Gone but not forgotten--what products do you wish would come back?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybelline dream mousse concealer!!

This was the best concealer for my dark circles, and after years of searching I have yet to find a good replacement.

Sad. Sad. Sad.
ugh.gif

For me there are a few:

Milani Sun Goddess eyeshadow: and eyeshadow that most other shimmery/metallics should ever hope to be. Lovely buttery texture, zero fallout, and with oily lids I could wear it for hours upon hours with no creasing. 

MAC Chocolate Love: why did they discontinue this before I had the chance to buy it? WHHHAAAYYYYY?

MAC Danger Zone Baked e/s Trio: Incredibly pigmented, not at all dry like most baked formulas. I wish I had the chance to buy this because for a photoshoot once and MUA used the trio on me and it looked ridiculously good. 

Cover Girl lipstick in Shimmering Shell. It was a really pretty light peach color. Cannot find a light shimmery peach lipstick anywhere anymore.

Hey just to let you know I loved that rose hip shampoo too and guess what? It's back in stores now!!! Herbal Essences went throwback, so check out your local stores, I heard it's already in Target! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooooh the nail polishes were my favorite!! My favorite nail polish EVER was Dragon's Kiss! This pic is not mine, it's from Deyimizu's blog.

P14-05-11_20.10_%25E5%2589%25AF%25E6%259C%25AC.jpg

My favorites were the NYC Jumbo lipstick pencil in # 371A Tenderness, Calgon Smileys! anybody remember those? Sweet Love smelled sooo amazing! I found one similar at Payless called vanilla pink citrus. And the Bonne Bell smackers and lip glosses they don't carry in stores anymore my favorite was Stellar Kiwi strawberry, I always had that in my pocket! 

Benefit Glamazon Lancôme Flash Bronzer Mousse - I think it's still available in other countries Victoria's Secret Raspberry Glacé

Almay perfume.  Was my favorite and broke my heart when they discontinued it.  =(

When I was younger I loved MAC Hyper Real Foundation. I think my skin would be too dry for it now, but it did make my skin look great. I think it was one of the early silicone foundations so I remember thinking the stuff was like silk! Plus it made me glow with its pearlescent finish.

as a young teen I really liked targets MG line of body washes and solid perfume sticks. miss one of herbal essences older lines from about 2000. very much miss bath and body works Hello Sugar! scented lotion and lip gloss. the summer vanilla series lemon is good, but not the same. I also used to really like one of NYCs eyeshadow trios that was discontinued a long time ago now...it's not a beauty product, but I used to really like balance bars original chocolate flavor, can't stand their newer chocolate one with the gooey syrupy layer.

I miss the original Shine Free collection from Maybelline that came out in the late 80's. Maybelline also made glosses called Kissing Coolers that I always had in my backpack.

I don't know how many people remember Clarion cosmetics, but they were my introduction to labeling myself as "cool" instead of warm or neutral. They had the little touchscreens inside of my local Wal-Mart where you took a small quiz to decide which group of colors suited you best. You can still find Clarion commercials on Youtube. I just watched a few the other day, and I was amazed that I actually remembered some of the lines from them.

Oh wow, Clarion takes me back! My mom bought me a Clarion set for Christmas that I just loved. It was one of my favorite gifts ever, even though the colors were seriously horrible on me, looking back. I just loved putting the blush on with the crappy little brush! Before that, I was only allowed to have lip balms and WnW nail polishes, including the aforementioned Kissing Coolers by Maybelline, so technically the Clarion was my first "real" makeup.

Also, is this weird? I keep a little box of makeup that I call my Nostalgia box. In it I keep some items (mostly lip related) that I used religiously once upon a time and are unusable now, but I can't bear to part with them. I have a few items that I used way back in high school (and you can totally tell I went to school in the 90s based on the colors alone), and I also have some original Urban Decay lipsticks that I sorely miss! I also have this really old Caboodles shimmer lotion that still smells the same, but it's gotta be over 10 years old by now. And don't get me started on the L'Oreal hair products that I still have, with the Mondrian packaging. Aww, I miss that. Man, I'm way too sentimental...

I don't use hair products very much these days, but I do miss Salon Selective's styling products that had the kiwi jasmine scent. I think it was part of their botanical line. It made my hair smell awesome. And I also miss Aussie's Citrifier shampoo, which worked great and also smelled so good that I wished it were a perfume.

clean & clear dissolving makeup cleanser was my holy grail ! the only thing that ever worked for me & it's gone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> same with the wetNwild vanity pallete... I've hit pan on the center matte brown color & no dupe compares :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> if anyone knows where I can get these please message me ! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> xo

Does anyone remember those Huge jumbo lip smackers with the equally large fake gem you could attach on the end with a key chain in the late 90's early 2000's? God I loved those to death when I was a kid/preteen. I also miss the wet n wild "Sand Castle palette" and "Parrot" eyeshadow from Mac (I first got that when I was 14). Umm what else.. Nars loose powder was great too, I used to set my foundation with it everyday (back when I wore full makeup) and the container lasted forever and the powder always looked flawless. I also miss the Hello Kittty collection that was released by MAC in 2009 - to me that was their most awesome, cutest, fantastic collection ever! and it got me so excited at the time you have no idea and made me fall in love with MAC (though this was short lived lol). Sigh...

Back