Goodies Co. Box - August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this helps!  Here's my profile: Age - 25-34 Gender - Female Status - Married Ppl in house - (I would put at least 4) Children 4 or younger (put 1 or 2 for the young kid snacks) Children 5-12 (again, 1-2 here) Children 13-17 (I put zero because teenagers like weird stuff) Total Household Income (something right in the middle, I don't think this one matters) Grocery Stores - Walmart & Target.  (Putting stuff like Trader Joe's gets you seaweed.) Choosing a new snack - Taste First snack you grab - Sweet Shop online for food - Yes Which retailers (I put Amazon, but I don't think this one matters much) Social Networks - Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest Blog - Yes New Ideas for Goodies Points - discount in store
Thanks for this! It's pretty close to my actual profile, so I'm gonna change it up and put it opposite so ican get the weird stuff only weirdos like me enjoy. lol

Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope this helps!  Here's my profile:

Age - 25-34

Gender - Female

Status - Married

Ppl in house - (I would put at least 4)

Children 4 or younger (put 1 or 2 for the young kid snacks)

Children 5-12 (again, 1-2 here)

Children 13-17 (I put zero because teenagers like weird stuff)

Total Household Income (something right in the middle, I don't think this one matters)

Grocery Stores - Walmart & Target.  (Putting stuff like Trader Joe's gets you seaweed.)

Choosing a new snack - Taste

First snack you grab - Sweet

Shop online for food - Yes

Which retailers (I put Amazon, but I don't think this one matters much)

Social Networks - Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest

Blog - Yes

New Ideas for Goodies Points - discount in store
Thanks for this! It's pretty close to my actual profile, so I'm gonna change it up and put it opposite so ican get the weird stuff only weirdos like me enjoy. lol

Haha anytime!  May you get all the crazy foods!  (and my take on the items so far - my older son liked the Mott's fruit chews, my younger son LOVED the popcorn-ish things, even though I thought they were too chewy, and the brownie is DELISH. I kind of wish they made a 900 calorie version instead of that tiny 90 calorie square!  
18.gif
 )

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope this helps!  Here's my profile:

Age - 25-34

Gender - Female

Status - Married

Ppl in house - (I would put at least 4)

Children 4 or younger (put 1 or 2 for the young kid snacks)

Children 5-12 (again, 1-2 here)

Children 13-17 (I put zero because teenagers like weird stuff)

Total Household Income (something right in the middle, I don't think this one matters)

Grocery Stores - Walmart & Target.  (Putting stuff like Trader Joe's gets you seaweed.)

Choosing a new snack - Taste

First snack you grab - Sweet

Shop online for food - Yes

Which retailers (I put Amazon, but I don't think this one matters much)

Social Networks - Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest

Blog - Yes

New Ideas for Goodies Points - discount in store
I have no small kids and I still got the kid snacks.  I Just changed my profile to add Trader Joes because my teen would have loved trying the seaweed things. I will see what next month brings before writing them off.  

They really just need to have "adventurous eaters" "classics" and "somewhere in the middle" as their profile options...

So I changed my profile in hopes to get some interesting treats.  I put Trader Joes on there and took off Walmart and I lost 10 points.  I put Walmart back on there and I got the 10 points back.  

When I called to cancel Naturebox, they offered to set up my account to select my own snacks. They also offered a discount. If you call, be prepared to be on hold for a long time. The first time I called, I was on hold for 20 minutes. The second time, I was on hold for 15 minutes, was connected to an operator and then disconnected, called again and was on hold for an additional 10 minutes. I canceled my sub with them because of this.
When I canceled it was quick. She offered to let me pick my snacks which I already did. But not discount. She seemed very standoffish wasn't even trying to keep my business. So I'm not sorry to see them go.

Originally Posted by Superfish19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I canceled it was quick. She offered to let me pick my snacks which I already did. But not discount. She seemed very standoffish wasn't even trying to keep my business. So I'm not sorry to see them go.
They offered me a discount, but the representative I talked to when I cancelled Naturebox was also standoffish and borderline rude. She asked me to take a survey, and after the first question I could tell she didn't like my answer, so she cut me off mid-sentence and stopped the survey! Even though the way it's set up now makes Naturebox seem better than before, I'm hesitant to join again because the customer service was dreadful.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box is here! It's the smaller one with the insert! Hooray for matching nail polish boxes! However, this month the divider insert is actually attached to the box, which made flipping it a bit awkward. Here's some photos and my opinion!

Items in my box:

The cookie mix really makes the box.  I'm a lazy baker, so having a mix is fine with me, and it has a Box Tops (which I collect and send in to my kids' school.  The rest of the items are laughably small.  My kids can go through them in one sitting.  I'll possibly be able to hold them at bay long enough to grab the brownie for myself!

First I unfolded the box and laid it flat.  Then I "re-bent" the cardboard along the seams in the opposite direction, so it would come together easier.  Pay special attention to the sides, where there are two little seams next to each other.  They both need to be re-folded.  Then flip the box over so the plain cardboard is facing up, and start re-assembling.

Here is the re-assembled box next to the one I repurposed last month.  I'm going to split my nail collections into spring/summer and fall/winter and have half in each box.  My first one was getting pretty crowded already, this will give me room to grow! 

And finally, a shot of my project from last month!  This could store many things - craft items, makeup, snacks for a trip, etc.  Have fun!  Hopefully this helps someone see the good in these boxes!
Oh my gosh! That is a great idea, Thanks! I usually just toss mine into the recycling.

Originally Posted by SASU42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box is here! It's the smaller one with the insert! Hooray for matching nail polish boxes! However, this month the divider insert is actually attached to the box, which made flipping it a bit awkward. Here's some photos and my opinion!

Items in my box:

The cookie mix really makes the box.  I'm a lazy baker, so having a mix is fine with me, and it has a Box Tops (which I collect and send in to my kids' school.  The rest of the items are laughably small.  My kids can go through them in one sitting.  I'll possibly be able to hold them at bay long enough to grab the brownie for myself!

First I unfolded the box and laid it flat.  Then I "re-bent" the cardboard along the seams in the opposite direction, so it would come together easier.  Pay special attention to the sides, where there are two little seams next to each other.  They both need to be re-folded.  Then flip the box over so the plain cardboard is facing up, and start re-assembling.

Here is the re-assembled box next to the one I repurposed last month.  I'm going to split my nail collections into spring/summer and fall/winter and have half in each box.  My first one was getting pretty crowded already, this will give me room to grow! 

And finally, a shot of my project from last month!  This could store many things - craft items, makeup, snacks for a trip, etc.  Have fun!  Hopefully this helps someone see the good in these boxes!
Oh my gosh! That is a great idea, Thanks! I usually just toss mine into the recycling.

Thank you!  I got the idea from the Goodies FB page, where someone posted that they liked the lining pattern so much, they flipped the box around and used it for storage!  The bigger boxes are great for holding papers, and these smaller ones are great for divided storage.   I have the June box (a bigger one) holding my kids' school supplies until I pack them in their backpacks this weekend!

So I changed my profile in hopes to get some interesting treats.  I put Trader Joes on there and took off Walmart and I lost 10 points.  I put Walmart back on there and I got the 10 points back.  
I went in and checked Walmart on my profile and just got 10 more points!

Originally Posted by lauren2828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by melann1974 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went in and checked Walmart on my profile and just got 10 more points!
I redeemed 300 points for a free box a few days ago, and now my account says I have -15 points!  
icon_scratch.gif

got box 3 i think? Box of cookie mix plus a bunch of tiny samples. I did an unboxing video, and was glad to catch my honest first thoughts of the cruddiness of this box. This box reminds me why i almost canceled in the spring. BOOOO. I tried reviewing items and I swear, I think they changed that on me now too. Weren't the reviews worth like 5 points at least? I clicked on this month's box to get my points to see if i could get to 300 and get 1 more free box out of them and now it says reviews are worth 2 points!!!! I swear they were more than that! i don't even see the option to take a pic for 1 extra point anymore. 

Nice, my box took almost 3 full days to make it from Kansas City, KS to Chicago. So it's still a state away. My stuff may be expired with how long shipping is taking. Edited to add: My Bluum box is right along with it. Kansas City to Chicago trip, scanned within minutes of the Goodies box. Weird!

Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice, my box took almost 3 full days to make it from Kansas City, KS to Chicago. So it's still a state away. My stuff may be expired with how long shipping is taking.

Edited to add: My Bluum box is right along with it. Kansas City to Chicago trip, scanned within minutes of the Goodies box. Weird!
Hah. If it makes you feel better my box is still far off and at earliest will be here Thursday. Shipping patterns are so odd

My box (7) FINALLY arrived.. and seriously, what a joke. I thought last month was bad, but the sample sizes in this month are an utter joke. The biggest thing is the 8 oz drink and a bag of spinach chips that are vending machine size. They gave me one tiny packet of liquid coffee stick, a .5 oz thing of gummies that maybe has 2 gummies in it, a similarly pea sized packet of 'cookie crackers'.. and my personal favorite, a bag of 'poplets' corn centers that is completely flat, maybe 2 inches by 2 inches with half a handful of poplets. And the packet says 'free sample'. lol.

So.. yea.. that pretty much confirms it for me. I'm canceling. The value of my box probably isnt even 3 bucks.

I got a box of cookie mix, "pop lets" corn crunches, liquid coffee, 2 gummy packets and I think That's it? I know when I opened it I was disappointed. I don't want cookie mix, my bf doesn't eat that so I will have to take it to work after I make them. Disappointed in this month!!!!!

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box (7) FINALLY arrived.. and seriously, what a joke. I thought last month was bad, but the sample sizes in this month are an utter joke. The biggest thing is the 8 oz drink and a bag of spinach chips that are vending machine size. They gave me one tiny packet of liquid coffee stick, a .5 oz thing of gummies that maybe has 2 gummies in it, a similarly pea sized packet of 'cookie crackers'.. and my personal favorite, a bag of 'poplets' corn centers that is completely flat, maybe 2 inches by 2 inches with half a handful of poplets. And the packet says 'free sample'. lol.

So.. yea.. that pretty much confirms it for me. I'm canceling. The value of my box probably isnt even 3 bucks.
Exact same box. And I am canceling as well. Just not worth it.

I am so disappointed...again. The kid was so sad when he saw this box. Everything was so tiny and graham cracker thingy was crushed to dust.

Good bye Goodie. Hello Orange Glad.

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same box here. I can't believe how small some of these items are. Seriously, Goodies?! I'm cancelling.

Back