Goodies Co. Box - August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay! My boxes came! And they brought their friends Bluum box and Martha Stewart Glossybox! I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually liked my Goodies boxes. The big box of cookie mix will be put to good use (hubby and kids) and I actually prefer only getting one of th things like the granola thin and fiber one bar, as I have had difficulty in the past eating entire boxes of things like that. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> A couple of the things were the same items as in the kids box, but whatever, I have 2 starving boys every day after school. I really liked the kids box as well, a full size box of some crackers and a bunch of little samples, perfect for after school, but not enough to spoil supper. I can see how people wouldn't like these boxes if you don't have family members who will eat all the stuff you don't like though.

I really wish I got the cookie mix box. I got the box with eye health juice. I changed my profile to say I had kids. Single people like cookies too! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box came today it had a bag of chips that wasn't in my profile. I think I might try orange glad as well bc I have a sweet tooth.

The food samples are even tinier in person, I'm glad this box was free because I'm in no way impressed. No theme, no card, maybe...no thought? The boyfriend really wanted this one to be good but I'm canceling. I honestly don't know what they're doing - they just expanded but the main box is downhill fast. Hmm, if it weren't for the constant promos I swear I'd think they were trying to thin out subscribers and then bring back the good boxes lol

My boxes came yesterday and I must say they seem to have put more thought into the kids box this month. I got box number 2 and my coffee thing was missing but I did get the scary aloe drink. I wish I had gotten something other than that. I will keep my sub to them for a couple more months just to see if they get better but I have not been happy with them the last couple of months.

Originally Posted by Superfish19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really wish I got the cookie mix box. I got the box with eye health juice. I changed my profile to say I had kids. Single people like cookies too!
frown.gif
I know! That would have made it worthwhile to me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Scary aloe drink, weird veggie chips, and coffee (that I won't drink)...so I paid $7 for a tiny bag of cookie chips and gummies. If there's another bad month next month I'm either canceling or switching to the kids box. Hopefully the profile changes help!

My oven doesn't even work right now and I still would have rather had the cookie mix than what I got lol.

I'm giving them one more month. Since I get a free box. I changed my profile to say I'm married with 3 kids one in each age level. Maybe I'll get some cookies instead of aloe drink.

This is odd, I emailed them to tell them I didn't get their crappy coffee sample in my box and got no response but I do have ten less points today than I did before I emailed them?? Are they punishing me for their mistake?

Originally Posted by SamhopeM /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is odd, I emailed them to tell them I didn't get their crappy coffee sample in my box and got no response but I do have ten less points today than I did before I emailed them?? Are they punishing me for their mistake?
rofl2.gif

i hope it was a mistake, but the idea of them doing that makes me laugh

If you do cancel, make sure you review before doing so. They wont let you do any reviews or even view your past boxes once you've canceled. I just learned the hard way. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, with the reviews of everything in my boxes I had enough for a free box despite the weird missing ten points thing. So, I'll definitely be getting at least one more box from them. Seems like they got a lot of complaints about the August box on their FB page, maybe they'll actually listen and make the next box better.

I paid $7 for:

sun flower seeds - .07 oz.

pop lets - free sample

sour gummy - .05 oz.

veggi crisps - 1.25 oz.

coffee brewstick - 1 

ojo, mango fruit drink - 8 fl. oz.

The poplets I ate in one mouthful = $.05

The seeds are 1/5 the size of what you buy for 99 cents at a gas station = $.20

The gummy's are Halloween size, worth 25 cents = $.20

Chips are what delis give you for free when you buy a sandwhich = $.25  

Ojo drink, interesting but can't carry the weight for the box = $1.50

Coffee stick, really one?!?!?!? = $.50

ZoomButt.gif

The contents are worth a whopping $2.70!  I think that it bothers me even more to know that this is run by Walmart, the retails GIANT, what translates to less then $3 for me, probably took them $1 to procure.

I'm putting my account on hold until they can produce two boxes worth $7.  I think someone in Walmart is rubbing their grubby little hands together.

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know! That would have made it worthwhile to me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />Scary aloe drink, weird veggie chips, and coffee (that I won't drink)...so I paid $7 for a tiny bag of cookie chips and gummies. If there's another bad month next month I'm either canceling or switching to the kids box. Hopefully the profile changes help!

I would have LOVED the scary aloe drink!  They are tastey.  

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you do cancel, make sure you review before doing so. They wont let you do any reviews or even view your past boxes once you've canceled. I just learned the hard way. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for the reminder!!  I've got 330 pts just clicked to redeem for a free one for next month, then it's on to Orange pastures! 

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I paid $7 for:

sun flower seeds - .07 oz.

pop lets - free sample

sour gummy - .05 oz.

veggi crisps - 1.25 oz.

coffee brewstick - 1 

ojo, mango fruit drink - 8 fl. oz.

The poplets I ate in one mouthful = $.05

The seeds are 1/5 the size of what you buy for 99 cents at a gas station = $.20

The gummy's are Halloween size, worth 25 cents = $.20

Chips are what delis give you for free when you buy a sandwhich = $.25  

Ojo drink, interesting but can't carry the weight for the box = $1.50

Coffee stick, really one?!?!?!? = $.50

ZoomButt.gif

The contents are worth a whopping $2.70!  I think that it bothers me even more to know that this is run by Walmart, the retails GIANT, what translates to less then $3 for me, probably took them $1 to procure.

I'm putting my account on hold until they can produce two boxes worth $7.  I think someone in Walmart is rubbing their grubby little hands together.

I would have LOVED the scary aloe drink!  They are tastey.  

ZoomButt.gif

Mine is still unopened, I can send it to you if you like.

I received my first box on Thursday.  It was meh.  I only liked the gummies, really.  Was thinking that I will likely cancel.  I went on their page and found that they are a Walmart company.. it helped me make up my mind! Bye Goodies!

I wasn't happy with this month's box either. I'm so tired of getting these artificial drinks..just yuck! Plus, all of these small samples are reminding me of the foil packets sent out in my beauty boxes!

My box this month was BAD!!!! I stopped it for a month I might just all out cancel but the last 2 boxes have not wowed me in any way and don't seem worth the money.  Any suggestions for something new to pick up?  How is love with food?

My box this month was BAD!!!! I stopped it for a month I might just all out cancel but the last 2 boxes have not wowed me in any way and don't seem worth the money.  Any suggestions for something new to pick up?  How is love with food?
I love Love with Food, but some of the samples are small in that too. I put myself on the waiting list for the larger box they are coming out with. I like it better than Goodies, which I still have and better than Naturebox, which I cancelled. If you're into healthy snacks, I love Kona Kase, just got my second month today and it is definitely my favorite food sub.

Back