Gone but not forgotten--what products do you wish would come back?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa. Those are from Revlon? I think I saw one recently in a blog sale or something. I wanna try them now, they look so cute! Aw:(

Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoa. Those are from Revlon? I think I saw one recently in a blog sale or something. I wanna try them now, they look so cute! Aw:(
The line was around in the US from 1996 to around 2001. It was Revlons attempt to keep up with brands like Urban Decay and Hard Candy. The line is still available in India, but the colors are much more subdued and none of the original products are still around. The nail polish in Flash was one of my holy grail items....I missss it 
bawling.gif

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The line was around in the US from 1996 to around 2001. It was Revlons attempt to keep up with brands like Urban Decay and Hard Candy. The line is still available in India, but the colors are much more subdued and none of the original products are still around. I missss it 
bawling.gif

Ack. Now I have to find someone in India. Thanks. . . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The line was around in the US from 1996 to around 2001. It was Revlons attempt to keep up with brands like Urban Decay and Hard Candy. The line is still available in India, but the colors are much more subdued and none of the original products are still around. The nail polish in Flash was one of my holy grail items....I missss it 
bawling.gif

Have you tried Nails Inc's Donmar collection? I think it's a pretty close dupe:

Nails-Inc-The-Donmar-Collection.jpg

Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ack. Now I have to find someone in India. Thanks. . . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Don't bother if you're looking for the original line. The selection in India doesn't even come close. I do wish Revlon would bring back this line. I loved the lipsticks and the nail polishes. I also really miss the original Urban Decay nail polishes in the taller bottles with the black toppers. They both need to release a vintage/retro collection, stat!. (Even though I don't like to think of things from the 90s as vintage!)

Speaking of Urban Decay, I miss three colors most of all: Metropolitan, Roach, and Gash. I believe they had a nail polish, eyeshadow, lip gunk, and lipstick in each color back then. Metropolitan was this great red-toned purple with glitter. Roach was a metallic brown. Gash was (at the time) the best. red. ever! They were awesome, and I wore the heck out of all three shades when I started college. I still have some old UD lipsticks that I've kept just for nostalgia, though I don't use them anymore. They still make eyeshadow in the color Roach, but it's more satin-y now. While I still love the line, I do miss the grittiness that attracted me to them in the first place. They've come a long way.

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamond Lipsticks.

I found this in my moms makeup case. When these came out I remember I had to have all the pretty colors. Too bad this is old and has stuff on it:(

Revlon Streetwear!!! 
laughing.gif

I Loved the lipstick when I was in 6th grade, I vaguely remember the nail polish too, I wonder if my mom has some in her stash still. Lol.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't bother if you're looking for the original line. The selection in India doesn't even come close. I do wish Revlon would bring back this line. I loved the lipsticks and the nail polishes. I also really miss the original Urban Decay nail polishes in the taller bottles with the black toppers. They both need to release a vintage/retro collection, stat!. (Even though I don't like to think of things from the 90s as vintage!)

Speaking of Urban Decay, I miss three colors most of all: Metropolitan, Roach, and Gash. I believe they had a nail polish, eyeshadow, lip gunk, and lipstick in each color back then. Metropolitan was this great red-toned purple with glitter. Roach was a metallic brown. Gash was (at the time) the best. red. ever! They were awesome, and I wore the heck out of all three shades when I started college. I still have some old UD lipsticks that I've kept just for nostalgia, though I don't use them anymore. They still make eyeshadow in the color Roach, but it's more satin-y now. While I still love the line, I do miss the grittiness that attracted me to them in the first place. They've come a long way.
Gash lipstick is on sale for $3 on UD's site right now!!

Gash lipstick is on sale for $3 on UD's site right now!!
I noticed that too! I already have one, purchased at full retail around the time they first came out. Grrr! Don't you hate when that happens? And I guess they're phasing out their lipsticks yet again. The original Gash was more metallic, but the newer one has a better formula. I was a fan of those lipsticks, and really dug the packaging, although they're definitely a pain to store. The little dagger thing makes it impossible to sit straight, but when you put it the other way, it sits straight, but then you have to pull it out to see the color. My favorite red from the '08 lipstick line was Gravity, which was more flattering with my complexion.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also miss the original Love's Rain Scent. It is hard to describe--smelled like the backcountry after a heavy storm. And the original Love's Fresh Lemon. They have one out now and it's OK, but lacks the zesty tanginess the original had.

For those of us who loved The Body Shop's Satsuma, there is an Etsy vendor called ForGoodnessGrape who makes a solid Satsuma stick. I ordered one today and look eagerly forward to trying it.
Is the Love's Rain Scent completely gone. I thought I'd seen it at walmart. I don't really remember how long ago that was. It is a nice scent. I still have the lotion from it.

fun thread!and sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol i miss all the perfume oils from the body shop.especially juba and fuzzy peach.the 2 that are most missed are loreal quick stick foundation stick and chanel brown sugar lipstick.the quick stick was the perfect undereye concealer, face concealer, and foundation in one.i stocked up but they're long gone:(boo!!!! and the chanel brown sugar was the PERFECT shade for me,what a bummer.a gorgeous plummy my lips but better with the just right amount of shimmer.

These guys were the BEST lipgloss ever!  I loved the little tube, and they felt and tasted amazing.  I really wish they were still made, it was pretty heartbreaking when they were discontinued.

Urban Decay Lip Gunk & their old line of nail polishes. The holographic Sally Hansen Prisms. The old line of Bath and Body works scented nail polishes & their cooler body sprays (that looks like there's ice cubes in there, but is really ice cube shaped plastic).

I would have to say Urban Decay's lipstick in Lounge. I am constantly trying to find a similar replacement, but nothing comes close. I think the brown undertones may be a bit too dated to find a modern replacement, but it is also possible its been so long since I have last seen the color in person I can't recall it well enough to match it to anything. It was for sure my all time HG.

L'Occitane Almond & Apple Cleansing oil was my HG makeup remover until they discontinued it for no reason. It was a huge hit and a bestseller :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I miss Bath and Body Works' signature collection shampoos--I'd always grab the Cherry Blossom one during sales for $3. Made my hair smell great, and the voluminizing conditioners didn't weigh down my hair at all. I think they're available online, but I don't love them enough to pay shipping loll.

NARS Sertao was a great peachy, almost bronzy blush/highlighter. Sounds weird, but I don't know how else to describe it lol. It just added a nice bronzy glow on your cheeks without too much color :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. It's the first item I used enough or kept long enough to hit the pan on, so I'm using it sparingly.

Originally Posted by iamthatis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These guys were the BEST lipgloss ever!  I loved the little tube, and they felt and tasted amazing.  I really wish they were still made, it was pretty heartbreaking when they were discontinued.
 I SO loved these! I still have one in my stash of backups, I'm afraid to open it since they don't make them anymore..so sad they were discontinued.

I was also heartbroken when The Body Shop discontinued my fav body butter in almond and their vanilla oil perfume, I have a backup of each but wish I had more. I learned if I love something it will surely be discontinued, so I buy backups.

Unfortunately that did not work with a gold Cabot lipgloss, it was so pigmented and was perfect for a center highlight over lipstick. My backup went bad, smelled awful! I've been searching for a replacement ever since.

Originally Posted by Lisabette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I SO loved these! I still have one in my stash of backups, I'm afraid to open it since they don't make them anymore..so sad they were discontinued.

I was also heartbroken when The Body Shop discontinued my fav body butter in almond and their vanilla oil perfume, I have a backup of each but wish I had more. I learned if I love something it will surely be discontinued, so I buy backups.

Unfortunately that did not work with a gold Cabot lipgloss, it was so pigmented and was perfect for a center highlight over lipstick. My backup went bad, smelled awful! I've been searching for a replacement ever since.
When did they dc this?!  I just bought some at my BS at the end of the summer or so last year!

I miss Thermasilk shampoo, Lancome Color Fever lipsticks, Lancome Teint Idole in Ivoire 1C, Estee Lauder Doublewear in 1C1-SHELL, Max Factor Pan Stik; those are the beauty items off the top of my head.

But I so so SO miss Banana Republic's Beach House home spray!!!!  I desperately wish some indie fragrance maker would dupe it.

Back