Glossybox March 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture of my box.

I won't be using any of these items so this month is a waste for me. Sorry for the upside down pic. The development team is still working on a solution for this problem that we have had with uploading the pictures.

glossybox march.JPG

My box was one state away early yesterday morning. I saw a photo of some products you can possibly get in the Classic Glossybox. There is a Sumita eye pencil (always wanted one of those when I saw them in others' Birchboxes), and the OPI for Glossybox polish that matches the box color. I would love to have those items. 

I got the Nexxus Color Assure shampoo and at first was a little excited- I'd never tried the brand.

But someone ? above mentioned bad reviews so I went to check them out...YIKES!

I am afraid to try it now! My hair is colored, thin, and somewhat brittle so all the negatives in the reviews are exactly what i don't want to happen to my hair. I feel like the reviews are so bad, I can even regift this to someone I like!

I'm really surprised Glossy would include this (I didn't realize it was a drugstore brand until I Googled) this is only my third box but I have been impressed with their brands so far.

I just cancelled my Ipsy after a year and a half ( I did love them, great for $10) because of repeats, and I felt it was geared towards younger women. Was happy with the box at first, not quite so much now!

I would recommend you NOT use this shampoo. I have thick, coarse hair and it made my hair dry, waxy and stIff. I could not get a brush or comb through it and I had to rewash it several times. I actually had to use a strong clarifying shampoo to get the residue out. If your hair is brittle it could cause a ton more breakage. I've never thrown out shampoo, but this one won't even be gifted or swapped
 I have naturally straight, very fine hair that is prone to split ends, and then on top of that I bleach the hell out of it. I wash it 2-3 times a week in winter. Sometimes I pin curl it, sometimes I let it air dry, maybe once a week I blow dry it out. Once in a blue moon I'll use a curling iron. 

Enough prologue. I also received the Nexxus color assure shampoo, and as I've heard the horrific tales associated with it, I wasn't too excited to see it in my box. But ultimately I prefer empirical rather than anecdotal evidence, so I threw caution to the wind, and used it on my hair today. Hashtag YOLO. 

I used a moisturizing conditioner with it, so maybe that's cheating, but I didn't really have any issues combing my hair after. I decided to blow dry, to see how my hair would take the added stress of heat styling. 

Honest to god, my hair is doing and looking fine. Is it the best shampoo I've ever used? Hardly. I don't think I'd buy it again. But in my experience, it didn't turn out to be the vampiric-life-sucking hair poison others have encountered. 

I know everyone reacts to products differently, and I am not doubting others' bad experiences with this shampoo, but I just wanted to weigh in with my experience. 

But if "well, it's not THAT horrible" is the most positive endorsement this product will get, it's safe to conclude that Glossybox struck out this time. 

Here is my box. 

1.gb.jpg

I love the body butter..it smells so summery! Not too thrilled with brow stuff though. As a redhead I always dread pink lippies and any brow product not specifically made in auburn shades.  Using ash blonde just makes me look old and grey. :/

Has anyone tried the shampoo? It smells nice enough..

Edit to add:  I LOVED the unwash from the last box, I think the hair stuff is what I am going to miss the most without this box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got:

Tree Hut Coconut Lime Body Butter - can be my summer scent

Deluxe Ouidad deep conditioner - looks time consuming to use 

The two little Orogold cream jars - cute and expensive 

The Bellapierre Cheek/Lip Stain - pretty color

Pop Beauty Kajal Pen in Inky Purple - gorgeous 

I've seen nicer Glossyboxes but okay, I will add these to my inventory and use them up. Most excited for the Orogold cream and the Pop Beauty liner, which is really pretty.

Here is my box. 

I love the body butter..it smells so summery! Not too thrilled with brow stuff though. As a redhead I always dread pink lippies and any brow product not specifically made in auburn shades.  Using ash blonde just makes me look old and grey. :/

Edit to add:  I LOVED the unwash from the last box, I think the hair stuff is what I am going to miss the most without this box.
I just got the same box. I agree about the body butter, it smells great! The brow product will not work for me either, as I have dark brows... I will pass it on to someone else!

My box was finally delivered today. I won't know what's in it until I get home from work but I'm really curious there seems to be a lot of variations.  

My box is:

Oudad shine glaze serum-yay! No shampoo!

Tree hut coconut line body butter-yay!

Bellapierre cheek&flip stain in pink-ok

Orogold-yay.

Modelco more brows in light/medium-meh, I need this in dark, this color won't work for me.

Kind of a bummer month but I'll use everything but the brow product. Would've loved the purple liner but I've got a million already.

I got the same box as Artemiss, I loved the Unwash, it's not available in my area, so I tried several other CoWash conditioners, they are just not quite as good so I finally found another place to order it from. What was the lowest price for just the Unwash? Lowest I could find was just over $30!

I got the same box as Artemiss, I loved the Unwash, it's not available in my area, so I tried several other CoWash conditioners, they are just not quite as good so I finally found another place to order it from. What was the lowest price for just the Unwash? Lowest I could find was just over $30!
I paid $33 a bottle, no tax, no shipping from Haircareusa.com  I have been alternating days between Unwash and Wen and LOVE the results I am getting.  I have fine, straight hair and it's shiny with a lot more body now.  Sometimes I felt Wen left it too conditioned and I find alternating them works like a charm.  I have also been able to get away with using only 2 pumps of Wen (as opposed to 3-4).

It's 39 on Amazon. Think I'll order from the other place next time. The set also went up 25 bucks on Amazon since I ordered. Love this stuff though!

They have a salon finder (one's that carry their product) on their website.... I'm curious what it costs from a salon, I'll go on their website and give one of those salons a call and find out.

Here is my box. 

I got the same box.

I kinda wanted the lip/cheek item but I got the body butter instead. I don't mind the body butter and I'm using it, but it feels a little "cheap" I think I got the same brand (a scrub) in a beauty box 5 box years ago. It feels like a brand I could get at the the drug store. I don't think it a bad product though.

Anyway, like most people the brow product won't work for me, I like dark brows and I prefer powder over other types.

Shampoo is a nice size, haven't tried the cream and the concealer should work for me.  

I also liked the the unwash from last month too, I never used cleansing conditioners before, great product!

I kinda wanted the lip/cheek item but I got the body butter instead. I don't mind the body butter and I'm using it, but it feels a little "cheap" I think I got the same brand (a scrub) in a beauty box 5 box years ago. It feels like a brand I could get at the the drug store. I don't think it a bad product though.
Do you remember cravebox?  I think that is where I was first introduced to the tree hut coconut lime scrub.  I actually really like it and would purchase it again in the unlikely event that I ever run out of body products. 

Ruelala has Glossybox subscriptions on sale for the next few days.  It's $15 for 1 month or $95 for 6 months.  I wish they had a three month option.

Ruelala has Glossybox subscriptions on sale for the next few days.  It's $15 for 1 month or $95 for 6 months.  I wish they had a three month option.
Thanks for posting this.  I just used it for a 6 mo sub even though I think it's strange the one-off box is $15 and the 6 mo sub is $16 per.   :blink:   Usually it's the other way around to entice you to buy the longer sub.  Oh well, not a deal breaker on any level.

Do you remember cravebox?  I think that is where I was first introduced to the tree hut coconut lime scrub.  I actually really like it and would purchase it again in the unlikely event that I ever run out of body products. 
Oh yeah I didn't mind crave box but they def. had a cheapy-ness vibe.

I like the tree hut stuff, it's just nice to try a new brand.  I also have an enternal supply of body creams, I work at B&BW.

Back