GlossyBox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!  I did the hair and makeup on this pic.  The model is the lovely Amelia.  She is stunning isn't she?!? 

My box finally arrived.  w00t!  FINALLY!

The Missha is in #21.  I haven't swatched it yet, but I'm wondering if it'll be a little light for me (but not terrible probably).  I think 23 might be better for me based on online swatches.  

If anyone wants to trade a 23 for a 21 I'd consider it - otherwise I'll mix it with a little bronzer and make do.

I also got the Cleansing water and thought the lipstick was okay - although it isn't a shade I would buy.  Overall, the last two Glossyboxes have been amazing IMO.  

I am looking for MISHA BB #27...LOVE the stuff! Currently using daily.

Received another in #21 that I would like to swap.

Also have some other things to swap or will purchase $ the MISHA #27

Please PM me
patches.gif

if you guys have the missha 23, let me know if you guys wanna trade it for something else.

Has anyone been able to access the surveys? I am asking because I tweeted their help twitter and they said the surveys would be available on the 11th and they arent there so I was just wondering if anyone has been able to do them.

I just did the surveys for this month.  After 4 months of subscribing, I almost have enough glossydots for 1/2 of a free box.  I'm not convinced these are worth the effort.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just did the surveys for this month.  After 4 months of subscribing, I almost have enough glossydots for 1/2 of a free box.  I'm not convinced these are worth the effort.
I agree. They're a hassle to fill out (especially now that they made them longer). Maybe for 50 points I'd be more willing, but for 20 it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. They're a hassle to fill out (especially now that they made them longer). Maybe for 50 points I'd be more willing, but for 20 it just doesn't seem worth it to me.
I like filling out the surveys. I'm a nerd, though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also like that they are constantly changing the surveys; it makes me feel like they are trying really hard to do something useful with them by making little adjustments each time around.

The time it took to fill out the surveys sucked but I hope that they are really using this as a way to change how they choose which products they are sending people. So I am half okay with it half not okay with it, but I am a sucker for a free anything and having the ability to get a free box really draws me in.

Filled out about 4 tonight and then looked at my totals. I'm only at 380 after 3 months and decided taking surveys is just not worth it. In my mind, companies pay them a lot for the survey data they get back and this is where they make a portion of their profit, or get the samples they receive. By making the surveys so long, repetitive, and with very little payback (20 points), there is not real reason to do them in my mind, as I feel GB is selling the results for more than they are kicking back to us, and I'd rather not participate since they already have my money.

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Filled out about 4 tonight and then looked at my totals. I'm only at 380 after 3 months and decided taking surveys is just not worth it. In my mind, companies pay them a lot for the survey data they get back and this is where they make a portion of their profit, or get the samples they receive. By making the surveys so long, repetitive, and with very little payback (20 points), there is not real reason to do them in my mind, as I feel GB is selling the results for more than they are kicking back to us, and I'd rather not participate since they already have my money.
Yeah, this is how I feel. I hope they are taking the feedback for something valuable, but I don't see MY reward as anything substantial. If they want something out of me, they need to offer me something better.

I am confused as to why you guys think this is such a big deal. It takes about a minute to complete one of those surveys and there are only only a couple more questions than those stupid, repetitive BB surveys. The questions are obviously developed by marketing people and are obviously the reason GB is able to get samples in the first place. GB doesn't have a store, so what else could they offer? I think sometimes people expect too much. Just don't fill them out, don't complain and don't get a free box. Later on, when GB can't offer a full-size, $39 Missha because it can't collect enough data for its partners, don't complain.

I seriously doubt they are "selling" the results but rather using them as leverage to get bigger samples. I assume that is also the reason they take time to post the survey- they want you to actually use the product.

BTW, I am usually right there with the complainers. But complaining about having to put in very little effort to get something for free that also might help improve the box just seems so unnecessarily negative and pretty much counterproductive.

I didn't mind the way the surveys used to be in the past few months at all.

I do agree that this month's surveys are annoying though...why do we have to rank the retailers we shop at for every product?? Still going to do them, but seems unnecessary. Each product's survey should be about that brand/product only and if they want more general information, they should post a separate general survey, IMO.

The surveys this go around bother me in that I would rather give them better feedback than the options they provide.  I really hate the fill in question about myself that I've answered for each product, and "such and such brand is TRENDY!" type questions as well.  I'd at least feel a little more pacified if I could optionally fill in an area where I told them what I thought.  For example, I wanted to tell Missha that I dislike the use of mineral oil and parabens in their product, but it never came up.  I just feel like the surveys aren't particularly well created even though they've been changing, but I suppose they have their own ideas of what they want.  I do like the times that you fill in the blanks with qualities of what you're looking for, etc.  I just don't think these surveys have been the best for me or the company that they could be.

Originally Posted by reepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still don't have surveys.   Anyone else have that issue?
I would email them or tweet then, I find tweeting them about your problem gets you faster service.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't mind the way the surveys used to be in the past few months at all.

I do agree that this month's surveys are annoying though...why do we have to rank the retailers we shop at for every product?? Still going to do them, but seems unnecessary. Each product's survey should be about that brand/product only and if they want more general information, they should post a separate general survey, IMO.
That's a good point. Maybe they should add a general monthly questionnaire for those repeated questions (and 20 glossydots wouldn't be too much to ask for the extra survey).

Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The surveys this go around bother me in that I would rather give them better feedback than the options they provide.  I really hate the fill in question about myself that I've answered for each product, and "such and such brand is TRENDY!" type questions as well.  I'd at least feel a little more pacified if I could optionally fill in an area where I told them what I thought.  For example, I wanted to tell Missha that I dislike the use of mineral oil and parabens in their product, but it never came up.  I just feel like the surveys aren't particularly well created even though they've been changing, but I suppose they have their own ideas of what they want.  I do like the times that you fill in the blanks with qualities of what you're looking for, etc.  I just don't think these surveys have been the best for me or the company that they could be.
I'd really like if they had a general comment box for each product. I agree, I often want to give feedback on specific qualities that aren't covered by the survey.

What I don't like about the surveys is that I feel like I'm lying through the whole thing.  It says to rank where you buy things, and I have never shopped at Barneys or Niemon Marcus, etc as there aren't any close to me.  But, I can't not rank them.  I generally purchase all of my makeup from 2 local stores.  I don't purchase makeup online, other than in trades here, but again I have to rank a bunch of places and I can't say "I just don't use these".  I do understand that this feedback is how they get the samples that they send out, and that we couldn't get such generous samples at such a great price if we didn't fill them out.  But, lying through an entire survey feels icky to me, especially when it will take 10 or so months of filling out all surveys to earn a free box from them, so there isn't a strong reward incentive.  That's a lot of effort at dragging and dropping complete untruths.  I get subscriptions right now to be introduced to new makeup so that I don't need to go to a bunch of stores and try a bunch of things.

Back