Glossybox OCTOBER 2015 SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got home from my trip last night to several boxes waiting for me including this one. Like a few others, I got the soap. I'm really pissed about this. I understand variation, but soap instead of perfume?? Interesting that none of the beauty bloggers get soap, they all get a nice perfume so that we sign up thinking we'll get that too.

I'm done with Glossybox.
I ordered the box also because of the perfume but got the soap.  I think if they are going to do a specific type box, they should curate all boxes the same regardless if you are a blogger or not.  But I did order the holiday box w/ discount because all of those boxes should be the same.  I also cancelled Glossybox!

FWIW, I was not at all impressed with the version of the perfume I got, called Lucky Bay. It smells to me like musty old cheap perfume you'd find at a garage sale or thrift shop, not something classy and French. (I'm thinking like the tubs of solid perfume my mom still has from Avon in the 70's because they came in fancy glass containers and never used)

Anyone else get this email? I haven't been a subscriber since earlier in the year, but I jumped on this...only $14.70 a month if I never cancel.

ETA: it included a unique one time code.

GB.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to find someone else to put these surveys together. I don’t see how they are of any use to anyone.

“What brands are you currently using?” Only allows you to pick one.

“How often do you purchase haircare products online” Then gives a list of stores to choose from.

“Check all of the brands from below you’ve heard of” Only allows you to pick one.

“Check all of the brands from below you’ve tried before” Only allows you to pick one.

“Check all of the brands from below which you currently use” Only allows you to pick one.

And why didn't they ask me about my cats this month?

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to find someone else to put these surveys together. I don’t see how they are of any use to anyone.

“What brands are you currently using?” Only allows you to pick one.

“How often do you purchase haircare products online” Then gives a list of stores to choose from.

“Check all of the brands from below you’ve heard of” Only allows you to pick one.

“Check all of the brands from below you’ve tried before” Only allows you to pick one.

“Check all of the brands from below which you currently use” Only allows you to pick one.

And why didn't they ask me about my cats this month?
YES! and they really need to get a capable editor/proofreader. I mean, I know the surveys don't really have much of a purpose, but when they're written so poorly, it doesn't boost their professional appearance. 

"In which country do you live in?"

Congrats Glossy, you get the Certificate of Redundancy Certificate!

:wassatt: I would so rather just answer questions about my cats!

Just an FYI there is a 6 month deal on Rue La La right now... I got mine from them 6 months ago... but I will not be renewing despite the deal. If that says anything.

The surveys are goofy for sure, but I just earned enough points for a free November box so they can ask all the rando-ish they want as long as they give us some sort of reward for putting up with their non-sense. 

Back