Goodies Co. Box - August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by tazdvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My goodies page has the things I will be reviewing. Doesn't look half bad.
Looks pretty good this month, a lot of things I have tried before but that don't bother me bc $7 is a good price

hmm i wonder if that means is not the final list for my box...

some of those are interesting but I think it bugs me that once again i might get multple packs of chip like snacks...popcorn,crackers,chips. i mean I get it but if they're all snack size then I just got 3 small backs of carbs and the rest...

mostly disappointed bc I really want goodies to do well, but after last month I needed a reason to not cancel. 

we'll see when it arrives how I feel

When I called to cancel Naturebox, they offered to set up my account to select my own snacks. They also offered a discount. If you call, be prepared to be on hold for a long time. The first time I called, I was on hold for 20 minutes. The second time, I was on hold for 15 minutes, was connected to an operator and then disconnected, called again and was on hold for an additional 10 minutes. I canceled my sub with them because of this.
Glad I didn't bother calling then. I cancelled through email, but I'll probably re-sub in the future using the Popsugar code, if I remember before it expires.

Pretty disappointed this month, though I might be more enthused once I actually get my box based on sizes and all that.

Sea salt popcorn is of course a winner, but I can buy that pretty much anywhere.

I don't drink coffee so that Cafe Blues instant packet is kind of lost on me. I'll probably give it to someone else though.

I will eat the wildberry twists, but meh.

I'm not sure what the aloe drink tastes like, and I'll try not to judge it until I try it, but...it definitely sounds a little unpleasant.

I am all about the cookie crackers, but I prefer my veggies fresh, not in chip-form.

Originally Posted by lucyla8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2.2 lbs this month...
Ooh I wonder if we're getting the big box or the little box size this month!  I always love the big boxes for storage, but the little box made such a cute nail polish box last month that I want another one so I can split my selection into fall/winter and spring/summer colors!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh I wonder if we're getting the big box or the little box size this month!  I always love the big boxes for storage, but the little box made such a cute nail polish box last month that I want another one so I can split my selection into fall/winter and spring/summer colors!
Oh! I forgot about the different box sizes...  The tracking says the dimension are 9x9x9 so that doesn't help.  Last month it was 10x9x4 and the bigger boxes were 13x9x4.

Oh! I forgot about the different box sizes...  The tracking says the dimension are 9x9x9 so that doesn't help.  Last month it was 10x9x4 and the bigger boxes were 13x9x4.
my box is the same as last month, 10x9x4 in according to fedex. i hope youre not getting a smaller box lol

Pretty disappointed this month, though I might be more enthused once I actually get my box based on sizes and all that.
Sea salt popcorn is of course a winner, but I can buy that pretty much anywhere.   I don't drink coffee so that Cafe Blues instant packet is kind of lost on me. I'll probably give it to someone else though.   I will eat the wildberry twists, but meh.   I'm not sure what the aloe drink tastes like, and I'll try not to judge it until I try it, but...it definitely sounds a little unpleasant.   I am all about the cookie crackers, but I prefer my veggies fresh, not in chip-form.
Awwww, mine doesn't list the 4th thing on your list as being in my box. I love that stuff! But it's definitely not for everyone and I think a lot of people will complain. But, that's the point of the sample boxes, so you try new things you wouldn't otherwise buy. I do wish there were a least a couple healthy treats in mine, though, and not all junk food.

Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my box is the same as last month, 10x9x4 in according to fedex. i hope youre not getting a smaller box lol
Ha - I'm sure they'll update it later on...  Does yours say 2.2 lbs also?

Quote: Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha - I'm sure they'll update it later on...  Does yours say 2.2 lbs also?

What the...? Mine is only 1.8 lbs!  
eusa_snooty.gif
 Darn it, Goodies!  (Although my box is 10x9x4).  No idea why there's a weight difference!  I have box 3, if that helps.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What the...? Mine is only 1.8 lbs!  
eusa_snooty.gif
 Darn it, Goodies!  (Although my box is 10x9x4).  No idea why there's a weight difference!  I have box 3, if that helps.
Box 1 here...

Mine is Box 7, and there's not even an estimated shipping date or anything. It still says "processing," even though it was a free box.

Originally Posted by Imberis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is Box 7, and there's not even an estimated shipping date or anything. It still says "processing," even though it was a free box.
Same here - box 7, no ship date, free box. ... did they just stick everyone with the free box on box 7 and throw us dead last in line for shipping? Goodies, you seem to be actively *trying* to give me reasons to cancel lately..

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here - box 7, no ship date, free box. ... did they just stick everyone with the free box on box 7 and throw us dead last in line for shipping? Goodies, you seem to be actively *trying* to give me reasons to cancel lately..
I'm receiving my month free and it has shipped. But getting Box 1. I think they just ship in numerical order. Not sure how they assign box numbers though.

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

although I agree about actively trying to get me to cancel 
wink.gif
 not all the free boxes are the same number, Im getting box 1 and it shipped yesterday (with actual fedex updating)

I got my box today and it is clearly time for me to cancel. While $7 isn't much for a month, when I think of it as $84 for a year, that is too much to spend on this little box of air.

I won't use a box of cookie mix... I will have to donate that.  If I'm going to make cookies, I make them from scratch.  For me a box is no easier.  Also, it only makes 2 dozen cookies, which seems small.

All of the other items were tiny smaller than one real snack size.  Totally not worth $7.

Nature Valley Granola thins: 1 small thin, 0.6 oz.

Mott's Medleys fruit snacks, a small size that one would fine in a bulk box of fruit snacks.  1/2 oz?

Sea Salt and Butter Poplets.  Again, no size, but I would guess 1/2 oz or less

Tangy Zangy Twisties Sour Wild Berry in .5 oz package

Fiber One 90 calorie brownie:  the biggest item at 0.89 oz (so still small)

Barnies Coffee Kitchen Liquid Coffee concentrate to make one cup of coffee.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today and it is clearly time for me to cancel. While $7 isn't much for a month, when I think of it as $84 for a year, that is too much to spend on this little box of air.

I won't use a box of cookie mix... I will have to donate that.  If I'm going to make cookies, I make them from scratch.  For me a box is no easier.  Also, it only makes 2 dozen cookies, which seems small.

All of the other items were tiny smaller than one real snack size.  Totally not worth $7.

Nature Valley Granola thins: 1 small thin, 0.6 oz.

Mott's Medleys fruit snacks, a small size that one would fine in a bulk box of fruit snacks.  1/2 oz?

Sea Salt and Butter Poplets.  Again, no size, but I would guess 1/2 oz or less

Tangy Zangy Twisties Sour Wild Berry in .5 oz package

Fiber One 90 calorie brownie:  the biggest item at 0.89 oz (so still small)

Barnies Coffee Kitchen Liquid Coffee concentrate to make one cup of coffee.

I'm sorry you didn't like it!  I'm pretty much going to cancel after redeeming points for a free box next month.  

Can I be super-rude and ask if they sent the items in a big box or a small box this month?  And if a small box, did they include the cardboard divider inside?  Thank you so much for indulging my curiosity!

Back