GlossyBox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's actually nice to hear, CAPSLOCK, considering how many people actually think it is okay to exchange your Essie samples at Target for another color! It's weird- it seems like my surveys only say "where do you frequently shop" - I haven't had a store ranking one yet.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What I don't like about the surveys is that I feel like I'm lying through the whole thing.  It says to rank where you buy things, and I have never shopped at Barneys or Niemon Marcus, etc as there aren't any close to me.  But, I can't not rank them.  I generally purchase all of my makeup from 2 local stores.  I don't purchase makeup online, other than in trades here, but again I have to rank a bunch of places and I can't say "I just don't use these".  I do understand that this feedback is how they get the samples that they send out, and that we couldn't get such generous samples at such a great price if we didn't fill them out.  But, lying through an entire survey feels icky to me, especially when it will take 10 or so months of filling out all surveys to earn a free box from them, so there isn't a strong reward incentive.  That's a lot of effort at dragging and dropping complete untruths.  I get subscriptions right now to be introduced to new makeup so that I don't need to go to a bunch of stores and try a bunch of things.
I felt the same way, so I tried just moving over and ranking the 3-4 stores I actually used and left the others in the left column - it let me submit the form  and go on to the next page. Maybe you can try and see if it works for you as well!

Hi!! I couldnt for the life of me figure out how to contact you except to respond to your post. Anywho is the OC 8 that you were interested in trading still available!?

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, good. Because of the stores listed, I only really use Sephora and the drugstore, so there is no point in ranking the others.
I was able to rank the ones I did shop at (Sephora, drugstore, and occasionally Nordstrom when I'm buying Butter polishes - they have more colors than Sephora) and leave the ones that are nowhere near me off to the side. I think you just have to move something into the ranking column for it to let you move onto the next question.

I was disappointed in all the "so and so makes me..." clicky questions. I understand why they're doing them so they can say "x percent of subscribers think that xyz item is hip and trendy", and so forth and that its easier to collect data that doesn't have 4000 unique answers. But I don't have to like it. I don't know how many times I want to give my feedback on their shipping but can't, and I don't like that there is no spot to write up my impressions on a particular product now.

But.. I almost wonder if they're still trying to get a feel for what kinds of survey questions work better since each month they're all different from the previous month.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was disappointed in all the "so and so makes me..." clicky questions. I understand why they're doing them so they can say "x percent of subscribers think that xyz item is hip and trendy", and so forth and that its easier to collect data that doesn't have 4000 unique answers. But I don't have to like it. I don't know how many times I want to give my feedback on their shipping but can't, and I don't like that there is no spot to write up my impressions on a particular product now.
I'm not sure if this is relevant, but you can actually go to the individual product descriptions on Glossybox.com and submit a review for each product.  There were probably around 6 reviews per items the last time I checked (a few days ago.)  

Originally Posted by lolitam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but you can actually go to the individual product descriptions on Glossybox.com and submit a review for each product.  There were probably around 6 reviews per items the last time I checked (a few days ago.)  
Well, that's new. It looks like they've been updating their site. And when you click on "leave a review" it's different than the "surveys" option for earning Glossydots. Very interesting.

I still have no surveys.  I contacted GB through the website.  Nothing.  THen via twitter, and was told to email.  So I emailed.  Still nothing.  

Originally Posted by lolitam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes! I noticed that a few days ago, too! I only reviewed a couple of items, but it makes me happy to see that they are continually making efforts to improve the website. It gives me a really positive view of the company.

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still have no surveys.  I contacted GB through the website.  Nothing.  THen via twitter, and was told to email.  So I emailed.  Still nothing.  
Grrr, me too.  Tried calling them all day--message was that they are closed and that normal business hours are M-F 9-5.  Then emailed them and left a comment on FB.

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Brio--I called their Cust Svc # today (people are answering the phone today, and they gave me 100 dots.  Apparently, the surveys are up but there's a glitch and a lot of people aren't able to access them (like the same thing doesn't happen every month). 

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Brio--I called their Cust Svc # today (people are answering the phone today, and they gave me 100 dots.  Apparently, the surveys are up but there's a glitch and a lot of people aren't able to access them (like the same thing doesn't happen every month). 
oh - good to know.  I'll try to call when I get a chance since they still haven't responded to my email!

I'm so annoyed with that "brief description of your lifestyle" question being asked EVERY SINGLE TIME that I'm throwing random weird probably useless but true shit at them.  Examples:

I am a single 40-year-old clerical worker with two cats and a fondness for the Dead Kennedys and the works of Tom Savini, Rick Baker, and Stan Winston.
And 

I work for but not in a bank, and I'm annoyed with being asked the same question five times on one account.
And

I stare at computer screens all day through heavy dark purple eyeliner.
I also just sent a snarky-verging-on-witchy email asking if there were any plans to send my October box any time soon.  Yes, I used that exact phrasing.  I'm getting cranky.  I have email confirming that the charge went through but no tracking information anywhere.  I'm in A Mood tonight.

I'm so annoyed with that "brief description of your lifestyle" question being asked EVERY SINGLE TIME that I'm throwing random weird probably useless but true shit at them.  Examples:

And 

And

I also just sent a snarky-verging-on-witchy email asking if there were any plans to send my October box any time soon.  Yes, I used that exact phrasing.  I'm getting cranky.  I have email confirming that the charge went through but no tracking information anywhere.  I'm in A Mood tonight.
Ha! Love your answers! I just started to copy/paste after the second one but a bit of snark probably wouldn't have hurt lol. It was very repetitive. PS sorry about your box not arriving yet - fingers crossed you hear back soon!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And 

And

Love this. Thanks for sharing your creative responses! haha

Back