GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't end up getting another box, I'd look on the swap thread or my subscription addiction swap page, I bet you could trade something for it
Thanks! I didn't even know about my subscription addiction swap. I'm going to have to check that out...

image.jpg

Blah....
I can't even count the number of black eyeliners I have, BUT I'm excited to try Eyeko, it's new to me!

Can all subs be payed through PayPal? I am frustrated with Love With Food who somehow charged a card I thought I cancelled a year ago and want to do something different paying for subs in the future.
Only some of them have PayPal, but I definitely choose it whenever it's available. At first, it was just because I'm lazy and hate entering my credit card info over and over, but there's definitely a lot of benefits to paying with PayPal. I hope you figure out the Love With Food stuff!

Okay I'm super excited to try this!!!  :w00t:   :w00t:   :w00t: I know it's a black liner but my gal from summer swap @ loves this, so  :w00t:

I just read about the increase in gift box price but of course had to see it for myself. Ugh! $25 and the new cancellation policy, what are they thinking? Too much change too fast isn't good. I really enjoy their boxes and one of the reasons was because of the gift box price. I could pick up another one to keep on hand as a gift when needed. It made a great $15 pick me up girl friend gift. Now not so much. I may cancel. I pay a littl more for Blush and get way more out of it plus it always has a great assortment of hair care, make up and skin care. Geesh Glossybox hope you're reading these, we aren't very happy with you.

I just read about the increase in gift box price but of course had to see it for myself. Ugh! $25 and the new cancellation policy, what are they thinking? Too much change too fast isn't good. I really enjoy their boxes and one of the reasons was because of the gift box price. I could pick up another one to keep on hand as a gift when needed. It made a great $15 pick me up girl friend gift. Now not so much. I may cancel. I pay a littl more for Blush and get way more out of it plus it always has a great assortment of hair care, make up and skin care. Geesh Glossybox hope you're reading these, we aren't very happy with you.
$25 for a giftbox now??? Glossybox, I'm glad I cancelled you. 

Oh hey so I've got another Glossybox problem that stems from my problems I had with the May box. Sorry this is kind of off topic for this month, but I figure there are the most people following this thread. I used the Bergdorf Goodman gift cards at Neiman Marcus. I received everything in my order except one item that was backordered. Neiman Marcus just cancelled it and I don't think I have the gift card anymore. The balance was supposedly put back on the gift card, but the gift card is long expired. They're telling me to contact the issuer of the gift card. Well I get the feeling I'm basically out like $26 for this item now. So ridiculous, I don't even want to contact Glossybox because I'm sure they're not going to do anything for me. So frustrating still dealing with these problems since May.

That stinks, but wait they already processed the GC?!? You should get store credit, I'd call again.

That stinks, but wait they already processed the GC?!? You should get store credit, I'd call again.
Yep after emailing them three times and repeating what I was saying, they are sending me a gift card for the amount of the product. I knew it just needed some repeating and eventually they would get it. But carry on, I'm still off the Glossybox boat after what originally happened to me. And the limited edition box has BaB in it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night I discovered what the big deal with Micellar water is. I needed to take my makeup off and found a sample from a Vichy order I made for my mom with a Glossybox discount we got and I think it should be called magical water. I barely touched my eye and my cotton pad was covered in eye makeup! Now I just need to try it with They're Real for the real test. When I run out of my Shiseido stuff I need this! Target needs to get it in store but I get free shipping with my red card anyways.

For anyone investigating other sub options... I just saw in the fine print of an email from allure that the September allure sample society box will have a full size restoresea eye cream ($82 value). I looked the eye cream up on BG and the prize matched a .5 oz cream. I'm definitely checking this month out.... Only $15 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last night I discovered what the big deal with Micellar water is. I needed to take my makeup off and found a sample from a Vichy order I made for my mom with a Glossybox discount we got and I think it should be called magical water. I barely touched my eye and my cotton pad was covered in eye makeup! Now I just need to try it with They're Real for the real test. When I run out of my Shiseido stuff I need this! Target needs to get it in store but I get free shipping with my red card anyways.
I. Love. Micellar. Water. :wub: I spent so many years using Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 as a toner to get the last bits of residue and grime off, even though I know it's a terrible product for your skin and mostly alcohol. I never imagined there was this miracle product out there that could replace makeup remover, cleanser, and toner without the need to rinse and leave your skin not feeling sticky or dried out or gross?!  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't tried the Vichy one, but I love the Koh Gen Do version. I hear the Caudalie version is good, too. I am almost to the bottom of a XYY Dr. Brandt Dual Fusion Water deluxe sample, and you guys can safely skip that one. It just doesn't get your makeup off, and I usually have to resort to using a second product before my face is actually clean.

I was super relieved to see that the CosmoProf box was LE instead of our monthly box. Dodged that BaB bullet!  :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back