive Oil Hand and body creme.  It's big!  Glad I picked it.  I'm really pleased with the whole box this month.  

Back