Glossybox March 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an email from glossy box with congratulations on my one year anniversary with them and a present of 100 glossy dots. Nice of them! I also signed up for another year. The last few months of boxes for me were pretty good. There are always dud months..... Just hope that there is at least two products that are workable for me. Haven't got a box yet, but would love either of the brow gels. Hope, hope!

No box yet. I don't care what they send, I'm happy to get anything, because I am on a total no buy, and Glossybox is my only source of any treats. I think my wish box would be:

Rich Shampoo

Concealer 

Brow Gel

Gold Creams 

Okay, do any of you have tips on using the So Susan Concealer Quad?  I'm not quite sure what to do with it!

Okay, do any of you have tips on using the So Susan Concealer Quad?  I'm not quite sure what to do with it!
I did not get my box yet but if I get the concealer, I thought I would try mixing the shades to come up with custom colors for my face.  

Does anyone know what the deal is with the "Classic Glossybox" pictured on their page? Is that our next month's box or do we have to buy it separately?

Does anyone know what the deal is with the "Classic Glossybox" pictured on their page? Is that our next month's box or do we have to buy it separately?
It looks like they sold out for March so if you subscribe between now and March 31, you will get a box with samples from past months. I did not get my box or even shipping notice yet so I may get one of these - will let you know. 

Did anyone else randomly get an extra glossybox in the mail today?  I got the March box already, and then today I received a second box with the following:

- Korres volcanic mineral mascara

- Malin + Goetz mojito lip balm

- Philip B pH restorative detangling toning mist

- Emite makeup micronized eye shadow in dams

- Sesha skin therapy cell-white brightening mask

I am so confused!

Did anyone else randomly get an extra glossybox in the mail today? I got the March box already, and then today I received a second box with the following:

- Emite makeup micronized eye shadow in dams

I am so confused!
Lucky! In previous months I have recieved two boxes in the same month for seemingly no reason. I was never charged for two boxes and had not complained to them or anything for them to send another box. The boxes were the exact same both times this happened to me though.

I wonder if my extra box is an April sneak peek.  I only recently resubbed to Glossybox because of the OPRAH code, so I'm not that familiar with past boxes.  A quick google search made me think that this box hasn't previously been sent out - can someone confirm?

I had unsubbed and resubbed one month and I ended up getting two boxes that month but the boxes were identical. Sounds like an awesome box you got!

I've been playing with the Quad and here's what I think: the consistency is pretty thick, this is no 'easy, creamy' concealer! I found I could get a good shade close to my skin by mixing 3 of the shades, but I had to scrape up a bit of each and mix together on the back of my hand, like makeup artists do. Once mixed, and warmed (by skin) its much easier to apply.

8 hours later? I still have coverage, and not much of the concealer has formed into lines.

I think I'll use this when I have time, or am doing an evening face, but its not going to be my 'go-to, everyday' concealer. Doubt if I'd buy it again, though I am interested in the color mixing idea, and may look for that idea in another brand.

still not sure what the White is for! (I assume to lighten, but these colors rare already pretty light) I tried it as a highlighter, but it's a little TOO stark white for that.

I wonder if my extra box is an April sneak peek.  I only recently resubbed to Glossybox because of the OPRAH code, so I'm not that familiar with past boxes.  A quick google search made me think that this box hasn't previously been sent out - can someone confirm?
I think you got a classic box since most of those items have appeared in my past Glossyboxes.  

I got the Nexxus Color Assure shampoo and at first was a little excited- I'd never tried the brand.

But someone ? above mentioned bad reviews so I went to check them out...YIKES!

I am afraid to try it now! My hair is colored, thin, and somewhat brittle so all the negatives in the reviews are exactly what i don't want to happen to my hair. I feel like the reviews are so bad, I can even regift this to someone I like!

I'm really surprised Glossy would include this (I didn't realize it was a drugstore brand until I Googled) this is only my third box but I have been impressed with their brands so far.

I just cancelled my Ipsy after a year and a half ( I did love them, great for $10) because of repeats, and I felt it was geared towards younger women. Was happy with the box at first, not quite so much now!

Did anyone else randomly get an extra glossybox in the mail today? I got the March box already, and then today I received a second box with the following:

- Emite makeup micronized eye shadow in

dams

I am so confused!
>>>>>Looks like you recieved one of what Glossy terms a "Classic Box". They have been posting that they are sold out of a monthly "March" box and offer to sell a classic box which usually has a few items from the regular current month mixed along with items from past month's boxes. The Phillip toning mist and mojito lip balm were in past boxes.

I got the Nexxus Color Assure shampoo and at first was a little excited- I'd never tried the brand.

I am afraid to try it now! My hair is colored, thin, and somewhat brittle so all the negatives in the reviews are exactly what i don't want to happen to my hair. I feel like the reviews are so bad, I can even regift this to someone I like!

I'm really surprised Glossy would include this (I didn't realize it was a drugstore brand until I Googled) this is only my third box but I have been impressed with their brands so far.

I just cancelled my Ipsy after a year and a half ( I did love them, great for $10) because of repeats, and I felt it was geared towards younger women. Was happy with the box at first, not quite so much now!
Nexxus used to be a wonderful brand, not anymore! I would just recomend just donating it to a women's shelter.
Every once and awhile glossy can send amazing samples.... Don't know if you recieved last month's box with the "Unwash" Cowash conditioner-shampoo, it worked really well for my dry colortreated hair (it's sort of expensive if you are even able to find it!) I have been trying out other Cowash shampoo's (since unwash is not available in my area) and they work almost as well for a far less price,

message me if you'd like more info.

I just got my shipping email - I hope I get a really strange classic box with cool stuff. 

I am afraid to try it now! My hair is colored, thin, and somewhat brittle so all the negatives in the reviews are exactly what i don't want to happen to my hair. I feel like the reviews are so bad, I can even regift this to someone I like!

I'm really surprised Glossy would include this (I didn't realize it was a drugstore brand until I Googled) this is only my third box but I have been impressed with their brands so far.

I would recommend you NOT use this shampoo. I have thick, coarse hair and it made my hair dry, waxy and stIff. I could not get a brush or comb through it and I had to rewash it several times. I actually had to use a strong clarifying shampoo to get the residue out. If your hair is brittle it could cause a ton more breakage. I've never thrown out shampoo, but this one won't even be gifted or swapped

I would recommend you NOT use this shampoo. I have thick, coarse hair and it made my hair dry, waxy and stIff. I could not get a brush or comb through it and I had to rewash it several times. I actually had to use a strong clarifying shampoo to get the residue out. If your hair is brittle it could cause a ton more breakage. I've never thrown out shampoo, but this one won't even be gifted or swapped
Good to know. I'm not interested in trying the shampoo because I've never been interested in this brand but this feedback enforces my thinking. I won't be giving it away either. Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is still sitting in 'pack' status. I had gotten an email saying to would be delayed over a week ago, but at this rate, it will be April before my March box arrives!

Back