Goodies Co. Box - August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box this month was BAD!!!! I stopped it for a month I might just all out cancel but the last 2 boxes have not wowed me in any way and don't seem worth the money.  Any suggestions for something new to pick up?  How is love with food?
I had and cancelled love with food but it seems like maybe I just got in on a bad month. If you like sweets I would definitely recommend orange glad though. They are fabulous.

Next month will be my last, since it's free. I changed my profile too. I would have loved the cookie mix that some people received. I guess single childless people don't get cookies they get eye health juice.

Originally Posted by Superfish19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next month will be my last, since it's free. I changed my profile too. I would have loved the cookie mix that some people received. I guess single childless people don't get cookies they get eye health juice.
hahaha! I'm in the same boat as you. I did go back a few month's and found I didn't review a few items, so I got myself a free box. September could be my last box.

I'm going to continue with Goodies. The sample sizes were small this month except for the cookie mix but I've received two free boxes in 7 months so that brings the total cost down. And, the kids now know what the box is so as soon as it arrives they hover around asking if there is anything in the box for them which has turned into a little game for us. Lastly, I had no idea that fiber one brownie would be so yummy! 

I agree, having a teenager and a preteen makes sure everything in the box gets devoured!!! And they love the surprise. I get the kids box now too.

Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's no September thread but this box stinks

I noticed that the other day and I think it says a lot about Goodies' fast downfall - did you get yours already and can I ask what you got?

I got mine:

A bottle of water (Nestle Pure Life - Grape/Acai flavor)

Honey (little tiny cup, only about 1/3 full)

Green Olives (small pack, maybe 5-6 olives)

Zone Bar - Greek Yogurt/Chocolate Flavored

Kashi Hummus Chips

Apple Chips - Fuji Red

Numi Savory Tea (1 teabag, tomato basil flavor)
Once again, sizes are disappointing, and while the variations are much better than last month, it wasn't enough to change my mind.  I cancelled.  Also, I received the Apple Chips before.  I am so not keeping a sub that gives repeat samples.

So... even though I canceled a couple months back, I re-subbed since I had a codes for free boxes to the regular box and the kids box.  I'm thinking about just subbing to the kid's box.  I was happy with it this month.  Haven't gotten the regular box yet.  

It included:   Sour Power Straws Chocolate Nesquick cookies Strawberry Nesquick cookies Animeals organic pasta sauce Oogles popcorn Cow Wow Organic chocolate milk  

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got mine:

Kashi Hummus Chips

Apple Chips - Fuji Red

Once again, sizes are disappointing, and while the variations are much better than last month, it wasn't enough to change my mind.  I cancelled.  Also, I received the Apple Chips before.  I am so not keeping a sub that gives repeat samples.

thanks! definitely better than august, i would say but glad I cancelled, I'd be annoyed too to get repeats, they haven't been around that long.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So... even though I canceled a couple months back, I re-subbed since I had a codes for free boxes to the regular box and the kids box.  I'm thinking about just subbing to the kid's box.  I was happy with it this month.  Haven't gotten the regular box yet.  

It included:   Sour Power Straws Chocolate Nesquick cookies Strawberry Nesquick cookies Animeals organic pasta sauce Oogles popcorn Cow Wow Organic chocolate milk  

I got the same kids box. I wasn't happy or unhappy with the regular box. I figure for 7 bucks a month it could be worse. It has been better but whatever. I can give the stuff away that I don't want so it wont get wasted.

I got mine:

Kashi Hummus Chips

Apple Chips - Fuji Red

Got the same one but might have gotten a different tea flavor, I didn't check. The apple chips were in the kids box last month so I don't really count that as a repeat even if it won't let me review it again because it was technically in a different box.

I got mine:

Kashi Hummus Chips

Apple Chips - Fuji Red

Also, someone complained about that on their FB page and it seems like they took care of it so you may try asking there if they could send you an alternate sample? That way you don't feel cheated.

I think this month looks like it will suck too. My page shows the same items as MagicalMom except it doesn't list the honey. How many points do you need for a free box? If I'm close I'll buy one more month but if not, I'm canceling! This sub has been a huge disappointment.

Quote: Originally Posted by SamhopeM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got mine:

Kashi Hummus Chips

Apple Chips - Fuji Red

Also, someone complained about that on their FB page and it seems like they took care of it so you may try asking there if they could send you an alternate sample? That way you don't feel cheated.

Oh, good to know!  My hubby was on his way out the door to work and he grabbed them right up, so I'm not going to try for a replacement as they were eaten so quickly!  Thank you though!

Quote: Originally Posted by sweetharlot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think this month looks like it will suck too. My page shows the same items as MagicalMom except it doesn't list the honey. How many points do you need for a free box? If I'm close I'll buy one more month but if not, I'm canceling! This sub has been a huge disappointment.

It's 300 points for a free box.  Go ahead and do all your reviews and see how many points you have!  You might have more than you think!

It's 300 points for a free box.  Go ahead and do all your reviews and see how many points you have!  You might have more than you think!

Thanks, hopefully I do!

I think I need to just cancel the regular sub and try the kids one. I am so disappointed by this month and last month that I am considering canceling altogether, but I have kind of childish tastes so maybe the kid's one will be more fun for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The honey must be for the tea that's why it's not listed.

The tea is a savory tea so that might be a consideration before adding the honey.  It seems to be a trend, "Love with Food" is also sampling savory teas, but they included 2 bags instead of one.  There are no listings for the savory tea yet on their web site either.  The honey in GCB and tea in LWF just might be an eleventh-hour entrant and maybe when reviews rolls around it'll be properly recognized there?

I got this month for free with points and I just canceled.  I thought the offereings this month was within expectations in terms of variety and size, but not value.  The full retail value of their boxes is just at $7 maybe less.  But 1 'C+" box does not make up for the 2 'D' experience of the first 2 boxes.  There's no consistancy in their performance.     For a sub that is backed by Walmart, a retail bohemoth, who is able to source goods at cut-throat low-ball whole sale prices and perhaps with samples probably being dumped at their doorsteps - to get into the Walmart distribution channel...  I expected a boxes with good value propositions - especially since we are guranteed revenue.  This box had a whole-sale value of ~ $2 bucks, IMO.    So 3 boxes later, I'm done!  I might resub again if I want the boxes for organizing around the house :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />....

Back