Glossybox - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will ALWAYS make this recommendation to people. When a company refuses to communicate with you, you DO have options.

Glossybox Service hotline:

1-855-738-1140 (Toll free)

Glossybox is based in New York, NY so you can and should contact the New York State Attorney General and file a complaint. Contact your state's Attorney General Office and file a complaint. Contact the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint (they won't take action until there are enough complaints are made). The Better Business Bureau is another option however note that they can't do anything either than act as a third party mediator. Also contact your bank or credit card hold and place a dispute, while most windows are closed after 30 to 45 days you can STILL file a dispute especially if it's a pre-order and you never got the item once it was released.
Thanks.  That phone # has been inaccessible since Nov.  I used to have no problems with their customer service, but it's completely devolved recently.

I've also sent an email to Rocket Internet which is the backer for Glossybox. 

I will absolutely file complaints.  I live in NYC so am tempted to just go to their office.  

Since you live in their area also pick up a small claims form and fill it out and let them know that if you can't get this resolved you will take them to court. (I found in many cases small claims threats typically gets people to resolve the issues.)

Since you live in their area also pick up a small claims form and fill it out and let them know that if you can't get this resolved you will take them to court. (I found in many cases small claims threats typically gets people to resolve the issues.)
Seriously, you're so helpful.  Thanks Zadi!  

This is their response to my email sent to them two days ago..very insulting and belittling--she pretty much accused me of receiving things and saying i didn't, or that i have spotty mail service. My response is in another spoiler link below. I did not hold back at this point.

Subject: Contact Form
[SIZE=80%]DEC 14, 2012 | 09:17PM EST[/SIZE]
GLOSSYBOX replied:
Hello P

I'm sorry to hear that you still have not received your box. I personally made a shipping label for you and sent it out. xxxxx is your address correct? I will pull your tracking number and find out what has happened to your box as it has been sent it out and you should have already received it. I will look into what is going on because your box has been sent out twice now. When you have packages delivered to you, are they normally left on your doorstep or are they placed in your mailbox? Also, does USPS leave delivery notices for you? I know that this has been an ongoing problem, so I just want to get a better understanding of what may be going on. Since your boxes have been returned to us before, USPS may need to be contacted to figure out why your packages are not being delivered. Although you stated that you would come pick your box up from our office, I would never ask you to do that. That's not fair to you to have to come pick up your box. We also need to figure this out for future shipments. If you can provide me with answers to the above questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Danielle-Glossybox
--
[Please rate this message here: http://www.nicereply.com/glossybox-usa/nicole/]

Date: December 14, 2012, 4:39:38 AM EST
To: Contact GLOSSYBOX <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Contact Form

Hello Danielle,

That is something...my boxes have been shipped out twice and then you have boxes returned to you? I find this difficult to believe, given the fact that i have ALWAYS received my mail, packages, other beauty subs (birchbox, ipsy, cravebox, sample society), and on top of that, perhaps you don't even realized that your company utilizes the shipping service from Newgistics, which is delivered via usps, without requiring any signature/ slips. I DO NOT have an ongoing problem as far as getting my mail or packages, gb normally gets delivered in my mailbox. I do not have the nov box, so if you "sent" it out twice, they have not made their way to me. As i have stated prior, i have never had a problem with gb since i became a member. I am not one to start a phone/email campaign if my box is a day late, so i think i have been more than patience with regards to this situation. This isn't an "ongoing" problem for me as far as the other gb boxes are concern, just the nov r29 box! Please do not misunderstand, or thwart this conversation into another direction. If you have sent out two boxes to me, and that some boxes were being returned to you, why are you not able to provide the tracking details? The one you personally printed a shipping lable for, it would be great if the tracking was provided. If you can obtain all those information about my boxes (it being sent out then sent back, etc), then surely the tracking shouldn't be too difficult beyond your reach. Well, i hope you find the answers to your questions helpful in figuring out why/ what is going on. If nothing gets resolved, i will have to cancel my account and dispute the charges for my nov and dec boxes. Thank you Danielle.

Just two emails back and forth with GB Customer service, lies & insults...it's getting crunchy! Read on if you wish....

If she is able to pull tracking #s to check herself why not give you those tracking #s? My guess there are no tracking #s!

If she is able to pull tracking #s to check herself why not give you those tracking #s? My guess there are no tracking #s!
hello? i know! hence why I am not being so polite anymore, enough with their bs! And the nerve of her trying to pin it on my mailman...lol

]If anyone doesn't use the Nume code may I please have it:) looking for another code if your not using it! Thank you Edit- I have received a code from a lovely member... Thank you means a lot to get this

Originally Posted by PAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hello? i know! hence why I am not being so polite anymore, enough with their bs! And the nerve of her trying to pin it on my mailman...lol

LOL It's ALWAYS the mailman's fault! LOL Seriously though, I'm glad you're calling her out on the BS since if she can look up the tracking she can give it to you.

One of my gift subs shipped on friday but not the other 2 or my main sub. I had to go on the website to see the tracking number. It was shipped on the 14th with an expected delivery of 18th or 19th. That seems super fast compared to the usual 8 day trek across the US to before it hit Cali.

Finally got my r29 box! They never sent it on the week(the first week of the month) they said they would mail it out. it took another email from r29 customer service to "remind" them since they never responded to mine... at least they sent it priority mail.  

So I thought I'd update you all--my issue has finally been resolved.  I reached someone in their Customer Service by phone on Friday--Danielle.  She was very helpful and immediately sent me the replacement item (got them today).  Every time I've spoken with someone, they've been able to resolve the issue and provide real customer service.  The main issue is that it's near impossible to reach them by phone.  Their email response is absolutely subpar.  Once my sub is over and my free box is redeemed, this sub is gone.  If they do improve in the future, I'll revisit subbing with them.  

Oh Glossybox, you confuse me so. I had e-mailed Glossybox about two weeks ago about not receiving a Nov box even though I had been billed, I was assured it was a glitch and they would send me a box right away. Still didn't receive anything and no tracking on the account so e-mailed them again last night to see if I could get a credit or use it towards the next box. Well, check my mail today and there is the box, not one but two of the same box. Um? I thought maybe they sent the Dec box with it or the r29 but nope, all the same Nov box. So confused. Guess I will try to call them tomorrow.

In case anyone hasn't used their $100 NuMe gift certificate yet (pretty sure I saw a couple other people got them in the November box... if it was just me then I apologize :p), there is a great sale going on where you can get a signature hair dryer + flat iron + 2 brushes + a diffuser for $219, so with the coupon it's only $119 .. and when considering the hairdryer itself is apparently regularly priced at over $200, now would be a great time to buy if you are interested!

So I just got around to using the nume arganics for my hair from this novemember glossybox can you say jackpot! I cant even believe I am saying I found a product that makes my hair look so beautiful I could just cry! Yes this is amazing its so pretty in my super dry curly hair it makes my curls look gorfeous! I just bought 3 bottles! There is a code for 60% off for this product using numeargan its normaly 59 $ a bottle I think it knocked it down to about 20 $! I couldbt walk away from this sale oh no!

Back