Goodies Co. Box - August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "tea" trend........... if I wanted tea, I'd go out and buy tea, I don't so I really would prefer if it wasn't used to take up space in a box. I know that sounds mean and I'm sorry but gosh between the Spinach flavored one in the Goodies Co. box and then because of going with the deluxe box of "Love with Food", not only did I get one of each of the two flavors but I got two of each. So add 2 packs of Indian Spice tea and 2 packs of Spicy Tortilla tea and frankly I'm tea'd out for the month. I might get brave enough to try the Spinach flavored one but I can't eat Spicy foods so the other 4 packs will sit in a dark pantry with the Olives from the Goodies box........ yuck!

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The "tea" trend........... if I wanted tea, I'd go out and buy tea, I don't so I really would prefer if it wasn't used to take up space in a box. I know that sounds mean and I'm sorry but gosh between the Spinach flavored one in the Goodies Co. box and then because of going with the deluxe box of "Love with Food", not only did I get one of each of the two flavors but I got two of each. So add 2 packs of Indian Spice tea and 2 packs of Spicy Tortilla tea and frankly I'm tea'd out for the month. I might get brave enough to try the Spinach flavored one but I can't eat Spicy foods so the other 4 packs will sit in a dark pantry with the Olives from the Goodies box........ yuck!
I am not a tea drinker and try to give them to my FIL. I do not like seeing it in my boxes. I also notice that they do not seem to replenish on their site for the food you can buy. Not sure if it has been a dud or not for them. I did like the Cosmos and Gimballs and  think they replenished and then sold out. Kind of frustrating because the prices were decent when free shipping is included.

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I need to just cancel the regular sub and try the kids one. I am so disappointed by this month and last month that I am considering canceling altogether, but I have kind of childish tastes so maybe the kid's one will be more fun for me.

I thought of doing the same thing.

They sent me two boxes...idk why ...basically the same thing except one had licorice scottie dogs and one had olives and one had lemon water and they other orange...if you are goig to send me an extra box...at least make it better....the apples taste like rotten apples imo

ETA:  the box i can review is the second one that came today.

Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They sent me two boxes...idk why ...basically the same thing except one had licorice scottie dogs and one had olives and one had lemon water and they other orange...if you are goig to send me an extra box...at least make it better....the apples taste like rotten apples imo

ETA:  the box i can review is the second one that came today.

I was just coming here to post this same exact thing, down to the contents and which you can review. I do like the apples though! That and the water are the only really good items, in my opinion. The chips and the protein bars are okay but the rest just sucks. I just canceled my account last night, this is my 2nd month (first was free) and I got 2 boxes so I ended up paying $7 for 3 whole boxes and I STILL don't really think it was that great of a deal! So, screw trying to stay for that next free box. I'm going to upgrade LoveWithFood to their bigger box, I really liked last month's box (minus that savory tea...).

Oh, and I did notice that my email for the month said I was getting a different number box than the one that shows on my account, so that might be where their mistake was in sending us two boxes this month.

They sent me two boxes...idk why ...basically the same thing except one had licorice scottie dogs and one had olives and one had lemon water and they other orange...if you are goig to send me an extra box...at least make it better....the apples taste like rotten apples imo ETA:  the box i can review is the second one that came today.
They sent me two boxes...idk why ...basically the same thing except one had licorice scottie dogs and one had olives and one had lemon water and they other orange...if you are goig to send me an extra box...at least make it better....the apples taste like rotten apples imo ETA:  the box i can review is the second one that came today.
Same here with getting 2 boxes with the same items as you did. I wasn't thrilled with either of them. I do kinda like the kids box so I might just cancel this and keep the kids o e.

I was just coming here to post this same exact thing, down to the contents and which you can review. I do like the apples though! That and the water are the only really good items, in my opinion. The chips and the protein bars are okay but the rest just sucks. I just canceled my account last night, this is my 2nd month (first was free) and I got 2 boxes so I ended up paying $7 for 3 whole boxes and I STILL don't really think it was that great of a deal! So, screw trying to stay for that next free box. I'm going to upgrade LoveWithFood to their bigger box, I really liked last month's box (minus that savory tea...). Oh, and I did notice that my email for the month said I was getting a different number box than the one that shows on my account, so that might be where their mistake was in sending us two boxes this month.
I also got the extra box with the same contents as yours. I'm not thrilled with either of them. I think I might cancel this and stick with the kids one.

Quote: Originally Posted by springerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also got the extra box with the same contents as yours. I'm not thrilled with either of them. I think I might cancel this and stick with the kids one.

Yeah, I might get the kid's box subscription some day because it does look better...I just hope it lasts. The normal box looked really good in the reviews I saw but then I joined and it started to suck, haha.

Did anyone notice you only get 1 point for your review and another if you leave a comment? I notice they are not showing any of the new items in their shop. I bet they have  had a lot of subscriptions cancelled.

Quote:Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone notice you only get 1 point for your review and another if you leave a comment? I notice they are not showing any of the new items in their shop. I bet they have  had a lot of subscriptions cancelled.

I noticed that as well. It would take you about 2 years to earn a free box now, so there's not much point in reviewing products if you're only doing it to earn points.

Sounds like the whole operation is going to hell rapidly.
plain.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there a way to see what possibilities there are for the month before you let them charge you?

Unfortunately, no.  They don't do spoilers.  You can find out what's in your box once they ship it, but not before you're charged.

Back