Gone but not forgotten--what products do you wish would come back?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't makeup, but those crispy M&Ms! They were SO GOOD! I hate pretzel M&Ms, so whenever I see that blue package I'm like "but you use to be so delicious! Why did you leave meeee"

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This isn't makeup, but those crispy M&Ms! They were SO GOOD! I hate pretzel M&Ms, so whenever I see that blue package I'm like "but you use to be so delicious! Why did you leave meeee"
Ah! I loved those too. >_<

My husband and I feel the same way about what we call duck buns. A few years ago every Chinese joint in town served these delicious little steamed buns stuffed with slices of duck in a rich sauce, and scallions. Now there's not a duck bun to be had, anywhere!

For those of you who liked it, my nordstrom rack has a ton of jane products right now. I had never heard of the brand until you all mentioned it, then I saw it there yesterday, so I was quite amused.

MAC had these lip laquers that were like a lipstick and gloss combined and they discontinued those... Also this eyeshadow called Hepcat. It's so pretty I have no idea why they would've discontinued it.

The SunSilk Shampoos and Conditioners. Seriously that made my hair so beautiful and healthy haven't been able to find anything to replace SunSilk :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They sell it everywhere else except the USA, I really wish they would sell it here. 

One more I forgot. Bodycology buttercream body cream. Heavenly. They have Vanilla cupcake as the replacement, but it's just not quite as yummy.

The Healing Garden line. I loved their Green Tea scent. And their white tea, tangerine...well, pretty much all their scents were good to me. Not sure it's gone completely, but I don't find their products anymore at Target or drugstores. I used to love their packaging for the bath salts. It came with this cute little wooden scoop.

I also miss Bath & Body Works Splash Smoothie line. They had an amazing strawberry guava scent that I just adored. I also really liked their cool tangerine sunscreen in the orange tubes. They released it in the summer for maybe 2 or 3 years, then alas, no more!

The one Im saddest about is the entire line of harajuku lovers perfume! Also, Bold and playful body mist by pink VS, Benefits gilded highlighter, Kat von d's saint angeles rollerball and philosophy I love candy corn 3-1.
scared.gif
 I also agree with the herbal essences shampoo and conditioner.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those of you who liked it, my nordstrom rack has a ton of jane products right now. I had never heard of the brand until you all mentioned it, then I saw it there yesterday, so I was quite amused.
No way!  I am really excited you all say it is still around.  I live in a VERY small town in Texas (when I go to the city I will have to check out Nordstrom Rack for it!) 

Thanks!

You can get the original Herbal Essences scent from Vermont Country Store, in a shampoo called Country Herbal. They were able to buy the rights to the fragrance, but not the name.

I'm going back to the 80s on this but I miss Prell shampoo and conditioner and the Vidal Sasoon line. Also the original vo5 line.

I also miss the original Love's Rain Scent. It is hard to describe--smelled like the backcountry after a heavy storm. And the original Love's Fresh Lemon. They have one out now and it's OK, but lacks the zesty tanginess the original had. For those of us who loved The Body Shop's Satsuma, there is an Etsy vendor called ForGoodnessGrape who makes a solid Satsuma stick. I ordered one today and look eagerly forward to trying it.

Bath and Body Works White Ginger and Amber Body Splash.  I have about an inch of it left that I am saving.  It's the only scent that I had ever used up two bottles of.  I love it but not enough to buy it from Ebay since it was discontinued quite a long time ago.

I really miss the Bath and Body Works Sandalwood Rose scent that they had! I totally forgot about it! I remember seeing products online somewhere recently, but it was discontinued a reaaaally long time ago, so I think I'll pass. The shampoo and conditioner smelled divine! I miss it so much lol. 

Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Wish scent. I have one bottle left that I'm using sloooowly. I wore it this past weekend and a woman at a restaurant asked me what I was wearing ~ she said it smelled so good. I told her what it was and that it was discontinued. It was my fav of all the Dream Angels scents..... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They also had a limited edition scent called Peace and Love that was soooo good. I would love to have another bottle.

So many of my favorite items are gone.... probably too many to list!

Salon Selectives hairspray... I still haven't found anything I like as well.

Oh, and Avon's Pink Suede perfume..... *sigh* that one was really good too.

Magical Musk Toujour Moi by Max Factor. I don't remember the scent but I'd love to have it again for the bottle.

Back