Glossybox - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They replied to my email also. Said that we received the correct amount of the Skin and Co, it was just put in the wrong sized container. No mention of a replacement anything.
Yes, this is typical. They say different things pertaining to the same issue...disturbing.

Wow... My advice... RUN! So glad I cancelled when I did. I could foresee this service not getting any better. Glad to know I was right, but sorry for all of you experiencing issues. If you have not received the things you ordered PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES! If enough people dispute these charges, GB will get the message when their money stops coming in. Credit card companies do not put up with this kind of behavior. Paying for something and not receiving it is ILLEGAL. This is not acceptable no matter what the circumstances are. Hurricane or not... Excuses or not. It is illegal to not provide something that has been paid for.

silly me just found out that GB's HQ is in Germany. It is a German company not English as I had previously thought.

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... My advice... RUN! So glad I cancelled when I did. I could foresee this service not getting any better. Glad to know I was right, but sorry for all of you experiencing issues. If you have not received the things you ordered PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES! If enough people dispute these charges, GB will get the message when their money stops coming in. Credit card companies do not put up with this kind of behavior. Paying for something and not receiving it is ILLEGAL. This is not acceptable no matter what the circumstances are. Hurricane or not... Excuses or not. It is illegal to not provide something that has been paid for.

I have to agree.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How long did it take you to get a reply from them?

I have been trying endlessly to reach them for 3 weeks to find out why my November box is still "processing" and no response.
It only took 2 or 3 days and the rep apologized that it took that long. They need to get all their CS reps on the same page. It's ridiculous that we're all being told different things.

Anyone know how to redeem the 1000 points free Glossybox?  The My Glossydots screen doesn't have a button to select.  I also tried placing another order and there's no payment option using Glossydots.  

If anyone says call them or email them, I'm gonna cry.  I've been emailing them since 11/27/12 on a separate issue.  I got a response that they'd replace an item and they asked me what I wanted.  I responded.  Since then, crickets...

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It only took 2 or 3 days and the rep apologized that it took that long. They need to get all their CS reps on the same page. It's ridiculous that we're all being told different things.

They take as long as 2 weeks to respond to me via email.

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to agree.
Yes, but I bought the R29 voucher back in August to be used for the Sept-Nov boxes. I supposed i could contact my cc company for a partial refund...that is why it is so overwhelming. Their system is full of glitches, and since their shipping is automatically generated by computer, and my profile stated that my voucher had expired in Oct (it's supposed to expire in Nov), they never sent me my Nov box that I am due...I have to explain this over and over every time I call/email them...that's the frustrating part...oh, and of course, only to be told different things by different people.

Why can't they just get it together? If different reps are saying different things, I can only assume they are lying, because there can only be one version of the truth, no?

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone know how to redeem the 1000 points free Glossybox?  The My Glossydots screen doesn't have a button to select.  I also tried placing another order and there's no payment option using Glossydots.  

If anyone says call them or email them, I'm gonna cry.  I've been emailing them since 11/27/12 on a separate issue.  I got a response that they'd replace an item and they asked me what I wanted.  I responded.  Since then, crickets...
yes, i feel your pain. i offered to pass by their office (park ave south) if i do not get my Nov box or some sort of tracking info...I am still waiting for the response...may be i will just ring their bell anyways. I mean, unless you are concocting different lies to spew out, it shouldn't take that long to respond to people's inquiries, especially if that is your sole job descirption.

Originally Posted by PAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes, i feel your pain. i offered to pass by their office (park ave south) if i do not get my Nov box or some sort of tracking info...I am still waiting for the response...may be i will just ring their bell anyways. I mean, unless you are concocting different lies to spew out, it shouldn't take that long to respond to people's inquiries, especially if that is your sole job descirption.
Their offices moved downtown to West 3rd right by Washington Sq Park, I think.  

All the NY ladies should go down there and hound them...don't get between us and our beauty products!!!!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried that multiple times and still they don't answer!
I believe you, It worked once for me. Since November, they pretty much stopped answering phones or emails completely.

I feel like they have their good moments and bad - I sent an email last Saturday because my November surveys never went up and got a response about 30 minutes after which is great. However, my issue still hasn't been resolved so I emailed them again today. 

When I had an R29 box problem (the box never showed up in my account, never received a tracking email, etc.) I called on a Friday, got through right away, and the girl I spoke with fixed the issue by adding me to a list to make sure I received the box (which I did without any additional problems).

I wish we knew why their CS is so spotty. I really like GB in terms of products offered and calculated value (for me), so it's sad to see all of these issues arise. Hopefully, if you some of you ladies are able to stop by GB in person, you can report back and shed some light on this for us!

I'm still waiting on my Nov box. Apparently there was a "glitch" on some accounts where they were not shipped so they said they would send it right away...I think that was some time ago, still no box or shipping info.

Out of curiosity, has anyone been using the skin & co serum regularly? It surprisingly has lasted me awhile even with daily usage, but I haven't noticed any differences. Just wanted to see if anyone actually saw any benefits from it.

Originally Posted by karwaitraveler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of curiosity, has anyone been using the skin & co serum regularly? It surprisingly has lasted me awhile even with daily usage, but I haven't noticed any differences. Just wanted to see if anyone actually saw any benefits from it.
I have been using it daily...it's almost gone. I don't know if there have been any visual differences, but I really like the way it makes my skin feel when I use it.

I'm having a back and forth email rant with Glossybox on FB.  They deleted my first comment where I complained about their phones and my 3 unanswered emails.  So I called them on it.  Then they said contact them via email.  So i responded that--in the comment they deleted--I already noted that I emailed them 3 times already.  Not sure this is going to get me anywhere though.  Pyrrhic victory, at best, since I'm sure it won't do anything to fix the issue.

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm having a back and forth email rant with Glossybox on FB.  They deleted my first comment where I complained about their phones and my 3 unanswered emails.  So I called them on it.  Then they said contact them via email.  So i responded that--in the comment they deleted--I already noted that I emailed them 3 times already.  Not sure this is going to get me anywhere though.  Pyrrhic victory, at best, since I'm sure it won't do anything to fix the issue.
I can't see anything - they probably deleted all of your comments because on their latest post it says "view 2 comments," but when you click on it there's nothing.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't see anything - they probably deleted all of your comments because on their latest post it says "view 2 comments," but when you click on it there's nothing.
Doesn't surprise me. 

I will ALWAYS make this recommendation to people. When a company refuses to communicate with you, you DO have options.

Glossybox Service hotline:
1-855-738-1140 (Toll free)

Glossybox is based in New York, NY so you can and should contact the New York State Attorney General and file a complaint. Contact your state's Attorney General Office and file a complaint. Contact the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint (they won't take action until there are enough complaints are made). The Better Business Bureau is another option however note that they can't do anything either than act as a third party mediator. Also contact your bank or credit card hold and place a dispute, while most windows are closed after 30 to 45 days you can STILL file a dispute especially if it's a pre-order and you never got the item once it was released.

Back