Goodies Co. Box - August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today and it is clearly time for me to cancel. While $7 isn't much for a month, when I think of it as $84 for a year, that is too much to spend on this little box of air.

I won't use a box of cookie mix... I will have to donate that.  If I'm going to make cookies, I make them from scratch.  For me a box is no easier.  Also, it only makes 2 dozen cookies, which seems small.

All of the other items were tiny smaller than one real snack size.  Totally not worth $7.

Nature Valley Granola thins: 1 small thin, 0.6 oz.

Mott's Medleys fruit snacks, a small size that one would fine in a bulk box of fruit snacks.  1/2 oz?

Sea Salt and Butter Poplets.  Again, no size, but I would guess 1/2 oz or less

Tangy Zangy Twisties Sour Wild Berry in .5 oz package

Fiber One 90 calorie brownie:  the biggest item at 0.89 oz (so still small)

Barnies Coffee Kitchen Liquid Coffee concentrate to make one cup of coffee.

oh no my fears are true then...tiny sizes. the concentrate is for one cup?! 

I got my box today and it is clearly time for me to cancel. While $7 isn't much for a month, when I think of it as $84 for a year, that is too much to spend on this little box of air.

I won't use a box of cookie mix... I will have to donate that.  If I'm going to make cookies, I make them from scratch.  For me a box is no easier.  Also, it only makes 2 dozen cookies, which seems small.

All of the other items were tiny smaller than one real snack size.  Totally not worth $7.

Mott's Medleys fruit snacks, a small size that one would fine in a bulk box of fruit snacks.  1/2 oz?

That's disappointing. I thought last month's five-crackers-in-a-package snack was bad, but this sounds even worse. I'll see what I get, but I'm probably cancelling. Half of those items I see regularly at the grocery store. This box used to send out some different or sort of unique foods, but you can get almost all of this stuff (or a similar product) at the store no problem.

ZoomButt.gif

This is my selection, absolutely not feeling the $7 value for these, ringing in at $5 tops, so the question - is the box worth the $2, maybe~    Sea Salt & Butter
by Rocky Mountain Popcorn

Cafe Blues
by Barnie's Coffee

Mango Blackcurrant (beverage)
by Ojo Nectar

Wild Fruit (sour candy chew)
by Morris National Inc.

Hidden Valley Ranch Sunflower Seeds
by Thanasi

My box just hit my post office!  Hopefully I get it today (not supposed to be delivered til tomorrow, but my PO is pretty good!).

And yeah, I totally caved and checked my box contents... My box looks like it has 7 items?

Sea Salt & Butter

Southern Pecan
by Barnie's Coffee

Hershey's Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
by General Mills

Chocolate Fudge Brownie
by General Mills

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
by General Mills

Mott's Medley's Assorted Fruit Snacks
by General Mills

Wild Berry
by Morris National Inc.
Maybe not all the items are worth $1 each, but a few are worth more than $1 so I think this box would work out to approximately $7.  And I'm always able to find a good use for the boxes!  Also I'm pleased because 3 out of 7 items have chocolate!  I got to 300 points, so I redeemed for the free Sept box.  We'll see from there.  But this month looks good!

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

This is my selection, absolutely not feeling the $7 value for these, ringing in at $5 tops, so the question - is the box worth the $2, maybe~    Sea Salt & Butter

Cafe Blues
by Barnie's Coffee

Mango Blackcurrant (beverage)
by Ojo Nectar

Wild Fruit (sour candy chew)
by Morris National Inc.

Hidden Valley Ranch Sunflower Seeds
by Thanasi

This is my first month, it was free w/ a code.  I am getting this same box, #6.  Are all boxes supposed to have the same amount of items since I am seeing others with more than 5.  Just curious.   Thanks.

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here - box 7, no ship date, free box. ... did they just stick everyone with the free box on box 7 and throw us dead last in line for shipping? Goodies, you seem to be actively *trying* to give me reasons to cancel lately..
I received my free box today.  It was box 3.  

Box is here! It's the smaller one with the insert! Hooray for matching nail polish boxes! However, this month the divider insert is actually attached to the box, which made flipping it a bit awkward. Here's some photos and my opinion!

Items in my box:

The cookie mix really makes the box.  I'm a lazy baker, so having a mix is fine with me, and it has a Box Tops (which I collect and send in to my kids' school.  The rest of the items are laughably small.  My kids can go through them in one sitting.  I'll possibly be able to hold them at bay long enough to grab the brownie for myself!

First I unfolded the box and laid it flat.  Then I "re-bent" the cardboard along the seams in the opposite direction, so it would come together easier.  Pay special attention to the sides, where there are two little seams next to each other.  They both need to be re-folded.  Then flip the box over so the plain cardboard is facing up, and start re-assembling.

Here is the re-assembled box next to the one I repurposed last month.  I'm going to split my nail collections into spring/summer and fall/winter and have half in each box.  My first one was getting pretty crowded already, this will give me room to grow! 

And finally, a shot of my project from last month!  This could store many things - craft items, makeup, snacks for a trip, etc.  Have fun!  Hopefully this helps someone see the good in these boxes!

This is the box I received too.  The only things unique in the box is the Barnies Coffee and the Poplets.  However, the poplet bag is so small, there isn't even a net wt on it.  The coffee will go to my teenager (he is the coffee drinker in the house).  I haven't bought fruit snacks or twisties since my son was little, not sure if anyone will eat those. If not, guess I can give it out at Halloween.  Cookie mix, save for Thanksgiving, maybe.  I figured the box was worth $4-$4.50. Thank goodness mine was free.  

I received the same box as magicalmom. Although it was underwhelming, the snacks will be nice to have on hand since I'm starting fall semester at the end of the month. I also now have the cookies to make when my new tabletop oven arrives! I'm just glad it showed up with my Popsugar box so that I wouldn't be quite as disappointed.

I am actually really jealous of the

fruit snacks, brownies, and cookie mixes...I'll just be over here with my weird veggie chips and aloe drink...

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

fruit snacks, brownies, and cookie mixes...I'll just be over here with my weird veggie chips and aloe drink...
lmao!!! I'd share but I was hungry when my box showed up today and in 10 minutes flat, I had gone through the brownie and the Tangy Zangy Twisties. Now I'm polishing off the fruit chews... It took me now less than 15 minutes to break into and destroy my "Love with Food" box when it arrived yesterday... I will need to cancel these not because of the size of products but because I have no control whatsoever when I'm going through my boxes for the first time!

I just went through and changed up my little profile thingy last month.  I was getting some super-gross stuff (honey-dijon seaweed, anyone?), so I tried putting in a more "everyday soccer mom" vibe and ended up with all the cookies.  And I'm ok with that.  It's probably not enough for me to stay after next month's box, but at least it got me a better box this month.

Cancelling.  I will use the cookie mix in my box but everything else is too small to be wroth mentioning.  I  think the retail value is 5 dollars max.  Like I said last month I don't expect miracles but I expect $7 of goodies.  This was my free month, so bye Goodies! It was fun while it lasted.

The interesting thing was the honey Dijon seaweed was one of my favorite things in that underwhelming box. I missed out on the aloe though.

Awww, man! I actually LOVE honey Dijon seaweed. I think I need to change my profile to get stuff like that! And the above-mentioned drink thing. I love that stuff too but I'm not getting it. I have pretty good control with Goodie box and Love with food, but when Skoshbox comes, my son and I have a hard time not devouring the whole thing.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just went through and changed up my little profile thingy last month.  I was getting some super-gross stuff (honey-dijon seaweed, anyone?), so I tried putting in a more "everyday soccer mom" vibe and ended up with all the cookies.  And I'm ok with that.  It's probably not enough for me to stay after next month's box, but at least it got me a better box this month.
Soccer mom vibe? Hmmm, it seems like the profile I initially filled out about how adventurous I am and such isn't there anymore. Are you talking about the one with age and other demographic information? How did you change it exactly? Because...I want all the cookies. So if I have to say I have eight children and am married to get cookies, I am more than okay with that.

Oh no!  I promise, I was not trying to insult anyone with my "Ew! Seaweed! Gross!" moment. 
icon_redface.gif
 My entire family tried it and let out a collective "YUCK", but I totally understand that tastes differ.  I did have my profile set up as "Adventurous! Social Butterfly! Send me the crazy stuff!" until I realized that I really just don't like it.  And I'm much happier now with my pre-packaged brownie, but at this point, I should really start buying my own snacks.  

Also, my husband has threatened to run away from home if I collect any more of these Goodies Boxes!  Honey, one more, I SWEAR.  And only because it's free 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Soccer mom vibe? Hmmm, it seems like the profile I initially filled out about how adventurous I am and such isn't there anymore. Are you talking about the one with age and other demographic information? How did you change it exactly? Because...I want all the cookies. So if I have to say I have eight children and am married to get cookies, I am more than okay with that.

Hope this helps!  Here's my profile:

Age - 25-34

Gender - Female

Status - Married

Ppl in house - (I would put at least 4)

Children 4 or younger (put 1 or 2 for the young kid snacks)

Children 5-12 (again, 1-2 here)

Children 13-17 (I put zero because teenagers like weird stuff)

Total Household Income (something right in the middle, I don't think this one matters)

Grocery Stores - Walmart & Target.  (Putting stuff like Trader Joe's gets you seaweed.)

Choosing a new snack - Taste

First snack you grab - Sweet

Shop online for food - Yes

Which retailers (I put Amazon, but I don't think this one matters much)

Social Networks - Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest

Blog - Yes

New Ideas for Goodies Points - discount in store

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope this helps!  Here's my profile:

Age - 25-34

Gender - Female

Status - Married

Ppl in house - (I would put at least 4)

Children 4 or younger (put 1 or 2 for the young kid snacks)

Children 5-12 (again, 1-2 here)

Children 13-17 (I put zero because teenagers like weird stuff)

Total Household Income (something right in the middle, I don't think this one matters)

Grocery Stores - Walmart & Target.  (Putting stuff like Trader Joe's gets you seaweed.)

Choosing a new snack - Taste

First snack you grab - Sweet

Shop online for food - Yes

Which retailers (I put Amazon, but I don't think this one matters much)

Social Networks - Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest

Blog - Yes

New Ideas for Goodies Points - discount in store
Thank you! We are pretty much profile twins now except I also said Costco for the stores one. And I magically have three kids! They grow up so fast. 
wink.gif
 Now here's hoping they send me cookies!

Also, idk if this has been noted before, but it looks like you can delay/cancel now without having to send an email?

Back