GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the They're Real liner or mascara?  If it weren't for my super-cheap annual sub, this spoiler would probably have me re-thinking the next few months.

My Midsummer FGM sent me a They're Real mascara and I have 2 of the liners. Nails Inc. is another polish brand that has not impressed me much. And I've never met a Juice Beauty product that didn't (IMO) stink, literally. They work fine, but kind of like some Perricone, MD products, not well enough to put up with the smell.

I really dislike they're real because it's so hard to get off.

I'm hoping for variations in the nails inc color too! What color is that even supposed to be? Looks like the color of peeling paint! I'd love a fall color like burnt orange or deep purple.

I hope the Nails Inc goes out in different colors. I think that's "Colville Mews" from the Spring/Summer collection:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6500157

Honestly, I'm not too jazzed about this spoiler, but hope they give us a different August spoiler soon.
I hear ya, I'm kind of bummed out as well. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> With the exception of the (August) Kryolan highlighter, everything else is....meh!

Oh, and I got a Juice Beauty sunblock in one of my past Ipsy bags - it leaves the worst white cast EVER, Ugh! <_<

Is that the They're Real liner or mascara?  If it weren't for my super-cheap annual sub, this spoiler would probably have me re-thinking the next few months.

My Midsummer FGM sent me a They're Real mascara and I have 2 of the liners. Nails Inc. is another polish brand that has not impressed me much. And I've never met a Juice Beauty product that didn't (IMO) stink, literally. They work fine, but kind of like some Perricone, MD products, not well enough to put up with the smell.
I'm pretty sure it's the mascara. The liner sample packaging looks like this:

http://velvetblushx.blogspot.com/2014/07/benefit-theyre-real-push-up-liner-review.html (not my blog)

I really dislike they're real because it's so hard to get off.

I'm hoping for variations in the nails inc color too! What color is that even supposed to be? Looks like the color of peeling paint! I'd love a fall color like burnt orange or deep purple.
According to Nails Inc, it's a "latte nude" color (if indeed that is the right shade). In person, it looked more cement gray to me in the bottle.

Um someone needs to tell Glossybox that spoilers are supposed to be exciting! If I wasn't in a 12 month sub these wouldn;t get me to sign up. Most excited about nails inc, and I don't even like nail polish lol.

Um someone needs to tell Glossybox that spoilers are supposed to be exciting! If I wasn't in a 12 month sub these wouldn;t get me to sign up. Most excited about nails inc, and I don't even like nail polish lol.
I agree, I'm kind of sad I'm locked in for three. I'm right at that point of canceling glossybox.

Those spoilers look so boring - not 1 oz of me wants to sign back up with those spoilers.. Total Snooooozefest!!

U ladies should come jump on the sample society band wagon- allure mag is now the curator & the last 2 boxes have been AMAZING!!

These are the kinds of spoilers that will make me cancel my subscription. Nothing exciting or innovative in this bunch.

Yeah, those spoilers are about as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm irritated to be getting the August box since I canceled after July 15th. But glad I canceled then because I can't stand that They're Real mascara, don't do my nails cause I suck at it and need more moisturizer like I need a hole in my head, which is why I canceled to begin with.

And @@Shauna999 is right, the comparison to the relaunched Sample Society is not flattering to GB.

I'm looking forward to the highlighter and the juice beauty (I love the smell of their apple line!)

I can't get overly excited about mascara and don't like the quality of nail Inc. And after the pearly Angel white fiasco of the ciate, I'm not sure about another white-cream color.

I'm subscribed through December .. Not much to do about it anyways.

Glossybox is quickly becoming as cheaply curated as Ipsy is.

Did someone buy out Glossybox USA? I remember when we were waiting for our premiere boxes in 2012, it was said that the Glossybox UK had lots of low- end items in it.. Then our boxes arrived, and they were SO nice!!!

Now, I'd say the items are worth half what they used to be. 
( I absolutely do love the serum we got last month though).

Does anyone remember the silver tube of MARVIS toothpaste we got in a box as one of our products in the early months?  I was LOLing at it, but I used it and liked it. ( It 

wasn't sealed up like our toothpastes are and I worried about that, though).

Add me to the list of people who thinks Juice Beauty products STINK- like rotten apples... r like really dirty feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, everything I've heard here makes me glad I didn't pull the trigger and sign up just for the Kryolan. Think I'll be leaving Glossybox alone far into the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they stopped service in a few countries to "focuse on their larger countries", Germany and USA. The changes making it harder to cancel, gift boxes costing more and lame spoilers are all making them less Glossy!

I just cancelled. I have three months left in my sub then I think I'll try out different boxes or take a break.

I enrolled in thierry mugler addicts and love what I have gotten so far.

I've never liked birchbox too much because I'm mostly interested in makeup and hate dinky samples. I've also tried beauty box five, which was ok. From what I've seen ipsy doesn't seem to have very high quality products.

Any suggestions for makeup oriented boxes? I think I'll check out sample society.

Glossybox is quickly becoming as cheaply curated as Ipsy is.

Did someone buy out Glossybox USA? I remember when we were waiting for our premiere boxes in 2012, it was said that the Glossybox UK had lots of low- end items in it.. Then our boxes arrived, and they were SO nice!!!

Now, I'd say the items are worth half what they used to be.

( I absolutely do love the serum we got last month though).

Does anyone remember the silver tube of MARVIS toothpaste we got in a box as one of our products in the early months? I was LOLing at it, but I used it and liked it. ( It

wasn't sealed up like our toothpastes are and I worried about that, though).

Add me to the list of people who thinks Juice Beauty products STINK- like rotten apples... r like really dirty feet.
So funny... I just came a half used Marvis toothpaste the other day in my sample closet... Yes, I said closet..lol!!

Back